We spent 5 nights here with two kids 5.5 and 18 months. We were in a club room and would highly recommend it. The room had two double beds and also a cot (the only negative of the stay was the cot wasn't ready at 2am when we arrived even though I emailed them 2 days before but it was brought up within 20 minutes). The bathroom was nice with a wonderful shower.
In my opinion, it is worth paying extra for a club room for the following reasons. Free Breakfast in the club lounge is much more relaxed than in the main restaurant especially with kids and the wait for pancakes, eggs etc shorter (we made the mistake of using the main restaurant on our first morning). You can get a light lunch of sandwiches and fruit for free in the afternoon. You get free alcoholic drinks and food between 6 and 8 downstairs, although you can't use the club lounge at this time... Understandably. Also you get late checkout and two items of free laundry a day.
The pool on the roof is nice and there is a shallow pool suitable for toddlers. It is a bit slippery around the shallow pool though even if the kids are walking. We had a couple tumbles.
Finally, the staff were lovely.
It is of course close to orchard road. From a kid perspective, paragon which is a short walk has a toys r us and a decent playground at the top of it.
313 Somerset which is an even closer walk has a great food hall at the top also with a playground (but outdoors). It also has a Din Tai Fund downstairs which is yum and a bread shop on the ground.
Finally the MRT which is so easy to use is just downstairs. It's quick and easy to get to china town (tip don't go with a toddler on a Sunday just before Chinese New Year) and to the gardens by the bay.
By taxi it's 30 minutes or so to the zoo (take bathers as the water park is awesome), quick and cheap to sentosa island etc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn