“Great Location, Superb Hotel”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #42 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 July 2012

What I love about this hotel is it's location is so close to many biggest shopping mall in Singapore. Love that this time our room's spotless. I know they're trying hard to make it happen. A few months ago we're also stayed in the same hotel. When we just arrived, I want to check the fridge and mini bar, when I opened the cabinet, it was very sticky. maybe the guest who stayed in that room before us spilled some syrup or honey on it. So I called the operator to contact someone to clean it. A few minutes later, they send someone to cleaned it. Not long after that, the manager called our room and apologized for that mess, and offered us to upgrade our room. Besides that mess, we have nothing to complain about that Junior suite room. And we're just too lazy to move and repacking our suitcase to another room, so we politely declined her offer. Then she gave us a complimentary one night free of charge, wich we delightly accepted.
After that incident, we know this hotel have a good team, and they are dedicated for costumers satisfaction. Definitely will stay in this hotel again next time when we're in Singapore

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, ask for rooms with balcony in 4th floor. The rooms has outdoor seating area...

Reviewed 29 June 2012

I like this hotel. The location is just off Orchard Road on Scotts road and a few minutes to Orchard MRT station. Plenty of food choices available nearby if you tire of hotel food. And good base for exploring Orchard Road - during Singapore Sale time.

Rooms are decently sized. While not huge - they have planned things nicely and the beds are comfortable. Rooms are quiet and sound proofing is pretty good.

My rate did not include breakfast - so did not eat in the hotel - can't comment

Only quibbles
- slightly more expensive compared to the competition. I redeemed it on points this time.
- The bar/pub in the hotel does become swarmed with ladies of the night looking for clients in the later part of the evening. I was with a friend enjoying some drinks around 11pm and we were both 'approached' a few times. By no means a deal-breaker for me.

I would consider returning here again. But Singapore has so many great hotels that sometimes we are faced with a huge array of choices. But this hotel is great for access to public transport and Orchard Road. It is also just outside the ERP zone.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2012

The last time I went to this hotel for high tea was with my family in December 2011. However, I would have to say the range of food for the high tea was not that good, when compared with before. It was also slightly more expensive. The food range seemed to focus more on the scorn and sandwiches.

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious enough.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

For those of you that read my reviews you will know that The Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong is my all time favourite hotel. Well the sister hotel in Singapore whilst not as great, it is certainly close. It is well located with walking distance to the multitude of shopping centres and attractions close by. I stayed on the club level ( I always find the extra money is well worth it ). The room was large and well appointed with separate work area. The beds are comfortable. The bathroom is large and great water pressure. With the club access you get free wifi , breakfast which was fabulous ( different hot options every day ), refreshments during the day and then drinks and nibbles at night. Hardly to be called nibbles as it is seriously substantial food. The staff on the club lounge are certainly attentive as are all the staff at this hotel. I did not eat at the other food outlets as I find Singapore has such an amazing array of restaurants on offer but they looked busy. Getting to your room in this hotel can mean a little walk so probably not for the aged or infirm. Other than that I can not criticise . I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for something closer to the lift as the corridors in this hotel go on forever.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank janwholeboxndice
Reviewed 27 June 2012

it's always a pleasant stay here in Grand Hyatt Singapore.
Breakfast is great. I think they need to improve their breakfast menu selections. nothing changed from last year.
Front office service is always excellent compared to other hotels in Singapore.
if you want to have maximum space, try to book grand deluxe king. grand king room is a bit 'tight' in my opinion.
The swimming pool is nice though it's quite far from the main tower.
Location is great, it's located in the Orchard shopping belt.
Overall, I'm gonna be back to this hotel when I visit Singapore

Room Tip: Grand deluxe room is better than grand king
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Last time I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Singapore was over 5 years ago, and it was pleasant. Great location, nice pool & spa area. They definitely did not disappoint this time, and in fact seems to have really improved their service quotient, right down to the details. The concierge was efficient and informative and even alerted me on the status of my requests while I was out. That's communication! Keep up the good work Grand Hyatt, what ever your doing it's all right. I will definitely continue to stay with the Grand Hyatt's if the service is all like this.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Travel Q
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I admit that I really am a fan of this hotel. I have been here a half dozen times, usually on my way from somewhere to somewhere else in this region. I have never been disappointed.

We arrived very late last night from a 20 hour flight from the U.S. and was greeted with total professionalism. We were hungry and they brought us a nice treat to our room which was very well received.

The location is perfect for shopping and exploring the sites of Singapore. the pool is beautiful as well--a nice treat in a business hotel which usually don't have such a luxurious pool.

I will be back in a couple of weeks on my way home from Indonesia and will enjoy I am sure.