My friends and I were holding a celebration and hen's party at the hotel. We were given a check-in at 12pm, 2 hours earlier than the standard time since the rooms were available. I signed up as the Priority club member without any fees when I booked online, so we got a late check-out at 2 pm. On top of that, we were entitled to a free drink at the lounge. I asked the guests services if they could prepare somthing for our birthday girl, so that told me that they would send a cake and asked me what time I'd like it to be delivered. I told them 7pm. However, due to some miscommunications, they did not send the cake till 820pm. We received a lot of apologies, from the reception to the kitchen staff, who came to deliver our cake. We received a call later to ask us if we would like to check out at 6pm instead. We were happy. At night, we went to claim our free beverages which we can actually choose either a cocktail, mocktail or beer. The drinks came with some chips as well. We were also impressed with the fact that there is a pillow menu for our selection. Even the 5-star hotels may not have a pillow menu.
Holiday inn is also an environmental friendly hotel as they use biodrgradable plastics for the shower amenities and on those little containers, there are braille letters that allow the blind to differentiate them!
The next morning, we received a call from the F&B assistant manager who asked us how we were going to settle our lunch. We told him that we would go out for lunch soon and he offered us complimentary buffet lunch at the hotel and he said he would receive us at the restaurant. We were very impressed. And, I must say, the buffet/hi-tea was full of durian dessert (a local fruit delicacy). The desserts were not too sweet and the durian flavour was rich and pure.
Holiday Inn may be a "4-star" hotel, but their service was 5-stars!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn