I was very impressed with the hotel, particularly some of the small details which just make life easy. The location is very convenient, 2 minutes from Orchard Road and about 5-6 minutes from Somerset MRT Station. I had a standard room which I found to be a reasonable size (see photos). For a large hotel I was impressed with the short waiting time for the elevators. There is a pleasant rooftop pool area and a reasonable fitness area - my only gripe would be that there are not enough sun beds on the sunny side of the pool.
I didn't eat breakfast but ordered room service a few times and was pretty impressed, service was quick and portions were usually quite generous. You can also order room service to the pool area. The menu includes dishes from the hotel's Tandoor restaurant so there are some great Indian dishes available. My favorite, however, was the Singapore Laksa! It was amazing! And huge! (Rice noodles with fish cake, prawns, bean curd, egg and bean sprouts in a spicy coconut sauce - see photo)
However, it was the small touches which made it for me e.g.
- a small sign telling you where to find the hairdryer (every hotel should have one!),
- a universal plug unit where you can plug in a plug from any where in the world and it will work (very handy if you forget your adaptors),
-a retractable washing line in the bathroom to hang up swimwear,
- two of every complimentary toiletry so you never run out of something,
- two free bottles of water everyday, and enough space in the mini bar fridge to squeeze in a few extra bottles of water of your own.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I were back in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn