“Luxe and trendy!”

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #18 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
“Luxe and trendy!”
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying in Naumi; the first stay, 2 years back and before the refurbishments, was impeccable!

I was looking forward to the friendly great service but during check-in, I felt unwelcome. Staff was unfriendly, swanky and there were awkward silences. He appeared almost robotic doing the routine checking in procedure. However, he promptly attended to my request of a complimentary birthday cake for my partner after checked in.

The room is half the size it used to be. However, it felt luxurious and trendy. They have clever use of space. Ironing board, yoga mat, umbrella hidden under the bed. Nepresso machine, coffee, TWG tea, kettle, glasses hidden onto the pull out wall next to the toilet. Amenities hidden in the small drawer below the vanity mirror. Lock safe hidden under the desk.
I wouldn't know all these till I called Naumi aide for a toothbrush cos I couldn't find it and she told me where to locate it then I started to pull out all possible drawers. Efficient use of space indeed!

I love the complimentary mini bar and toiletries from Malin+Goetz. Toilet facilities from Grohe includes a rain shower as well. The bed is comfortable and having a bolster pillow is always a bonus! The LCD TV is huge; has a DVD player and Apple TV too.

Hotel facilities include a 24 hrs gym and an infinity pool which opens from 7am-6pm. It's a shame the pool is not open at night as the view from there is amazing.
Location of hotel is excellent! Just next to Raffles hotel and close to city hall and bugis area.

Breakfast was a delight! Staffs were friendly, attentive and helpful. Not a wide spread of breakfast items but sufficient enough. Love the Bircher muesli and freshly squeezed juice!

Checking out was a breeze; the staff was amicable, pleasant and generous with her niceties!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krimie
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Krimie,

Thank you for taking your time to write us this review and also for choosing to stay at Naumi again. My sincere apologies that your check-in experience was not up to expectations and I shall review on this with the team to ensure that the continuous training which we have does upkeep our standards. On a positive note, I am glad to know that in other ways, your subsequent experience on our product and service have made up to you and you have enjoyed your stay with us. During our renovation, a lot of emphasis has been placed on how we could make Naumi different and keep ahead of trends through our careful selection of amenities and the design of the hotel. It is heartening to know that we have managed to charm you with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Like many others on Trip Advisor, I arrived at Naumi early in the morning on a red eye flight from Beijing. I was exhausted and had meetings earlier that day. From the moment I walked in the hotel, I felt like I was in an oasis and was made to feel incredibly welcome.

Once Nina at reception learned that I had arrived on an overnight flight and was headed out shortly, she unexpectedly offered for me to check in immediately (before 9 AM in the morning!) She showed me up to my room and revealed all the extraordinarily thought out features of my compact, yet imminently comfortable room.

The interior is modern, yet warm, with different textures. The roof top pool offered an extraordinary view of downtown Singapore and Sentosa Island; I recommend grabbing an evening drink there (although the menu was somewhat limited). The hotel's location directly across from the legendary Raffles Hotel is superb, and only an 8 minute walk from the subway.

Although my stay was brief, I was treated like a VIP guest the entire time. Staff rushed to help me, offer recommendations, and greet me by name.

I would characterize the entire atmosphere of Naumi as thoughtful, from the ingeniously designed rooms with tucked away amenities, the complimentary mini-bar and DVD lending library, and even the condiments available with breakfast, to the helpfulness of the staff.

Now I am trying to concoct a reason to return to Singapore to experience the Naumi Hotel again.

Room Tip: The Habitat rooms are appropriate for solo or couple travelers. Due to their intimate size and layou...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Newlandarcher
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Newlandarcher,

Thank you for taking your time to write us this long and wonderful review. It is heartening for Nina to know that she is specially mentioned by you and I am glad to know our staff have taken good care of you during your brief stay with us. Besides focusing on our Naumi-centric services, a lot of thoughts were put into the design and amenities of the hotel for the utmost comfort of our guests and I am delighted to know that you were appreciative of them as it means a lot to us to be endorsed by our guests. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, hopefully it will be for a longer stay this round.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoying my 1st stay at The Naumi Hotel. The vibe is like a small W-Hotel, very trendy, hip and upscale. The room I'm booked into looks exactly like the one pictured on their web page, and what you see is what you get (except the Nespresso machine, kettle, and coffee/tea products are nicely hidden in a roll out space next to the desk wall. The room is not big, but there is enough room for two people to be comfortable. There is a small desk in the room

My gripes are the lack of drawers to put away clothes as I was here for a week. They brought me extra hangers which helped, and one of the elevators was broken for a couple days. I will definitely keep this little gem on my list to stay at.

Also heard there is very good Chicken Rice spot on Purvis, a street away!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Gail L,

Thank you for taking your time in writing us a review. Please accept my sincere apologies in any inconvenience that you might have encountered during your stay when one of our elevators was undergoing maintenance work. I have also noted on your feedback on lack of drawers and shall review on how we could make our guest stays more comfortable. On a positive note, I am glad you had enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our product to your liking. Naumi is centrally located in the heart of town and within walking distance to lots of interesting places such as the Chicken Rice spot which you mentioned, shopping malls, Esplanade (Singapore's performing arts venue), Singapore Flyer and much more to explore...... Our Naumi Aides would be glad to highlight more areas to you on your next visit. Thank you once again for choosing Naumi and we look forward to having you back with us soon.

Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Stayed in Naumi for one night after checking out from M Hotel (very poor service from concierge team). I had arrived rather early, and the room i requested for was not ready then; Sean of front desk attempted to accommodate me right away by offering other room options which i gladly accepted. Having stayed in Naumi several times before its refurbishment, I could see how different the 'look and feel' had become but the contemporary decor, amenities and room configuration were as good and to me, acceptable. The bed and its linen were very comfortable.

Their Executive Lunch was served in bento-style - it was a light meal well done. Wi-fi was consistent and of good speed. Good downtempo and house music being played throughout the hotel. I invited friends over for sunset drinks at the lobby lounge; menu items were reasonably priced. F&B staff were prompt, helpful and very polite. Breakfast was good too (there was vitamin supplements and berrocca too, interesting) Rooftop bar with a pool had an AMAZING city skyline view.

I had a great stay because the staff made a difference. A very dynamic team with great attitude and energy.They were genuinely attentive, helpful and friendly; from front desk (Ms Wan Xin, Zaki & Sean), F&B to the Housekeeping staff I had met.

Perhaps the hotel can consider placing an iPod docking station in the room. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Mazzy79,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this fabulous review. I am extremely glad to know that it is because of our staff making a difference that had made your stay a great one. It is a wonderful feeling for our staff Wan Xin, Zaki and Sean to know that they have been specially mentioned by and also not forgetting the team from Housekeeping and F&B. Knowing our guests are happy and satisfied is the best motivation for us to strive harder and do rest assured that we will constantly improve on our products and services to make it even better for our guests. I have also noted on your feedback in placing an iPod docking station and shall review on it. On an another hand, we do have Apple TV in all rooms for the convenience of our guests in using their apple devices. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Birmingham
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 6.30am after an overnight flight from Perth and were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in the door. As we were unable to check into our room until 2pm, we were shown to a temporary room where we were told we could have a shower and a nap if we liked, which we gladly accepted. We were only staying for 1 night but found that every single member of staff that we dealt with, couldn't do enough for us. We had a really lovely room on the 9th floor with great views over the City. The breakfast was lovely and we especially liked the extras that were offered such as the iron shot drink and the Berocca tablets which were much appreciated.
Thank you to all who made our stay very special. If we return to Singapore, we shall most definitely stay at the Naumi again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Archie18,

Thank you for taking your time in writing us such a lovely review. At Naumi, we pride ourselves on our Naumi-centric services with an aim to make every guest experience a special one. I am delighted to know that we have managed to do that for you. It is also heartening to know that you have enjoyed our breakfast selection as we had taken care to create a unique breakfast experience for our guests with little touches and extras that you would not normally find in a hotel breakfast line. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and all of us look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip back to Singapore.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed at the Naumi Hotel for 3 nights, from the 6/01/2014. We arrived and they allowed early check in which we were grateful for. The reception area and bar was bautiful and clean. The room was very clean and ultra modern, bed was super comfy and big, toilet, shower(with rainwater head) worked great, lovely white fluffy towels. We were told upon check in that the mini bar was fully complimentary, however that was not the case, the following morning our room was made up, but the minibar was not restocked nor clean cups restocked, so we contacted reception and they immediatley came and restocked and actioned our requests, we asked about the mini bar being complimentary and we were told that only some of the items were, this was not what we were told when checking in. While the room was new and clean, there were a few minor things left untouched, dusty lamp, beside the bed not vacuumed and toilet paper not replaced. Breakfast was nice, nothing to rave about nor any wow factor, very young staff that were very very pleasant however inexperienced, the hotel is in a fantastic location but over priced for what it was and did not compare to similar priced hotels within the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ATLASTITSHOLIDAYTIME
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Atlastitsholidaytime,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. It is with concern when I read about your incident with regards to the minibar. If I may be allowed to clarify, the minibar is indeed complimentary for all the items. However, the alcoholic beverages and snacks are on a one time basis and the rest of the items are all replenished daily. Please accept my sincere apologies if this has been miscommunicated to you in any way. I have also noted on your other feedbacks and will look into them personally. We will continue to improve on our service standards in where we may be lacking for the comfort of our guests. On a positive note, we are glad you had liked our product and amenities. It was also our pleasure to be able to accommodate your early check in for this stay.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope to be able to welcome you back for your next trip.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Love love love this boutique hotel. First time in Singapore and we stumble upon this hotel online - best decision I made was to book here. The staff were very helpful and very polite. Location was great. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear OzOZTravellers,

Thank you for taking your time to write us a review and for choosing to stay at Naumi. It is with much delight to read that you had loved your stay with us. At Naumi, we strive to create the best possible experience for all our guests and it heartens me to know that you have experience that with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next trip and hope we can impress you even further as we continue to upkeep and improve on our product and services.