“Great Hotel next to Orchard Road, MRT and Indian Restaurents”

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Ranked #33 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The hotel is less than 5 minutes off Orchard Road which allows immediate access to the Malls and yet is away from the crowd/ noise.

The Somerset MRT is about 5 minutes from the Hotel, across Orchard Road accessible from the Orchard Central Mall.

Cuppage Terrace, located between the Hotel and Orchard Road is a must visit in the evening. The place has a good wine bar, variety of international food options and 4 Indian restaurents.

There was a minor service related incident at the Hotel however the staff managed it very well and our overall stay was very satisfactory.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Central Expressway have a brilliant view of the green cover across the road
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre

Reviewed 28 August 2012

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality standard of this hotel; especially the executive lounge which offered excellent service, making our stay very relaxing. We would recommend paying extra for the upgrade just to enjoy the complimentary drinks and hor d'oevres.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry F
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I was in tears within 1hr of arriving! 10pm . After travelling 10 hrs with hubby, 3 children(14,12,8) Brother, his partner and their baby (7 months) we all just wanted to go to bed, to be told they only had 2 rooms available, both with 1 double bed in them, between 8 of us. I said this was not good enough as we booked this hotel 8 months ago and the only reason we chose the Holiday Inn Orchard City was because they GUARANTEE 2 double beds per room. Reception promised to have extra beds & cot brought up for 1 night then move us the next day into appropriate room. The room had no room for extra beds but i left it and took kids to pool to cool down and give hotel staff time to set up beds. Got back after a swim to no extra beds. Brother had baby asleep in their bed so the 3 of them sleep all together, so I then had 5 of us in 1 room with 1 bed. I went back to reception who then told me they didn't have ANY spare beds in the hotel to bring up! I was VERY VERY upset and my kids were very tired. Then surprisingly they found a room with 2 double beds in it, so we moved BUT i still had to grab a POOLSIDE BED matress for my son to sleep on (on the floor) for 1 night as my parents were arriving the next day and the plan was to move him in with them as there should be 2 BEDS. I confirmed this with staff 1st thing in the morning who told me my parents were in a smoking room with 2 double beds. When they arrived reception were telling them they didn't have that room they requested, luckily i arrived as they were checking in and explained to reception that they had only told me this morning which room my parents were staying in....They soon found an apprpriate room, my brother had to wait a couple of days for a cot! I had read this was a problem in quite alot of reviews but thought with having booked so far in advance it wouldn't be a problem, but it was. For all 3 famalies. We all paid top dollar, paid for breakfast (7 days) had No deals what so ever and we were treated like idiots. Apart from the checking in problem. The room was comfortable & clean with daily servicing with fruit & chocolates which the kids thought was just grand. Staff were polite and concierge were happy to help. Pool was lovely as was buffett breakfast, fantastic location and quiet too! Would we stay here again? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Don't thinks so. Would rather get a deal and with the saving get extra/interconnecting room.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kristy S
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I generally do not often stay at Holiday Inn's probably because they are not in the places I go but when passing through or visiting Singapore over the past ten years I have never hesitated and just booked into the Holiday Inn Orchard without needing to consider.. This time was no different. It is a lot like going home now. I note that the two delightful songbirds are still in the Lobby bar where you can kick back after a hard day spending and eating around Singapore. They have a very wide selection of easy listening songs and the barman in the lobby bar has not changed and the quality of the cocktails remains as usual - great.
There are cheaper properties around but you get what you pay for. This time I paid a little extra and took the executive package on checking in which was so much worth it.
This time though I had time to make good use of the pool as well - a first for me and it is good and very private, of good length and depth

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We stayed 3 nights with a family of 4, with kids 5 and 7. We felt pampered from the moment we checked in! The room was very clean and the beds comfortable. Good water pressure for showers. Housekeeping is top notch. We saw 2 or 3 housekeepers at the corridors almost every time we walked pass. Everyone of them politely greeting and offering a bottle of water. Breakfast is extensive, with a nice area for the kids. Fresh juices are made to order. The waffles are great!

While the pool is small it did not feel so. The kids could spend their time at the children's pool while I did some laps. Snacks could be ordered from the pool area as room service.

Check out was a breeze. Our luggage carried from our room, straight to the taxi while checking out. The waiving of the room service during checkout (apparently a priority club perk) was a pleasant surprise. I'm definite staying here again!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank yeemeng
Reviewed 25 August 2012

After reading the review, We decided to stay at Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard this summer. Our experienced was beyond expectation and we definitely will come back and recommend. This is why: After a long flight from San Francisco, we decided to check in the hotel at 7.30 am with less expectation since the check in time is 3 pm. However, one of the man, named Christopher, let us used the swimming pool and gave us a room at 9am. We were very grateful. They service is excellent. The room is spacious, clean, comfy 2 queen beds accommodate 4 people comfortably with all amenities provided from shaving cream, shaver, toothpaste, toothbrush and other essentials. They provide the charger for different volts. Both kids and adult pool are great size. They also provide the kick board and life jacket (wheel shape). Fitness center is facing the view of pool. Just walk out from back door, you find the location is one block from Orchard Shopping DIsctrict, close to Somerset MRT and 2 minutes walk to Starbucks and shops ( 7 eleven and food ). A must try hotel with Great price, quality, location and service.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Fionna A
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stopped in Singapore on way home from Vietnam and had chosen the Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre we were checked in by Michelle who offered us an upgrade as I am a Priority Rewards Member, our upgrade gave us a late check out ( 8 PM ) which was was fantastic as we were being picked up at 8PM for 10:30PM flight home we also were allowed 2 items for laundry each day and full breakfast, high tea daily in Exec Lounge and happy hour in same venue each night, the hotel staff were very good and helpful and Mia in the Exec Lounge ran the lounge very well indeed, overall our experience in this Hotel was very enjoyable and the hotels close proximity to Shopping malls, Somerset station buses ETC couldn't be better, overall most enjoyable stay and while it was our first stay in Singapore it wont be our last. Thank You HI Singapore Orchard City Centre

Room Tip: Our room looked out over a freeway but we never had any issues with noise from the 6th floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business