“Modern hotel”

Ranked #42 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Dordt, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Modern hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

A very high quality hotel with all the facilities in place.
Price quality very high compared to normal standards.
However enjoyed my stay, was glad that I did not have to pay it myself.
We enjoyed our breakfast somewhere else in Singapore.
You can have three outstanding breakfasts at Starbucks for the price of one of the Hyatt's.
And the coffee is much better!
Sorry for the negative comment but this is all over the top!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Arnold W,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for sharing your review and feedback. Your comments on the pricing structure have also been shared with the management team, who will constantly strive to ensure that our prices remain competitive within similar class of five-star establishments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for business for 10 days and it was a brilliant hotel! The arrival was smooth and swift, the rooms were a good size with great desk set up for a longer business stay and the amenities in the hotel were fantastic. There was some remodelling work going on but I barely noticed as most of the disruption was during the day when I was not there.

The buffet breakfast in the restaurant was spectacular. The pool was a little oasis off the busy Orchard road. The gym facilities were great, with plenty of machines, towels, water and a great steam room and spa in the bathrooms after a workout. The location is perfect if you are in Singapore to shop or enjoy the busy Orchard Road area.

I really loved staying here. It felt like a home away from home and the staff were so attentive and lovely. Massive recommendation from me.

Room Tip: Go for a suite with a separate lounge room if you plan to stay for a longer period of time
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Peachhat,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for sharing your wonderful and positive review of our hotel. We are elated that you have enjoyed the recent stay with us and have since shared your gracious words with the team. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

With the exception of the Marina Bay Sands, this is likely the best hotel in Singapore. The difference between the two is that this one is significantly cheaper. If you don't feel like hanging out at the rooftop pool at the Sands, this is the hotel to book.

The rooms here are extremely nice even when compared to other 5-star hotels. The sleep quality and cleanliness was flawless. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Marina Bay might be a better location for tourism but this hotel has the better location for shopping.

The pool isn't large but it's nice and cozy. Breakfast isn't included but the restaurant buffet isn't bad.

This is the hotel I'll be staying in at Singapore and I will highly recommend to any type of visitor.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Stoyann,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for sharing your positive review. I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed your stay. The team and I truly appreciate your wonderful compliments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

While the hotel is not new, it is well maintained with constant upgrading. In fact there was some construction on this two day visit but it was invisible and noisiless. We did not know much about Singapore so selected this hotel due to the ratings, price and location. They currently have a special price for the room with breakfast included. To purchase the breakfast separately it is over US$30. The buffet breakfast is fantastic. You can choose from American, Chinese or Indian cuisine. We ate around 9:30 am each morning and were happy to skip lunch.
We were in Singapore for a two day post-cruise visit. We were delighted to be given our room upon arrival about 9 am. The staff are well trained and treat you in a similar fashion to cruise staff. We had an incident where the cabbie short changed me on our ride from the ship and the staff intervened and filed a report on my behalf. I must add that this treatment is not the norm. We used cabs constantly and everyone was honest. Be prepared to pay a meter premium during rush hour and in the evening. Cabs to the quays were from US$8 to US$10.
Our room was large, comfortable and clean. We were located at the back away from Scotts Street so the room was quiet with no view. If you enjoy a firm pillow, a firm mattress and a duvet, you will have an enjoyable sleep. I like none of these and this would be my only complaint. I find duvets much too not so the only alternative is to rip the cover off and use it as a sheet.
The location is both positive and negative. You are in the heart of the shopping distict at Scotts and Orchard Road. Unfortunately it is all very high end and over the top expensive by our standards. Also it is wall-to-wall people particularly young people. They socialize in this area so it becomes very crowded. If you love to find bargains. this is not the place for you. Other areas such as Chinatown, Little India or Arab Street have little to offer with store after store selling the same stuff. If we were returning I would be inclined to stay in the Marina Bay area where most of the tourist attractions are located. However expect to pay more.
On the positive side, we found an excellent mini mart in the basement of Scott Square next door. We bought wine, cold meat and cheese, then bought a loaf of French Bread at the bakery beside the mini mart and enjoyed an in-suite meal after a long day of sightseeing. Another option is to try some true Singapore cuisine in the basement of Tangs at the corner of Orchard and Scotts Rd. They have several cooking stations all prepared in front of you. All at a reasonable price (not the suckling pig). It is patronized by locals.
When travelling, always allow extra time for traffic.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luvtravel41
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Luvtravel41,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Singapore. We are delighted to hear that your experience was positive and we appreciate your taking the time to post a review on it. We definitely hope to welcome you back when you next visit Singapore.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

this hotel is now my fav in Singapore. even though I have stayed before I wasn't expecting such big changes. to start with their staff are the friendliest in Singapore and their club room which had been relocated and modernised has the most food I have ever seen in a club. breakfast in the club room is also very good and the coffee not bad.

it's a very quiet hotel, we were there over the weekend and not a peep could be heard from
our room even though the hotel was at 88% occupancy

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank silvermasked
Dear silvermasked,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We are most pleased to read that Grand Hyatt is in your favorite list amongst the hotels in Singapore and above all, we are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and the services delivered by our team. We very much look forward to receiving you again.

Ringwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Being on a flying visit to Singapore, I really just needed somewhere to rest my head!

Impressions from the start were good. Was met at the door & my bag taken, then escorted to the reception desk. I pointed out that I needed to be on my way as soon as possible & I noted that tge girl on the desk immediately requested the bell captain to ensure my bag was taken up straight away.

I believe I had a superior room which was excellent. Very spacious & comfortable, with a dresssing room, office/lounge area & a comfortable bed. Room was clean & well furnished with an excellent drench shower.

Location being just off Orchard Road is excellent for the main shopping areas. I only ate in the hotel once which was in the Italian. Both food & service were good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Rob M,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay at Grand Hyatt Singapore and I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the experience. The team and I look forward to welcoming you again in Singapore.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

everytime I go to Hyatt i feel at home. The rooms are fantastic, the buffet has upteem number of varieties and the service is too good. shopping malls are also nearby so very convenient. The gym is well equipped.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear shach25,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We are absolutely delighted that you felt home when at Hyatt and thank you for pointing out the convenience of our hotel location. The team and I look forward to your return soon.