“Has it all”

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Ranked #32 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 6 June 2010

This hotel is probably not the fanciest around town, but it has all features to have a great Singapore holiday/business stay. 20min from the airport, 5 min by foot from Orchard roads and close to 2 of the newest shopping centre there. Walking distance to many good restaurants. Also the staff is very attentive.

The food in the hotel restaurant is OK but nothing special. Rather cross the street for a meal.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

I stayed at Holiday Inn, Orchard Road with my mother in July 2009. The hotel was extremely comfortable. The staff is very helpful and pleasant. We were given a room several hours before the check-in time, at no extra cost. They did not have non-smoking room available in the category that I had booked, so they upgraded my room, again without any extra charges. The staff was helpful in guiding us about the local attaractions, the way to the malls and the nearest MRT. The hotel stay was also extremely comfortable and room service and house keeping was very efficient. We used to feel totally relaxed when we returned to our room in the evening after sight-seeing around Singapore all day. Holiday Inn made our Singapore holiday really memorable. I'll definitely stay at Holiday Inn when I visit Singapore again.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank kguneet
Reviewed 26 May 2010

We stayed in this hotel because it offered a family room (2 double beds). We stayed on a smoking floor because it would have cost more to have a non-smoking room (can't work out why it would be more expensive). There was a smell of stale smoke but we did get used to the smell. The room was a typical hotel room - nothing special and nothing terrible. I loved the shower and bath but it was difficult to get into due to the high and wide barrier. The shower head was great - strong spray that you could adjust as required. The staff were friendly. The pool was medium sized and set up nicely with shaded seats and sunlounges. The spa pool was out of order when we were there. I had to use the Business Centre internet twice. It was explained to me that the costs were 50 cents per minute so I tried to keep my use right down. It was not explained to me how to actually 'stop the clock' (end the session) - so both times I was caught out paying extra. They charge for part minutes as well - so I paid for a full minute while trying to work out how to stop the clock - I had gone 7 seconds over (the first time the staff member stopped the clock when I went looking for them). Anyway my recommendation is to go out and find an internet cafe - don't bother with the Business Lounge at all. The location for shopping and food on Orchard Road is excellent .... the only problem is we were kept awake at night by the nightclubs at the back of the hotel. Also, there are a few sex shops in the vicinity - not so great for families. However, these can be avoided by going through the plaza at the back of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank sandrajc
Reviewed 26 May 2010

My colleagues and I stayed at the Parkview for two nights in late May; well actually I'm sitting in the room now typing ;).

The hotel is conveniently located across the street from our local offices so it is very convenient. The hotel is also 1 KM away from Orchard Road shopping--although I haven't had a chance to walk over that way.

The lobby is spacious and pleasant with a bar area across one side facing Cuppage Road. The front desk staff is helpful, welcoming and pleasant. In fact every staff person I've come across has been friendly and eager to help with anything.

THe Rooms are nicely appointed--somewhat in a 2004 Chocolate/blue color scheme. The furniture is comfortable yet somewhat typical of a business hotel. There is a desk, the requisite flat screen television, marble bathroom and various accoutrements (dryer, coffee maker etc.).

Love the shower!

Hate the bed--what is it a slab of rock with a pad over it? ugh. I have asked housekeeping and received 6 additional pillows to create my own mattress pad. Well it works!

All in all a relaxing place to stay however.

Reviewed 25 May 2010

Great location just off Orchard Road.
Staff in the Club Lounge checked us in very promptly and offered a 4pm checkout without us even asking.
Breakfast can be taken in main restaurant or club lounge. Kids loved the main restaurant breakfast plenty of choice in slightly cramped restaurant. Club lounge would have been a quieter choice.
Drinks and canapes in the evening left no room for dinner.
Club loung was great to have a quiet spot to retreat to during the day for a complementary coffee, tea or soft drink.
Rooms newly renovated, everything needed for a comfortable stay.
Rooftop pool and spa are gorgeous, a really haven from the busy city.
All in all highly recommended good quality 4 star hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank 3littlepigsgotroppo
Reviewed 24 May 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel as we have done many times before, but this time we were charged and extra $30.00 a night for the second person. I have never heard of this before. Apparently this is now the common practice in Asia and internationally, that this hotel chain will charge the extra $30.00. I cannot understand why, we booked a room for 2 people which included breakfast for 2 people. I have the confirmation saying that it is for 2 people, yet they are now saying that more than one person in a room is an extra charge. When you have 2 people in a room you pay an extra $30.00. I am really confused that they can advertise a price for 2 people and then slug you another $30.00 a night. I am not sure if I will re book this hotel again. We all should write to these hotels and complain, as I cannot understand how they can justify this charge. Please everyone we need to complain and be heard. Now that this hotel chain has started this charge all the others will follow. Our holidays will end up costing more and it is hard enough now to try and have a holiday without the hotels adding extra charges to our bill.

3  Thank cyrus22
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during our business trip to Singapore. Our room rate included a breakfast buffet, which was a combination of Asian and Western food. We especially liked the fresh fruit juices pressed just for you every morning. Location is very convinient, close to Orchard Road with all the shopping/dining facilities (we reccomend a sushi restaurant in Orchard Central in 6th floor called Sakae Sushi). We also tried some drinks in the lobby bar of the hotel (BTW, very expensive) and in room dining, was a mixture of North Indian and Malaysian kitchen. In our opinion the food tasted very good and was not too expensive either.
The pool on the top floor was a great refreshness in the heat and of a good size for those who like to have some space for swimming. We didn't use the fitness center facilities, though it seemed to have a various choices of work out equiptment.
Almost forgot to mansion the very helpful and proffesional staff.All in all, we recommend this hotel and would definitly come back again!