“comfortable”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #39 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
“comfortable”
Reviewed 9 October 2011

comfortably positioned at scott road. It is on verge of shopping bliss of orchad road and orchad MRT station is few meres away. Breakfast buffet has good indian food.( veggie like me did not need to starve in singapore ) taxi availability very easy. nice pool.

Room Tip: ask for pool facing rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank himani17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 8 October 2011

Excellent location and a modern hotel kept in very good shape. The deluxe rooms are very big and very nice feel. Swimming pool is a bit small, but kids enjoyed it. Breakfast and dinner are good. The lounge has an extra corner for kids and the service is very attentive.

Room Tip: Choose the deluxe room
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I can honestly say that this is one of the best, in fact I would say it is the best 5 Star hotel I have ever stayed at. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff there, particularly those in the Club Lounge, they were fantastic, I would definitely recommend a Club Lounge room, you certainly won't be disappointed. I definitely want to go back to Singapore and would certainly stay at the Grand Hyatt again as I couldn't fault anything about it. The restaurants were all fantastic there too.....Pete's Place is a great little Italian restaurant, Mezza9 had the most amazing food and the Friday and Saturday night BBQ dinner menu with free flowing drinks was also fantastic. StraitsKitchen is the only one I didn't try and I will try that when I go back there next time. All in all....what a fantastic hotel!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a Club Room, you won't be disappointed with the free full breakfast, alcoholic...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Sasebo, Japan
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Getting out of the taxi, the hotel has staff manning the front entrance 24/7 who'll greet you with genuine smiles. Check in was a breeze. Our bags were brought promptly, room is clean and smells fresh. Our room was 726 in the 'new' wing, but towards 10pm on the first night, while laying in bed after an exhausting day, my wife and I started to hear a rhythmic low bass thumping sound. It was annoying. At first I thought it was the room above us. Putting my ear to the window, I figured out it was the hotel's night club. To confirm, I jumped in the elevator to the lobby, and yep, same thumping beat. So, even on the 7th floor, we were experience that low annoying bass resonance. Must've been through the building's structural members or could have been transmitting via the ducting system. Stuck it out for 1 1/2 hrs thinking it'd go away, b/c we were still up and watching tv anyway. Well it didn't.

So, around 11:45pm called the front desk to kindly investigate (again, I still wanted to believe it was the folks above us), so they mentioned they'd check out the 8th floor. About 8minutes later, there was a knock on the door and it was the night duty manager and an assistant. I was mildly surprised but even more surprised when he kindly asked if he could come in and experience for himself. Which is very good in my book, I'd rather him be there in person and ask for "proof" rather than try to convince someone over the phone who's detached and may not necessarily have your best interests in mind. Some people may be offended or put off by someone asking to, basically, "prove it" (which, I in no way took it that way, but rather very much welcomed it, and was more than happy to let him in the room at midnight and almost forgetting my wife was in bed), but I've soon realized, particularly in asia, that the more you yourself has a "coke & a smile" attitude, the more others are willing to accommodate, help, negotiate, or help fix your problem; if you have a gripe about something or anything, first outfit yourself with a "coke and a smile" then present your case. 9.9 times out of 10, you'll get yourself a "coke and a smile" treatment in return. If you the customer don't have this approach, you might as well take an aspirin for the headache to come. People'll shutdown on you quicker than a rolling blackout, AND with a grin...no smile.

Anyway, so, we stood there in silence, lol & wife still hunkered down in bed, and listened for a good minute. Of course, it seemed like the hotel's club was having an intermission with their music playing or something like that while the DJ's figuring out something better to play or taking a break...you know. But, the manager did agree with us, and on the spot offered a couple options. He'd call back within a few minutes with a new room to move to or move first thing in the morning. Wife & I chose the morning. Between my wife & I, we decided we'd just tough it out and wear our airplane earmuffs for the night. However, no more than 5 minutes after he left, sure enough, the downstairs club came out of their "intermission" and resonance was worse than before.

So, I called the front desk again and said we'd take up the offer to move now. They offered us the 20th floor, top floor, exec suite, corner room, and complimentary internet and exec club lounge access for remainder of our stay. Told em we'd be ready in 15 minutes.

Well, lo' and behold, bellhop is there to transfer our bags and escort us to new room.

Wasn't sure if it was our "coke and a smile" attitude or hyatt gold pass membership that assisted us in this matter, but it didn't make a difference. At the end of our stay, I realized Grand Hyatt Singapore's staff would have done their best and treated any other guest with the same respect, promptness, professionalism and sympathy, regardless of stature.

New room was great, of course. Downstairs Mezza9 restaurant was reasonable, and actually surprising. At first I thought the dishes were overpriced, however, after receiving my rack of lamb, I was mistaken. 6 full, large chops. Plate was huge, lamb was a plenty. I was exepcting the normal 3 puny/petite chops some 5 star restaurants are getting all too familiar with serving nowadays. And when you order a glass of wine, it's a proper GLASS of wine. So, Mezza9 was worth it. However, due to the very convenient location of the hotel, we only ate inside that one time.

Location location location. A hop, skip and a step to your left out of the front entrance and you're at the entrance to the metro service. Taxi's are readily available in the lobby. Concierge was helpful with providing maps, bus schedule/tours, or even which bus/metro to ride to make most of our time and with what we wanted to see.

Probably 1/2 mile away by foot, great area for locals & tourists alike to enjoy some after work/happy hour drinks, tapas, meals, or whatever at a string of tavern, outdoor-like bars. Wife is pregnant so we didn't get to experience this. (Not to get off topic, but one day during the trip I'll never forget, she was adamant she wanted a turkey sandwich. We ended up walking all over place, and no turkey sandwich. So, if you want a turkey sandwich, goodluck. I forget where we ended up eating, but I'll never forget the turkey sandwich episode.)

All in all, Grand Hyatt will be the first choice if/when we were to return to Singapore. Clean, comfy, great location, and genuinely friendly & professional staff. For the cost, which isn't unreasonable, the hotel's convenient location itself should be enough to convince you; pending, of course, the reason for your visit either business or vacation/sightseeing/shopping.

Room Tip: Floors above the night club bar may experience resonating bass
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FUJI_Akira
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I have stayed here several times now and find the guest experience to be consistently good. The lobby area and rooms are excellent, although not to everybody's taste, so I can understand some of the other reviewer's comments in this regard. The staff at reception could be friendlier but they are certainly professional and efficient, which for a business hotel is just fine.

• Stayed September 2011
manila
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Singapore last weekend. The hotel lobby is incredibly busy but once you cross from the front desk and into the elevators, it gets more stress free and relaxing.
The location is good but the marriot next door is more connected to the Ion where all the shopping you need is located. Service was good. Lobby staff was excellent specially the concierge team. They got taxis, car rentals and gave directions for us without that air of give me a tip around them. Food is good. Room service menu can be improved. Spa is good. poolside is wonderful...I would come back but i do not want to go back to Singapore for a while...that's another review.

Room Tip: when you book a twin bed room it costs more..i do not understand why.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank catman38ph
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I need to tell that all my expenses were paid by my company so I am not quite sure of the daily prices.

Location is perfect since it is in the middle of everything. By walk you can go shopping or cover your instant needs. Rooms are very clean and every single need is covered around (like ironing table, funny but It saved my day). There is not much view because of the buildings around.

Restaurants are clean and foods are delicious but expensive.

There is a mid-end bar very close to the hotel( I am not sure if it is a part of the hotel but it seems so).

The small waterfall inside is good to have but does not make you feel much localized.

The lobby is crowded and noisy and the staff is not that much professional. That is the first thing suprised with Hyatt.

Overall it is a high-end beautiful hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: Higher levels has a better chance to have a view..
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled on business