“HYATT!!!”

Ranked #42 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“HYATT!!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed here with my family and I cannot extend my delight as Peter one of the butlers made it the best stay. The hotel is very accessible and below the hotel there is a club which is nice and had a few shots. i enjoyed the music too. the concierge made my request really fast when i requested a flowers for my girlfriend. Thank you Very much

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear stepeasy,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

We thank you for your generous feedback of our services. The team here has been diligently working on further improving our services and your feedback had come in very timely. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team here. Thank you once again for your inspiring feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights mid week on a business trip and the Grand Hyatt was great. Centrally located amongst the hustle & bustle of Orchard shopping area. The room was spacious and comfortable with a huge bathroom. The buffet breakfast was great too. All staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear kelban,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am grateful for your appreciation of our hotel location, breakfast experience and service delivered by the team. Our associates here are indeed appreciative of your kind words for them. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 28 August 2014

[Without Prejudice]
After hotel hopping in Singapore for the past 4 weeks, I thought this week's stay is by far the worst! This I will tell you why.
1) Attitude – (Check In Experience) In the hotel/tourism line, what branding does for one is a natural inclination to be critical with the level and quality of services rendered from the point I step off my ride in the taxi to the the point I check out and step into my taxi to head off to the airport. I also cross checked how my mood emotions were this whole trip, and unfortunately it was relatively good and positive, until it turned sour almost every day I returned to the hotel for my rest. I was booked into a Standard room which is arranged by my company's travel agent. When I was checking in, I was attended by an executive who probably had a bad day at work. Of course, Mr. J could not stifle a smile out while checking me in. Fortunate/unfortunately he mentioned that the hotel was fully booked that day, and he mentioned that he's doing me a favor by upgrading my booking to a Grand Suite King. My reaction was that "I really don't need a suite, and is there any couple near-by who was checking in and I can do a swap with their normal room". Unfortunately, none were at sight. So I accepted the room with gratitude. From that point on-wards, the check-in experience went downhill. The body language from Mr. J became nothing but patronizing and did unwillingly pass the door-card to me. Frankly, I am not sure if that kind of front desk attitude is something encouraged in the Grand Hyatt, SG, because I observed a notice-able decline in attitude towards patrons like myself, compared to 5 years ago. (Check Out Experience) It was bad as well. I remembered the same executive checked me in/out during my previous stay, and I remembered leaving the front desk with a bad taste in the mouth. While checking my itemized billing during check out, I was also simultaneously booking a cab on the internet. Suddenly I lost all connection to the WiFi. I not only did not get to know if I managed to get a cab or not, and little was done to reinstate the WiFi for me to complete the transaction (purely because I was already checked out). The exec saw how crossed I was and she left her station to arrange for a cab immediately for me to get to work. Nevertheless, there’s no remorse observed. The cab I tried booking eventually did turn up at the hotel, and I had to apologize profusely for bailing out on that booking. Just so uncalled for and I really dislike doing that to people.
2) In Room Dining – I stayed two nights and both nights I dined in. 1st night’s main was Malay Fried Rice and 2nd night’s, was Steamed Chicken Rice, Singapore is just famous for. Now, both mains were not good. However, that did not bother me as much as how insincere the operator was when he was asking how my dining experience was during the 2nd night. Before I could even answer him on my feedback of the food, he cut me short and told me someone will be sent over to pick up the tray. Again, I thought to myself, why he even bother asking me the question when he’s not interested to even hear what I was going to say. Those are basic communication skills, no? And for in-room dining, why would anyone took a whole 2 minutes to pick up my call?
3) Breakfast @ the Straits – Also, takes a long time at 6.45am to direct me to a table and the morning breakfast crowd has not even arrived! The food wasn’t good anymore. The stir fried white carrot cake used to be sumptuous and now it has reduced to just ½ a serving on my plate. I just could not bear finish such de-motivating quality of food.
As I read through some of the other comments on Tripadvisor, I can’t help but question if these treatments are only directed more on non-Caucasians? [Disclaimer: I only read some of the recent reviews quickly] Or this is only from certain senior front desk execs? With these two incidences, I reckon it’s either there is not enough training for them to be hospitable OR, this is really not the right job for them OR, they are too complacent already in that role and requires a change out. I don’t know what the reasons/excuses are – but I sure know there is a brewing problem with very basic issues in this hotel. And if it is to do with race or skin, I will not ever step into this hotel again. What a waste! Such a glorious brand, but with such a mess on the Front Liners!

Room Tip: Avoid 1167 (Grand Suite King) When the air-con is left on in the living room, there's still a l...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank zcemp13
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were automatically upgraded into a larger suite since there were openings. The service was very attentive -- we had issues with switching the television channels for the two TVs, and a staff immediately came to help us. Also, the breakfast buffet was diverse and had many options. The outdoor pool area was a bit smaller, considering there were any guests. But the overall layout was nice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Joyce N,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

We are happy to note that you have enjoyed the room and were pleased with the service delivered by the team.

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your recent accommodation in Singapore. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

My third stay here. The first time round it was just me and my husband and now we returned with both our kids and booked the grand deluxe room, very comfortable..breakfast not bad a lot of Indian options. Only con i was upset about is the absence of a lifeguard at the pool...

Stayed August 2014
Dear Manisha G,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for your review.

I am glad you and your family have had a pleasant stay and it is always motivating to welcome returning guests. I have taken good note of your concern regarding the absence of a lifeguard by the pool; I wish to assure you that there are safety measures in place to ensure that the safety of all our valued guests will not be compromised in any manner.

The entire team and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

London
Reviewed 26 August 2014

On arriving, we were greeted by the entrance, check in was immediate on an iPad. We were led straight to our rooms. We booked two inter-connecting rooms for our children and us. If you book rooms in the newer wing, they are more spacious. However, we got upgraded to junior suites and thought these rooms were much smaller, we had a living room for each room which was really nice bonus. Rooms are clean and staff are attentive. However, this is a dating hotel and you can see this in the detail of the bathrooms which are deteriorating. I even spotted some mould in the shower! The beds were very comfortable and air conditioning worked fine in all the rooms.

The hotel staff were helpful in booking taxis and tours and gave us umbrellas when it rained. We used the spa but it was very expensive so beware! The gym and pool are OK nothing amazing.

I'd stay again due to the hotel's prime location and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Try and get it in the new wing.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear subzy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Grand Hyatt Singapore!

We are extremely pleased that you found the location of our hotel conveniently located at the cusp of the famed Orchard Road shopping and entertainment belt, with easy access to any part of the island.

We are also delighted that you enjoyed the warm Hyatt hospitality and especially the mention of the smooth check-in you. Your feedback on the rate structure of our Damai Spa has been shared with the management team who will constantly strive to ensure that our prices remain competitive within similar class of a 5-star establishments.

In addition, I have also reminded our Room Attendants to be more meticulous during their room checking process and we are also constantly looking into possibilities of upgrading the hotel whenever the opportunity arises.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel room was lovely and it was nicely furnished unfortunately the front door to the room was very thin and we could hear people in the corridor at night which woke us up several time throughout our stay.

The hotel pool was also disappointing, for the size of the hotel the pool was tiny and it meant that it was very over crowded.

The worst aspect of this hotel was the staff. It started at check in when they told us that we had not paid and then asked us to pay for the hotel, few minutes later they realised that we had paid for the hotel prior to our stay and they had to cancel the transaction. Throughout our stay the breakfast staff were horrendously slow though this did not really bother us because we were on holiday and we were not in any great hurry. At check out they did not refund my deposit properly and a month later I had still not revived it, when I contacted the hotel about this problem they were very unapologetic about it and did not give me any explanation as to why this occurred they did send me a receipt to show that they processed the return of my deposit after my complaint.
I will not be staying at this hotel again, especially not for the prices they are charging, I am horribly disappointed with this hotel we stayed here because we were hoping for a couple of days of luxury but staying here was more trouble than it was worth.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear 111helenel,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! It is most unfortunate and we deeply regret the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We sincerely appreciate your feedback about the area of concern and have investigated and addressed this with the relevant parties involved. We assure you this is an entirely unique incident which will not repeat itself.

In addition, our Project Manager will place greater focus on improving our sound-proofing performances for the guest rooms and will look at the layout of swimming pool during the next upgrading project.

We do look forward to being of service to you with the hospitality that had drawn you back to us in the first instance.