Picking a hotel in a city is always a bit of a gamble as regards location, cleanliness, rooms, service etc., but this hotel came up trumps in every area.
Its not a big swanky hotel, but has all you would need. It has a marble foyer with crystal chandeliers if that impresses, a concierge, and a nice restaurant. The rooftop pool, which we did not use but checked out, is so pretty, and had only one person using it when we were there, its like a lgarden patio rather than a rooftop in Singapore.
The room was clean, the staff friendly and attentative.
We paid for an upgrade to Executive level and are so glad we did. Included is a wonderful breakfast in their restaurant, with virtually anything you could want for a breakfast including an omelette station and delicious coffee. We chose the Windows restaurant over the Club room, and it was fine.
They had afternoon tea in the afternoon with ham and cheese sandwiches and lovely cups of tea (we are British) plus small cakes, etc. and as this was the time we arrived back at the hotel after sightseeing all day, without the need to stop for lunch after our huge breakfastfast, we were usually in time to grab a snack and a nice cup of tea or two.
We then had a rest and a shower and emerged in time to be in the private bar for happy hour, which was free drinks, and at least one hot meal, the two nights we were there it was chicken noodles one night, and chicken pasta the next, plus a cheeseboard, and an assortment of savoury snacks and some small desserts. We chilled out here over a drink or three, and never felt the need to go out and find anywhere else to eat. If adventurous eating is part of your holiday then this would probably not suffice for you, but you could still have a drink or two and then wander out for dinner.
The hotel is a few minutes from Orchard Road and a shopping centre is opposite, plus some restaurants etc. You need never walk more than 15 mins if you so wanted. If we ever go back to Singapore we would go back to this hotel without any question. We can't recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn