Grand Hyatt Singapore
US$336
US$238
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$192
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$116
US$274
US$213
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$529
US$367
MarinaBaySands
3,439 results
All reviewsstraits kitchenorchard roadmartini barpete's placegrand club loungegrand deluxe roomshopping districtf bbusiness hotelbusiness tripcentral locationbuffet breakfastearly checkmrt stationbrixscottsmezza
Reviewed 11 July 2007

The Grand Hyatt would seem to have a lot going for it. It has a great location (minutes away from the wonderful shopping district on Orchard road), excellent facilities, great rooms...

So whats missing? The personal touch. While the staff is professional enough, the whole experience seemd to lack the warmth one has come to expect from good hotel chains. Sure, your work gets done, in much the same way as a robot would do it!

But let me not take away the pluses. The location is fantastic. The premises are clean and well decorated. The breakfast at Straitskitchen is quite a spread. Sure its repititive, but the spread can make up for that. The metro station is a stone's throw away, and taxis are easy to come by.

All in all, an above average hotel. But still needs some warmth to make it to the top rung.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank sxa93
Reviewed 20 June 2007

I recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt during the Indonesian school break and my family had a thoroughly enjoyable stay. It was truly grand and the rooms that we had was a junior suite in the front building.

The room was spacious and the connecting room was sufficient for the kids. What I like about the hotel is that they do not discriminate the fact that I had kids with me, like some hotels do.

My only complaint , well it started as a complaint, was the Straitskitchen was full during one of the nights. I had heard so much about it and wanted to try. The manager on duty on hearing that I was checking-out the next day went through great lengths to rearrange the seatings so that my family can try the restaurant!

Straitskitchen did not dissappoint, great design and concept.
I love the noodle and Indian section. Truly recommendable.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Nana2804
Reviewed 6 June 2007

great location,yummy breakfast.good sized room,my daughter loved the plasma!didn;t try the restaurants but they seemed to be really popular'will definetly return!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank alok
Reviewed 2 June 2007

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. It was a very good stay. their pool is large and beautifully decorated. Hotel is clean and staff are freindly. Hotel is located close to Orchard Rd ..... plenty of shopping. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ms_Singer
Reviewed 22 May 2007

We booked on the Hyatt website, a grand deluxe suite for a week of relaxation in Singapore. Booking conditions included charging your credit card by 2pm. I advised the hotel of our late arrival. However,
when we arrived the only suite they had left was on the 6th floor overlooking a building site and were warned of the noise. For $S510+++ per night! We were offered a club room at the same rate but declined and after 45 minutes were shown to a grand suite. The suite was slightly shabby, overlooking Orchard Rd with two bathrooms, living room, kitchenette etc and LIGHTFITTINGS HANGING FROM WIRES DANGLING FROM THE CEILING.

By this stage it was 3am so we unpacked for the night with the knowledge that the next day we were to transfer to the room type booked.

Later that morning we were shown to the room of the type we had chosen and packed our bags. It was just like the pictures on the website.

We returned to the hotel later that night to find our room not so cool, but were really tired so I showered and turned back the sheets to find them soiled !My husband screamed from the shower as he couldn't regulate the temperature. I called the duty manager and demanded he came to our room with maintenance and housekeeping. We waited an hour for the faults to be rectified and received many appologies. However it was our second room and our second night of disrupted sleep in the hotel. We asked to see the general manager in the morning.

We saw a senior manager who was also very appologetic, offered us various incentives to stay, credited our bill for one night's accomodation and provided a hotel car to transfer us to the Shangri La [the hotel we booked that morning which was subline]. I was not willing to pack AGAIN and try a third night in a third room at the Hyatt.

At the price we expected better. Why wasn't our room allocated if it was guarranteed by our credit card? Why was the hotel in such disrepair?

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple