“Great new renovated rooms”

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Ranked #29 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Great new renovated rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2009

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn Park View in Singapore for 2nights and I really enjoyed the new renovated rooms. I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a club room. After reading the reviews I knew to ask to a room away from the renovations and the staff were very accommodating, The room was very modern with flat screen TV, desk area, big window overlooking a park and the service was excellent, very friendly and efficient. They couldn't do any more to help.
The hotel is still under renovation and you need to be prepared for the lobby area as it's quite small as most of it is still hidden. The breakfast restaurant is a big gloomy downstairs with no windows and the food is ok similar to other 4 stars hotels.
The location is very good, 5mn from busy Orchard road. The pool area is really nice. Overall a very pleasant stay,

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank ridgePerth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (608)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Rosyth,Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times on business and had absolutely no complaints.
This time I took my wife on vacation - again the hotel surpassed it's self in service.
A lovely clean room (recently refurbished) and very comnfortable beds.
Daily room service was very thorough, always asking if there was anything else they could do.
My wife and I were very impressed when they sent a card, bottle of wine and a souvenir gift on my birthday - which occured during our stay.
A very well located hotel and we do reccomend the in house Tandoor restaurant - excellent!
The ongoing renovations are nearly complete and will make this an excelllent hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GeorgeExRN
melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2009

Hotel location is pretty good, short walking distance to major shopping, Orchard Road.
Hotel staff is incredible, we arrived early in the morning, our room was not ready yet, but the receptionist lady gave us complimentary buffet breakfast. We were told the hotel is under some renovating job, so we will be expecting some noise during the day. After had our breakfast, still our room not ready yet, so we decide to stroll around Orchard Road, back to the hotel in the afternoon, the lady informed us that the hotel manager offer us free upgrade to executive room because they can't find room with 2 DBs as our request. :) seems like our lucky day !!
Our stayed was fantastic, this hotel is still value for money especially if you travel with kids, finding hotel that allowed 2 Children in one room, is quite hard in S'pore if you are budget wise like me. For sure, i will stay at this hotel again for my trip to Singapore.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank reclat
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

My husband had to travel to Singapore for a medical procedure (we live in Jakarta) and I was extremely anxious about where he spent his recovery time before he had to travel home as I was unable to spend the entire stay with him. After careful online research, I selected the Holiday Inn Parkview based on the Club Room services and access to StarCricket (my husband HAD to watch the Ashes while bed-ridden ;-) ). After experiencing the level of service and facilities, I am confident that I simply could not have made a better choice.
From the moment the front door staff ever-so carefully assisted him out of the taxi (and into a wheelchair they provided), I knew he was in good hands! The front desk team was genuinely friendly, fast, organized and very proactive- and they checked in on him regularly after I left out of their own concern. The spacious rooms were perfectly equipped for a room-bound guest: the TV, DVD player and Internet access kept him entertained and occupied, and the dreamy bed and accessible bathroom made sure he was kept comfortable and safe. The room staff kept the room spotless, and the clean shirts and extra pillows were very appreciated. His mobility was limited, but he still needed to take a break from being in the room, so having the Club lounge close-by was the biggest bonus. ...again- pls let me go on about the staff! I am so personally grateful for the care they took to assist him with the breakfast buffet and the evening cocktails. Top notch!
While I cannot comment on the other facilities, I am sure they are up to scrutiny, and the reported construction was of absolutely no disturbance to us.
The location, just off Orchard, is perfect . A <5min walk yielded all I could need to load him up with extras before I left- and do a bit of personal shopping.
I realize that our category of tourism is rather niche, but I would not hesitate to recommend the Holiday Inn Parkview for any type of travel. We will certainly be back! (better circumstances next time)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cdnkittykat
leicester UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

My husband, myself and our 2 young children stayed here en-route to Australia earlier this year. The day after our arrival, our youngest daughter (8 months) took ill which we put down to the heat and humidity. The night before we were flying out to Australia she took a turn for the worse, the doctor was called (they arrived within 10 mins) she was taken into hospital with Gastroentoritis. (she was admitted and in her room and on a drip within the hour). I called the hotel to explain we would need to extend our stay for another 2 nights at least. It was no problem at all, the staff bought us a card and pesents for the baby and never charged us for the extra 2 nightsor the late check out on our departure day. I hasten to add that my daughters illness was nothing to do with the hotel or the country! Absolutely fabulous, and the manageress came to our room prior to our departure to present us with a framed photograph that had been taken of our daughters (with our consent). Both myself and my husband felt completely humbled by the staff and their generosity and would whole heartedly recommend this hotel to everyone. In fact we are staying there again in December when we emigrate to Australia.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank tdc229
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2009

We spent there 6 nights during our business trip to Singapore. The hotel itself has a great location, 5 minutes walk from Orchard road. And backside of the hotel there are many good restaurants: Italian res, Japanese res in Cuppage area. There is also a convenient shop nearby: 7eleven & coldstorage (in Centrepoint).

The hotel is upgrading the restaurant in the lobby area therefore the lobby looks ugly and small at this moment. But I believe when the restaurant finish the lobby will be much nicer.

We understand that Holiday Inn is a moderate brand of IHG but the service is excelent.
Some floors are now upgrading and causing some noises during day time but it makes no sense to us. We were out all days and busy with shopping :-).

The new upgraded room looks great, comtemporary design with Ipod sound blaster, LCD TV.

We managed to have a nice view from our room, park view (although i am not sure there is park out there or not - minisized park). But the vehicle's sound is quite tough. If you wanna nice view then the disadvantage is the noisy sound. But in the morning the room is awesome with sunshinning thru' room's window.

There is one thing we also love this place is the swimming pool on 8th floor: the pool's depth is around 2m50. The pool is big and peaceful. There is a big zacuri with warm water.

Must try: Buffet dinner in Swissotel Merchant Court, only around SGD 46++ with seafood, fresh durian... I think that is best in town with that rates.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank AthenaTravelManiac
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

Near Orchad Road giving to the pleasure to visit all shopping malls and come back for relaxing before another attractions of the city. Well located. NO SWIMMING POOL.
A lot of small local restaurants which give you a tremendous opportunity to taste local chinese food with no danger for your health. (I survived.....)
Rooms could be better cleaned.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family