“Hotel”

Ranked #42 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Port Louis District
“Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Stayed at Grand Hyatt Singapore this April for two weeks and we were very satisfied with the service of all the staff whether at check in or room service. Even staff at the gym was very helpful.
Food at Pete's place was just excellent

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe room for a family of three and it is very spacious
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AhFoung
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear AhFoung,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for sharing your review.

I am glad that you have had a pleasant stay with us in April and were satisfied with the service delivered by the team. The entire team and I look forward to having you with us again soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

Certainly a premium hotel - wouldn't normally splurge for an overnight business stay, but turns out that on this night, my normal hotel was booked out, and others in this location were all pretty pricey - so if I was going over-pay for a room, may as well have tried this one,

Great room, with a small separate office, and workspace exceptional & effortless service and the location is fantastic.

Best I have stayed in Singapore so far.

Dear Mark P,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for posting your review after your stay. I am delighted that we have had the opportunity to be at your service and it is delighting to note that we were able to impress you. The team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Very good and well priced hotel. It is definitely not 5 star but if you want to be right smack in the middle of shopping area then this is the property.
They do a fantastic BBQ on Friday night by the pool which was very enjoyable. We found the breakfast at the straits very basic for westerners, limited selection of cereals and fruits and breads and the worst tasting soy milk ever if you happen to be lactose intolerant.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Elizabeth C,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to learn of your satisfaction with the overall stay and have taken good note regarding your feedback selection of breakfast items at StraitsKitchen which will be reviewed for further improvement. We hope you will visit us again when you next travel to Singapore.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Marriott Platinum member, but when visiting Singapore, this hotel will most likely always steal my business. I have stayed here twice, and both times were great experiences:

1st time we were upgraded to a suite, and
2nd time they made a cake and delivered to the room free of charge for my wife's birthday (I did ask if there was something they could do, but I was expecting a cupcake and they went way over the top)... Amazing Service

They had recently done some renovations the last time we were there, and I will say that the finished product was superb. One of the best hotel gyms I have seen, and the pool was great.

The place is a little pricey (most hotels in singapore are), but they really do deliver in getting you what you pay for.

Room Tip: Definitely sign up for Hyatt rewards before coming in... even if you will never stay at a Hyatt agai...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Weinmann11,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Many thanks for sharing your experiences with us. It is very delighting to read that we were able to impress you and make your stay special and memorable. We hope you will return and are looking forward to having you with us again in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

Stayed here with my family and I cannot extend my delight as Peter one of the butlers made it the best stay. The hotel is very accessible and below the hotel there is a club which is nice and had a few shots. i enjoyed the music too. the concierge made my request really fast when i requested a flowers for my girlfriend. Thank you Very much

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear stepeasy,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

We thank you for your generous feedback of our services. The team here has been diligently working on further improving our services and your feedback had come in very timely. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the team here. Thank you once again for your inspiring feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I stayed for 3 nights mid week on a business trip and the Grand Hyatt was great. Centrally located amongst the hustle & bustle of Orchard shopping area. The room was spacious and comfortable with a huge bathroom. The buffet breakfast was great too. All staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Would definitely stay here again!

Dear kelban,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am grateful for your appreciation of our hotel location, breakfast experience and service delivered by the team. Our associates here are indeed appreciative of your kind words for them. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

[Without Prejudice]
After hotel hopping in Singapore for the past 4 weeks, I thought this week's stay is by far the worst! This I will tell you why.
1) Attitude – (Check In Experience) In the hotel/tourism line, what branding does for one is a natural inclination to be critical with the level and quality of services rendered from the point I step off my ride in the taxi to the the point I check out and step into my taxi to head off to the airport. I also cross checked how my mood emotions were this whole trip, and unfortunately it was relatively good and positive, until it turned sour almost every day I returned to the hotel for my rest. I was booked into a Standard room which is arranged by my company's travel agent. When I was checking in, I was attended by an executive who probably had a bad day at work. Of course, Mr. J could not stifle a smile out while checking me in. Fortunate/unfortunately he mentioned that the hotel was fully booked that day, and he mentioned that he's doing me a favor by upgrading my booking to a Grand Suite King. My reaction was that "I really don't need a suite, and is there any couple near-by who was checking in and I can do a swap with their normal room". Unfortunately, none were at sight. So I accepted the room with gratitude. From that point on-wards, the check-in experience went downhill. The body language from Mr. J became nothing but patronizing and did unwillingly pass the door-card to me. Frankly, I am not sure if that kind of front desk attitude is something encouraged in the Grand Hyatt, SG, because I observed a notice-able decline in attitude towards patrons like myself, compared to 5 years ago. (Check Out Experience) It was bad as well. I remembered the same executive checked me in/out during my previous stay, and I remembered leaving the front desk with a bad taste in the mouth. While checking my itemized billing during check out, I was also simultaneously booking a cab on the internet. Suddenly I lost all connection to the WiFi. I not only did not get to know if I managed to get a cab or not, and little was done to reinstate the WiFi for me to complete the transaction (purely because I was already checked out). The exec saw how crossed I was and she left her station to arrange for a cab immediately for me to get to work. Nevertheless, there’s no remorse observed. The cab I tried booking eventually did turn up at the hotel, and I had to apologize profusely for bailing out on that booking. Just so uncalled for and I really dislike doing that to people.
2) In Room Dining – I stayed two nights and both nights I dined in. 1st night’s main was Malay Fried Rice and 2nd night’s, was Steamed Chicken Rice, Singapore is just famous for. Now, both mains were not good. However, that did not bother me as much as how insincere the operator was when he was asking how my dining experience was during the 2nd night. Before I could even answer him on my feedback of the food, he cut me short and told me someone will be sent over to pick up the tray. Again, I thought to myself, why he even bother asking me the question when he’s not interested to even hear what I was going to say. Those are basic communication skills, no? And for in-room dining, why would anyone took a whole 2 minutes to pick up my call?
3) Breakfast @ the Straits – Also, takes a long time at 6.45am to direct me to a table and the morning breakfast crowd has not even arrived! The food wasn’t good anymore. The stir fried white carrot cake used to be sumptuous and now it has reduced to just ½ a serving on my plate. I just could not bear finish such de-motivating quality of food.
As I read through some of the other comments on Tripadvisor, I can’t help but question if these treatments are only directed more on non-Caucasians? [Disclaimer: I only read some of the recent reviews quickly] Or this is only from certain senior front desk execs? With these two incidences, I reckon it’s either there is not enough training for them to be hospitable OR, this is really not the right job for them OR, they are too complacent already in that role and requires a change out. I don’t know what the reasons/excuses are – but I sure know there is a brewing problem with very basic issues in this hotel. And if it is to do with race or skin, I will not ever step into this hotel again. What a waste! Such a glorious brand, but with such a mess on the Front Liners!

Room Tip: Avoid 1167 (Grand Suite King) When the air-con is left on in the living room, there's still a l...
2 Thank zcemp13