“A Singapore jewel”
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #18 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 16 November 2013

A lovely, friendly hotel, with service that couldn't be faulted. As it is only a small hotel, all the staff knew you by name and the service felt very personal. After the recent renovation we found that everything was of a high quality. The location is perfect, in the city centre, overlooking Raffles Hotel. We loved the infinity pool on the rooftop, especially in the evening. We would recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Jenspen59,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and having experienced the friendly and personalised Naumicentric service that we are well known for. I am also equally glad to know that your comments have reaffirmed that our renovation was in the right direction and our pool view is definitely one of the best that you could get. Naumi Hotel was recently listed by Singapore Business Review as Singapore's 10 most impressive hotel swimming pools. Hope it won’t be long to see you back here and thank you for recommending Naumi Hotel!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I come frequently to Singapore and normally stay at the Mandarin Oriental which was full this time, so tried Naumi as something a bit different. Well it is different, but not in the way I hoped! I booked an Oasis room which was comfortable and the Apple TV in the room and free internet are nice touches. But the overall impression is that all the focus has gone on 'design' and appearances, but scratch below the surface and there is much to be desired. The service is friendly (on the surface) but the actual service is not as good as it should be in a hotel of this standard. I think that frankly the level of English of many of the staff is poor, and this - and sloppiness - has a negative effect on the service. Eg on both mornings the breakfast I ordered through room service was incomplete, with various items missing, and the breakfast itself was pretty poor. The menu in the restaurant is also very limited. There are many better hotels in Singapore and this one also falls far short of the many other small luxury hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank sunderland57

Dear Sunderland57,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations in some areas and your feedback will definitely help us to improve. At Naumi, we take all feedback seriously and we will review/make changes where necessary in all areas that you have given your comments to ensure that all our guest would enjoy a best possible stay with us. On a lighter note, I am glad that you are happy with the nice touches we have added & decor of the hotel. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the areas that we have not met up to your expectations.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

i've read reviews from other contributors on Naumi Singapore – they were mostly great... perhaps for staycation there aren't much expectations? Given that it's under SLH, and staying in many hotels under SLH, i've expected better. Arrived in Singapore late and checked-in past midnight, one night's stay was already charged which is fine. Checked in, unpack and wanted to wash my hands. Sink was dirty, turned on the tap, water was RUSTY. Water was going down really slowly and guess that's how the previous guest's debris was stuck on the sink. Decided to take a hot bath in the tub and... found bathtub dirty. Called the front desk, they said they will ask housekeeping to clean it IN THE MORNING. . . said will get me a new room if there was any available. Not even apologetic at all.

Next morning, i went to front desk AGAIN to remind them about the dirty bath tub. Next morning – Breakfast was mediocre, the nuts weren't fresh. Although the staff were all very friendly, it didn't feel genuine. Tub was clean in the afternoon, but sink was still dirty. Came back at night and decided to use the tub AND THERE WAS NO HOT WATER for the tub. Hot water was running only for the first few minutes and it went cold. Called front desk, they said will get engineer to check in the morning. Offered a room for us JUST TO SHOWER. Seriously? I took the room with a tub so that i could have a bath, why would I want to shower in another room? After removing my laptop and gadgets from the study desk, there were dust underneath ALL OF THEM. The surface and corners of the shelves were all dusty and it looked like renovation dust that was never cleaned up. Also realised the housekeeping staff were young boys. But is it really an excuse? There are many staff greeting guests in the lobby but I really think they could've done much better with that number of staff.

Checked out after 4 days of unhappiness, had a much better stay elsewhere. Was around the neighbourhood and couldn't get a taxi, decided to go to Naumi for help, if they could help call a taxi since we were guests there just 2 days ago (in Singapore you can't call for a cab without a local number) There was a female staff standing outside trying to hail a cab so i went up to her. She GAVE ME THE HAND and said impatiently: "WAIT, i need to help MY GUESTS get a taxi first." She didn't bother going in to inform her colleagues to help us, and was looking frantically left and right for taxis and completely ignored our existence. We walked away after 5 minutes and she didn't even say anything at all. To think that the day we checked out, they said they look forward to us coming back again when sending us off in a taxi.

I will never come back to stay in Naumi Singapore again, nor recommend anyone to stay here despite the convenience of the location. To pay that amount of money, i think there are better choices around.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank spotuv
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Spotuv,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies on your recent disappointing stay with us. I am concerned to read about your experience with us and have addressed your feedback with the respective departments.

I have also done my own internal investigations on your feedback and noted offer was made to clean up the room upon receiving the feedback but was declined and staff was informed to return the next morning.

It is not a Naumi standard not to assist anyone that requests for any assistance even if the request is from a non-hotel guest and I have reiterated on this with our staff during our regular training sessions. At Naumi, these are not the usual standards that we are known for. I wish to assure you that contrary to what you experienced, we at Naumi are committed to delivering the best hospitality and service to our guests, as expected of our hotel. Once again, my sincere apologies and your feedback will definitely help us to improve.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I visited this hotel last year in April for an anniversary I had with my partnerafter hearing great reviews from my friends and I must say I wasnt disappointed. The location was a little hard to spot because of the exterior of the hotel as it was covered in vines. Soon as you get in,the lobby isnt exactly grand with a bar and a cosy dining area at the corner.Do not be fooled by this because once you get in the room, there is a grand king size bed and a cosy living/working area. The rooftop pool which overlooked the city was breathtaking. You do not need the fancy overhyped Marina Bay Sands hotel because if you want to enjoy peace and luxury,you can do so here. The service was fantastic and the concierge guy was attentive to your needs.We had the breakfast buffet which was splendid with many choices and comfy seatings. Few blocks down, you can enjoy the Toy Museum which has many fascinating vintage toys collected from all over the world. What more can you ask for?

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I was greeted by friendly staff when i came to check-in. They are always smiling which is good. The rooms are newly renovated. Feels homely and the bed was very comfy. Design wise it looks great. Love it. Everything was great. A very nice hotel. Clean, fresh and very modern. Situated in a good location. Pool overlooking the nice skyline which is something different. Love it. Worth the stay although it is a short one. Will stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My recent stay at this hotel really wowed me! Not only was the location of the hotel very central and near to many shopping, food and amenities, the hotel had also gone through a thorough renovation, becoming even more then a gem it already was. The new room feels so comfortable and modern, tastefully decorated too. An Apple TV in room and also a view to die for at the poolside! A highly recommended cosy hotel for my next stay indeed!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2013

It really feels like home here as compared to the big city hotels. The hotel smacks off luxury everywhere. Rooms were well designed and cosy. Love the vanity counter and rain shower. Beyond these, the staff made the difference making the experience unique. Excellent and attentive yet does not make me feel they were being intrusive.

Location is great being at the city centre, just a few minutes walk from Cityhall mrt and near shopping belt and historical areas. The infinity pool at the rooftop offers such lovely view of the area that I could laze here all day.

Value for money with free minibar, wifi and breakfast. Besides what you would normally find at a breakfast line, they even have stuffs such collagen shots to mix with their freshly blended mixed fruit juices.

Gyms are small though but it has all you need.

Highly recommended if you are looking for something different from the usual chain hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family