“Great location for Singapore Grand Prix”

Grand Park City Hall
Ranked #67 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 26 September 2012

What a perfect location. We booked this hotel for attending the Singapore Grand Prix, and also for a special birthday. The Hotel put us on a higher floor (7th) and we had a corner room. From our room we could see the Gate 4 entrance to the Grand Prix circuit - perfect! It was a short stroll to the City Hall MRT which gave walking access to Gate 3 and Gate 7.

In general the staff were excellent throughout the Hotel, although the breakfast staff on the weekend let the side down a little. They seemed to be young staff who were unsure of the system - we had to ask for coffee or tea, whereas the staff during week days were very efficient. The breakfast buffet was lovely, and there was lots of it! There was fresh fruit, your choice of breads, a salad bar, selection of cold meats, a chef cooking your choice of omlette, american pancakes, waffles, a lovely range of asian food and lots more - you could definitely have a great breakfast and skip lunch. We did not eat any other meals in the Hotel so cannot comment.

The bathroom in our room was perhaps a little "tired" (the grouting looked a little old) but on the whole it was clean, comfortable and very relaxing. The aircon in the room was actually very quiet and did not disturb our sleep at all.

The Hotel were kind enough to extend our stay in the room past the normal check out time as we had an evening flight - this was very much appreciated as we spent the morning at the Botanical Gardens and needed to get ready for our flight.

I would highly recommend this Hotel, and I would definitely stay here again on any trip to Singapore. It is a short walk (5 mins) to the City Hall MRT, a short stroll (10 mins) to Clarke Quay and Boat Quay, a short stroll (5 mins) to Chijmes, and you can walk in the subterranean CityLink to Raffles and many other hotels, Marina Square Mall etc.

This Hotel did not disappoint in any way during our special birthday stay.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor is a good idea. We had room 730 which was a corner room. There was very l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BessT641
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Grand Park City Hall as your preferred choice of stay during your recent visit to Singapore.

Please accept my apology for the inconsistent service rendered during breakfast. I have since addressed this issue to my food & beverage manager to take immediate remedial action and ensure that quality service is rendered consistently to guests at all times. I have also addressed with my Chief Engineer to immediately rectify the grouting.

Nevertheless, I am glad that you had enjoyed the services provided by our other staff members as well as the wonderful breakfast spread. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you again at the next Singapore Grand Prix and anytime when you are in Singapore.

Adrian Chung

Write a ReviewReviews (2,572)

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Having stayed in many hotels in Singapore previously, my favourite being out of action, I was concerned that this hotel would feel more down market and tired. I'm pleased to say it was very good and surpassed my expectations. The rooms were of a very good size and altough not oppulent, they were more than adequate and in keeping with the hotels 4star rating. Beds were comfortable, bathroom was clean and had plenty of room, and the front office/reception area felt good and worked very well. Food in the restaurant was of a very good standard, not only for breakfast but at the seafood buffet we had there also. The concierge and porters were very helpful, obliging with information and care of our luggage left under their watchful eye. The location makes it a very attractive propostion for travellers, close to many fine shopping opportunities and with the Hop on Hop off bus just a short stroll away, for those not wishing to or able to explore on foot. If you're looking for a good value 4 star hotel, well located and with all the services and facilities you'd expect of this standard in Singapore, the Grand Park City Hall won't disappoint.

Room Tip: The hotel layout tends to become a bit like a rabbits warren through no fault of the hotel, other th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank drDro
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It is very pleasing to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that my staff members had rendered their best service in making your stay comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again whenever you are in Singapore.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Had a two night stay in September 2012 after flying in from Frankfurt. This was the first time we had been to Singapore since 2005. Checked in at the Club Lounge. Service was very personalised. After going to our room, Tiffany, the lady who did our check-in rang our room to ensure that we were very happy with it. The concierge could not have been more helpful with directions to both the MRT stations. We were due to check out at 3pm, but the car was not picking us up until 5pm, so they extended our check out time by 1 hour. What other hotel would do that? I would certainly recommend this Hotel and the Club Lounge check in to family and friends.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms in the Club area are what you need for extra service.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy M

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and had enjoyed the club floor facilities, especially the services rendered by our Club Manager and Concierge.

I thank you for your kind words of our hotel and I look forward to welcome you back when you visit Singapore again.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is my first time of staying in GPCH, and it was really nice. I checked in at 7.00 pm and greeted friendly with the reception officer. She offered me a room with double bed, because that is the only room left for superior non smoking room. I asked for another room option, which only have single bed, since I will stay there alone. Then the reception said there was a room available as I requested, but she wants to show me first. Turned out that she has a room with a single bed, but it meant for handicap person. I dont really mind, in fact the room was great, pretty much spacious! :) plus side from the service, I love the politeness of your reception officer by showing me the room first. Things Will be so much different if she checked me in on that room without showing me first, I will be very up set. The concierge in the lobby was really helpfull, she told me everything about the tours and tixs prices, which road i should take since i travel myself. The location of GPCH, this one i really really love, it is very close to the City Hall MRT Station. But I am a bit dissapointed with the officer in front of the entrace, the officer who supposed to greet the guests, they always give me a flat and unfriendly face. I felt the unfriendliness there. You really need to work on that. They was just like staring at me without saying anything, oh god, it was just very ackward. Also about the internet, i got connection timed out very often when i use it on daylight, but very smooth and fast after midnight, any explanation? :I Overall it was really good stay, i would love to stay there again someday in the future when i visiting singapore. Thanks! #room 440 Sept 15th-17th

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am very pleased that the services rendered by our reception and concierge staff have made your stay a great and memorable one.

I have addressed your comments with my department head concern regarding your experience with the entrance staff member who should have been more friendlier. Your comment regarding the the slow wifi connection has been noted and I have also addressed this to our IT Manager who will be taking immediate remedial action to improve it.

We certainly look forward to having you back with us whenever you are in Singapore.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

My parents has just returned home and told us all about their wonderful trip around the globe. They had a wonderful time travelling to various beautiful cities and one of their stops in Singapore; they stayed with Grand Park City Hall.

They mentioned the Guest Service manager; Leonard requested to indicate his name here for his good service rendered. They were very fortunate to have their room upgraded at check in and a late checkout to late evening for a late flight.

They also mentioned that all the hotel employees were very friendly, always smiling and nothing too much of a trouble for them. They were full of praises for two sweet ladies whom offered them a couple of advices and suggestions during their stay. Those two ladies names were worth mentioning yet they have never requested for it. All they asked for was to rate the hotel services and areas for improvement. They are truly professional in their roles and enjoy serving their customers without anything in return.
One of them truly stands out, as they meet her almost everywhere in the hotel, and she remembers their names; greets them whenever she sees them and offers them her ever-ready assistance. What stands out genuinely was that she did not take their token of appreciation in monetary form and said, “It’s her service from her heart”. You truly have a great gem that serves with her heart and a sweet smile on her face! "Genie” in the bottle!

A short list of areas for improvement:
1 - carpet along the corridor was a little rundown and smells weird.
2 - Their room were dark when night falls (Genie, offered them an extra lighting to be place into their room).
3 - Housekeeping staff were too quick to enter their room after one ring on the doorbell, not complaining but would be great with an extra ring before entering.

I hope I got her name spells right. My parents remember her as “Genie” in the bottle.
Congratulations for having such a rare gem at your hotel. I will certainly recommend your hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KateRoby
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It is delightful to learn that your parents have shared their experience with you of their enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. Incidentally “Genie in the bottle” is Jeannie Lau and her partner in service is Karan Liow. We are very proud to have staff members like Leonard, Jeannie and Karan, who deliver service from the heart. It is always our intention to ensure that all our guests bring back wonderful memories of Grand Park City Hall and we are glad your parents did.

Please convey my appreciation to your parents for sharing the list of improvements; and I have addressed this with my department heads concerned for immediate improvement.

We hope to welcome your parents back again on their next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We recently had a 3 night stay at this hotel and have nothing but praise for the staff and accommodation. Situated 5 minutes from the MRT and buses (including the hop-on-off tourist bus) and in a good central location, you are never far from any of the key areas to visit.

Our room was spacious and clean with great air conditioning (v. important if you want to cool down after walk around the city). We didn't breakfast in the main dining room ($27++ per person if not included in your room booking), but instead opted for continental breakfast in the adjoining coffee shop which was $12.50++ per person and you received a discount if you were a resident at the hotel. The bar area is spacious with entertainment most nights.

The staff are so polite and helpful - nothing was too much trouble for them. Spend some time speaking to conceirge and they are sure to advise you of some amazing places to visit and the best ways to get around - not all of them are things you find in your guide books.

Should we find ourselves in Singapore again we wouldn't hesitate to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chillout62
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

It is certainly delightful to learn that you were happy with the room, food and services during your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words. Your encouragement will certainly spur us towards achieving excellence!

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Park City Hall for another fantastic stay soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This hotel is located a few mins walk from the City Hall MRT, which makes getting around quite easy. The immediate area is a little quiet at night time, but it's not too far in a cab to get to surrounding Clarke Quay or Marina Bay.
The hotel itself is nice, breakfast was good and the rooms were fine. Stayed for seven nights and didn't seem to have too many issues.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased that you had enjoyed the room and breakfast during your seven nights’ stay with us. We look forward to having you back with us again on your next trip.