Hubby & I stayed here for 4 nights during our very short visit to Singapore for a friends wedding.
At first I had my reservations but booked this hotel based on the great reviews & the fact that hubby has visited before.
While making the reservation, I mentioned that it was my husband's birthday and to my surprise they actually gave him a nice card, cake & fruit platter to celebrate. I thought it was a pretty nice touch.
The room is very spacious with a large flat screen tv, and all the comforts you'd need. They also have free wifi and believe it or not but it is quite fast!
3 downsides to the room are:
- the toilet is squashed in between the hand basin & shower tub. So if you are brushing your teeth or using hand basin, then a second person cannot be in the bathroom or toilet at the same time.
- The shower is a shower tub with a glass covering only less than half the length of the tub. Which means that water does seep out if you are not careful
- The shower tub got blocked everytime we showered and we would have to leave it to empty out. By the time we came back the tub water had gone but there were a lot of debris and dirt in the tub which was not from us. So I am assuming the dirt came from the pipes when they got blocked. It was a little disgusting.
We didn't do the buffet breakfast so can't comment, the best bit was we could control our own rooms air con - most hotels we've been to have a central air con unit and you cannot adjust the temp.
It's centrally located, less than a minutes walk to orchard road. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Every time we saw the clean staff we asked for new bottles of water and without hesitation they gave us some, and sometimes they gave us more than just 2 bottles.
The pool is on the 8th floor and is actually a lap pool, so if you are trying to just muck around and have fun you may disturb others who are more serious and doing laps. Do try the hot tub/spa tho. Most people thought it was broken because it is in a dark corner, but it is fully functional and quite soothing late at night.
Would definitely return if I visit Singapore again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn