“Another fantastic stay at the Grand Hyatt.”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #40 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Hong Kong
“Another fantastic stay at the Grand Hyatt.”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The Grand Hyatt is one of my favorite hotels in Singapore. I arrived at the hotel in the afternoon and the check in process took only about 2 minutes. I was happy to learn that I was upgraded to a Junior Suite which has happened on 5 of my last 6 stays at the property. Strait's Kitchen is one of my favorite breakfast and dinner buffet locations. I received a 2pm checkout when I checked in and when my meeting changed they gave me a 3pm checkout. The rooms haven't changed much in the past 8 years. The only thing I noticed was that they upgraded their tv's from B&O to larger LG's.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Delhi
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Hotel is in one of the prime areas of singapore and next to famous Orchard Road
If you are a shopaholic then this is the hotel for u .
As it is hyatt so the hotel is very professional .
The only thing which i really feel is that it is quite old and requires a renovation

Room Tip: Try to book rooms in grand wing , else u may have to walk a lot to reach your room
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

I stayed at a two bedroom suite and it was a real disappointment.

The living room is very small and has no window.

One of the bedrooms has two beds and a window---but there is no closet for your clothes. So where do you put your clothes? On the floor?

The master bedroom is a bit bigger and has a small closet. May be the designer wanted all to share in one closet?

There is a normal ensuite bathroom in the master. There is a two piece bathroom by the living room. That was it. So everyone has to go to the master bedroom to use the shower? How inadequate!

Thank goodness I only spent two nights at this hotel. For the price the Hyatt is charging, there are much better choices.

• Stayed May 2012
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I walked in for check-in around 11pm after arriving on a late night flight - and upon entering the hotel premises, I saw 2 doormen staff (in uniform) chatting near the door. When I walked up to the door, I had to open the door myself and get the luggage through. One of the uniformed doormen turned around, saw me, and just continued chatting and laughing with the other doorman.

Upon check-in, I was told that I would get a free breakfast to go along with my Status. Therefore, I visited the breakfast buffet restaurant and asked to be seated in a table for 1. The hostess asked me to wait because there was not enough space. Funny - a Caucasian lady walked in after me, asked for a table for 2, and was seated right away. After 5 minutes of waiting at the front, I was seated to a corner spot which had a table that was un-busted.

Visiting the buffet, I saw a fruit juice stand. I asked the staff behind the counter for a fresh squeezed watermelon juice. He looked at me and said in a uncaring tone - "It's chargeable".
I immediately examined myself to see if I had come across as rude or impolite - however, I was very sure that I was not. I was dressed in a business suit and was not acting or looking inappropriate for the environment - but why the attitude?

At the end of the day, I returned to the hotel and at my room, I had called for Dry Cleaning to be picked up, as I had complimentary cleaning for 1 shirt per day. I politely asked the staff who came to pick it up to return the shirt by the next morning 9am as I was to check out. His response? "I'll try." Then he turned his back on me and left.

Frustrated, I decided to go to the gym for a workout, and was told by the staff when I phoned them that I could borrow gym clothes if I didn't bring my own. Upon completion of my work out, I put my used gym clothing into the linens bin of the locker room and as I was exiting the gym, a staff ran after me and said "Sir, did you return the shorts yet?"

Are you accusing me of stealing your gym shorts???

i decided that I was going to leave the hotel sooner than I had intended to stay. Therefore, the next morning, I checked out and asked for a staff to come to my room to help me with my luggage. I waited 20 minutes and no one came or informed me they were on the way. Therefore, I decided to carry the 3 pieces of luggage on my own. As I was making my way down the hallways, I saw a young uniformed staff walking towards me. He asked me if I had called for assistance. When I replied "Yes", he said - "Oh." I had no more energy to teach the staff of Grand Hyatt how to serve a guest with minimum respect. Therefore, I continued to carry my bags on my own and left the hotel premises immediately after checking out.

If I was told the Grand Hyatt Singapore is a 1-Star property, I would believe it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
10 Thank Donald M
Evergem, Belgium
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Stayed in this hotel from 26th april till 07th may 2012. The hotel is few steps away from Orchard Road, next to Far East Plaza. Hotel restaurants are excellent, staff is very friendly and helpfull, pool is great to relax after shopping. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Everything is there to spend a wonderfull time in Singapore. Really cant say anything bad from this hotel, not cheap but ofcourse its in the centre of Singapore. Had a lovely time there.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank HugoColle
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The front desk were brilliant and very quick in sorting out the paper work.
My room was a junior suite (upgrade) and was blown away by the generosity of being a Hyatt Passport member. The room (1234) was great and clean and I was very happy with the offering. The gym was very hot and busy and using the running machines without cooling wasn't great but hey this isn't a problem in just this hotel.

When checking out the process was very easy but I would of liked to have a room to allow me to change into as my flight was at 10pm but hey that is a value add that I would like and not a criticism of the hotel chain.

Overall, a great time and will be back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve P
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

Stayed one night at leisure trip to Singapore.
The hotel is extremely tired, nice lobby and restaurants, BUT rooms!.. 'Bygone Era' WC with some corrosion stained details, no cover. Old shower facilities and very scratched bath.

But quite good breakfast (great choice of dishes, freshly sqeezed juses, etc..), perfect stuff, very friendly, helpful, concierge and recepcionists.

Location is great for shopping, just a corner from the Orchard road and MRT station.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends