“"You have done well for picking this hotel" says my partner.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #19 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“"You have done well for picking this hotel" says my partner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

We stayed at the Oasis room for one night and my partner cannot stop raving about it the moment he stepped in.
- As described on their website, this place is decked with designer furnishings, large TV with endless programmes, games and music playlist.
- We loved the room because a lot of attention have been given to designs. All the drawers are anti-slam shut, including toilet seat cover. Doors to shower, bath and room open both ways.
-There is a little illuminated ring next to the toilet bowl when all lights are off at night for navigation.
- All the stuff in the mini bar are free (which we didn't realised till we checked out) and they even provide a little bag for you to take away. There are 6 Nespresso pods for you to make a Nespresso coffee or take them home. TWG tea.
- Curtains that drew automatically once you start pulling it back slightly. Nice tap, nice toiletries, nice shower head. Lovely, lovely bedsheets and bed to sleep on.
- The roof top infinity pool is a must hang out! You get too see the City Hall skyline.
- Breakfast was fantastic. Freshly squeeze juices, Yakult, generous selection of different types of nuts, good coffee.. e.t.c. And all the staff are so friendly!
- The location (next to Raffles Hotel) is fantastic, walking distance to City Hall MRT station.

The only regret we had was that we only had one night there and not able to really utilise and soak into all the great things that this hotel has provided. The only slight disappointment was the hot food selection for breakfast. The chef definitely has lots of room for improvement with the cooking. It was a lot cheaper to book through a hotel booking engine like Booking.com. We paid S$260 plus S$50 tax= S$310 for the room. I think there was a promotion back then.

We will definitely stay here again next time and highly, highly recommend this to all you folks out there.

Room Tip: It was a lot cheaper to book through a hotel booking engine like Booking.com. We paid S$260 plus S$5...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ratpackers
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Ratpackers,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review.

We have noted on your feedback on the hot food selection and I will review it with the team concerned to explore how we could make it better. On a positive note, we are delighted you have found so many aspects of our hotel, service and the location that have impressed you.

Thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again, hopefully for a longer stay the next time.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

My first visit to Naumi was in summer 2012 and I was so impressed! Loved the staff, the breakfast, the pool and most of all the huge room with living area and kitchen and huge bathroom!

So after waiting patiently for Naumi to complete its renovation (why, i still don't understand), I finally visited again in December 2013 and must say, I was a bit disappointed.

When we checked in, we were greeted by a wonderfully friendly staff who told us about the renovations, which make the rooms 'cozier.' I was surprised to see that the huge room with separate living area was basically cut in half and the renovated room was literally half the size!

That being said, the rooms are very efficient and well-planned in their use of space and still very comfortable, and had I not seen the pre-renovation rooms, I would think nothing of it. The staff is still so friendly and even greet us by name when we come and go. The location is perfect for sightseeing and a fun evening out. The rooftop pool is great for a lazy afternoon or a drink at sunset.

Don't get me wrong - I will still probably come back to Naumi next time I am in Singapore, but with just a little less enthusiasm.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank NTinDE
Dear NTinDE,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review and for choosing to stay at Naumi again.

I am glad to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us though you had found the room not as huge as before but still very comfortable.

Thank you once again for supporting Naumi and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

My partner and I spent 3 nights at Naumi, and we highly recommend it. The room (Oasis suite) was quite small, but very functional and comfortable. Many of the pictures that are posted on their website don't do the hotel justice. I would say this is a "mini" W hotel. Staff we exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was very nice. The rooftop pool is great, with amazing views and a nice bar too. The location of the hotel was also great -- very central. We walked to everywhere from here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tribecadoc
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Dear Tribecadoc,

Thank you for your time in writing us this review. I am glad you had enjoyed your stay with us and found our service and facilities to your satisfaction. At the same time, we are honoured to be compared to a leading luxury hotel. Thank you once again for choosing Naumi and for highly recommending us. We look forward to having you back with us again.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

It is tough searching for the right place to hold a staycation to celebrate a friend's birthday. I explored a few options but Naumi Hotel wowed me with its trendy boutique feel, accessible location and fresh concepts. The assistant guest relations manager Erna, gladly accommodated my request to view the various themed rooms (despite its busy checkin period), and gave me helpful tips and pointers on which room to select. Selecting Naumi for the staycation was thus a no-brainer with such wonderful service and design-centric rooms.

Imagine my surprise when I checked in, and received a complimentary upgrade from the Oasis to the Eden Room! I was at a loss of words, and frankly just overjoyed at this gracious offer. For the uninitiated, the Eden Room is an Andy Warhol-inspired suite with amazing and fun furniture, clever spatial touches (including a HUGE bathtub with movable circular walls) and more great in-room facilities (TWG tea, Nespresso coffee machine, Malin+Goetz toiletries, Apple TV, Wii/Xbox rental, phone chargers, rainshower). Erna remembered me from my previous visit, and yet again, impeccable service from her and her colleagues made me and my friends feel really welcome.

During the stay, we checked out the famed infinity pool at the rooftop with spectacular views, and had a nice breakfast downstairs at the lobby restaurant. (I hardly see drink counters stocked with Champagne, Nespresso, TWG Tea, Fresh Juice, Yakult and Vitamin Supplements!) Overall, the facilities were all very well-planned and clever, and we were treated like royalty throughout our short stay. Checkout was fuss-free and quick, and it was a pity we had to leave.

We had a really wonderful celebration, and it definitely was made extra special by Erna and the Naumi team. Thank you and I will want to be back again!

Room Tip: The Eden Room is a sophisticatedly-designed and fun place to hold a mini-party!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear VotreX,

Thank you for taking your time to write us this lovely review. I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful celebration at Naumi and and thank you for all the compliments. Your recognition on the service rendered by Erna and the Naumi team means a lot to them and will continue to motivate us to continue to exceed our guest expectations in whatever we do. All of us look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying in Naumi; the first stay, 2 years back and before the refurbishments, was impeccable!

I was looking forward to the friendly great service but during check-in, I felt unwelcome. Staff was unfriendly, swanky and there were awkward silences. He appeared almost robotic doing the routine checking in procedure. However, he promptly attended to my request of a complimentary birthday cake for my partner after checked in.

The room is half the size it used to be. However, it felt luxurious and trendy. They have clever use of space. Ironing board, yoga mat, umbrella hidden under the bed. Nepresso machine, coffee, TWG tea, kettle, glasses hidden onto the pull out wall next to the toilet. Amenities hidden in the small drawer below the vanity mirror. Lock safe hidden under the desk.
I wouldn't know all these till I called Naumi aide for a toothbrush cos I couldn't find it and she told me where to locate it then I started to pull out all possible drawers. Efficient use of space indeed!

I love the complimentary mini bar and toiletries from Malin+Goetz. Toilet facilities from Grohe includes a rain shower as well. The bed is comfortable and having a bolster pillow is always a bonus! The LCD TV is huge; has a DVD player and Apple TV too.

Hotel facilities include a 24 hrs gym and an infinity pool which opens from 7am-6pm. It's a shame the pool is not open at night as the view from there is amazing.
Location of hotel is excellent! Just next to Raffles hotel and close to city hall and bugis area.

Breakfast was a delight! Staffs were friendly, attentive and helpful. Not a wide spread of breakfast items but sufficient enough. Love the Bircher muesli and freshly squeezed juice!

Checking out was a breeze; the staff was amicable, pleasant and generous with her niceties!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Krimie
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Krimie,

Thank you for taking your time to write us this review and also for choosing to stay at Naumi again. My sincere apologies that your check-in experience was not up to expectations and I shall review on this with the team to ensure that the continuous training which we have does upkeep our standards. On a positive note, I am glad to know that in other ways, your subsequent experience on our product and service have made up to you and you have enjoyed your stay with us. During our renovation, a lot of emphasis has been placed on how we could make Naumi different and keep ahead of trends through our careful selection of amenities and the design of the hotel. It is heartening to know that we have managed to charm you with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

Like many others on Trip Advisor, I arrived at Naumi early in the morning on a red eye flight from Beijing. I was exhausted and had meetings earlier that day. From the moment I walked in the hotel, I felt like I was in an oasis and was made to feel incredibly welcome.

Once Nina at reception learned that I had arrived on an overnight flight and was headed out shortly, she unexpectedly offered for me to check in immediately (before 9 AM in the morning!) She showed me up to my room and revealed all the extraordinarily thought out features of my compact, yet imminently comfortable room.

The interior is modern, yet warm, with different textures. The roof top pool offered an extraordinary view of downtown Singapore and Sentosa Island; I recommend grabbing an evening drink there (although the menu was somewhat limited). The hotel's location directly across from the legendary Raffles Hotel is superb, and only an 8 minute walk from the subway.

Although my stay was brief, I was treated like a VIP guest the entire time. Staff rushed to help me, offer recommendations, and greet me by name.

I would characterize the entire atmosphere of Naumi as thoughtful, from the ingeniously designed rooms with tucked away amenities, the complimentary mini-bar and DVD lending library, and even the condiments available with breakfast, to the helpfulness of the staff.

Now I am trying to concoct a reason to return to Singapore to experience the Naumi Hotel again.

Room Tip: The Habitat rooms are appropriate for solo or couple travelers. Due to their intimate size and layou...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Newlandarcher
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Dear Newlandarcher,

Thank you for taking your time to write us this long and wonderful review. It is heartening for Nina to know that she is specially mentioned by you and I am glad to know our staff have taken good care of you during your brief stay with us. Besides focusing on our Naumi-centric services, a lot of thoughts were put into the design and amenities of the hotel for the utmost comfort of our guests and I am delighted to know that you were appreciative of them as it means a lot to us to be endorsed by our guests. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon, hopefully it will be for a longer stay this round.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Enjoying my 1st stay at The Naumi Hotel. The vibe is like a small W-Hotel, very trendy, hip and upscale. The room I'm booked into looks exactly like the one pictured on their web page, and what you see is what you get (except the Nespresso machine, kettle, and coffee/tea products are nicely hidden in a roll out space next to the desk wall. The room is not big, but there is enough room for two people to be comfortable. There is a small desk in the room

My gripes are the lack of drawers to put away clothes as I was here for a week. They brought me extra hangers which helped, and one of the elevators was broken for a couple days. I will definitely keep this little gem on my list to stay at.

Also heard there is very good Chicken Rice spot on Purvis, a street away!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Gail L,

Thank you for taking your time in writing us a review. Please accept my sincere apologies in any inconvenience that you might have encountered during your stay when one of our elevators was undergoing maintenance work. I have also noted on your feedback on lack of drawers and shall review on how we could make our guest stays more comfortable. On a positive note, I am glad you had enjoyed your stay at our hotel and found our product to your liking. Naumi is centrally located in the heart of town and within walking distance to lots of interesting places such as the Chicken Rice spot which you mentioned, shopping malls, Esplanade (Singapore's performing arts venue), Singapore Flyer and much more to explore...... Our Naumi Aides would be glad to highlight more areas to you on your next visit. Thank you once again for choosing Naumi and we look forward to having you back with us soon.