“Boutique hotel with great style”
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #16 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Boutique hotel with great style”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Singapore is full of very nice international hotels, from the classic Raffles, to the modern styles of Westin, Ritz-Carlton and many more, so its nice to see a hotel that sits a bit by itself being a true modern trendy boutique style hotel. The hotel has just re-opened going from 40 rooms to 70, re-designing the hotel and creating many new really cool details. My room was located on the 9th floor and even small was brilliant in lay out and design. Very comfortable bed, super high-tech with a large Samsung TV which included the Apple TV and free mini-bar, which also offers a few spirits and a Nespresso machine. The shower and toilet are again smartly designed........overall the room might be a bit small for two on a loner stay, but for me it was perfect. Breakfast was excellent, fresh, champagne on offer, vitamin pills and very tasty! The pool is cool with a great view, but the gym is a bit small and spread over three floors.......but well designed as the hotel is in-general and full of small but great features! Location......perfect!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear JohnTGN,

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a detailed review. We are heartened to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and also endorsing us a true modern trendy boutique hotel. It is equally wonderful that you liked our breakfast spread, design, amenities, our location and the extra touches we created. At Naumi we aim to offer quality and value in whatever we do. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was really happy to fall into this place. Great staff, rooms, vibe. They are right around the corner from some very good restaurants making it even better. The staff was super attentive and small enough place to really get to know them. I will definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear SeattlePaulLeto,

Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. I am glad to read that you had a very happy stay with us and found our location to be ideal for you. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Everything was great!!! The rooftop swimming pool is great with an amazing view on skycrapers. Breakfast is excellent. They even offer you nespresso in your room! Very very good service! Just what we were expecting!
Some noise caused by the construction nearby was not so great but it would be unfair to blame the hotel for that...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lesexplorateurs
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Lesexplorateurs,

Thank you for your time in writing us the review and ratings us as Perfect. I am elated to know that you had a memorable experience staying with us and we look forward to welcoming back on your next trip to the sunny island of Singapore.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We came to Singapore after 2 different stops and Naumi hotel was the first hotel that made check-in a breeze! Upon arriving,we have been shown great service from all the staff.

We were then shown to our room by one of the young gentlemen who proceeded to explain to us where everything is. He also made sure that we knew that there were lots of secret storage everywhere that made use of the space. The unlimited sodas in the fridge was a great touch along with the Nespresso and tea.

Breakfast was not an issue for us even though we have just came from a resort that has a huge spread. I love all the little touches that was included - shots of aloe vera, probiotic drinks, vitamin c... All these little touches just adds towards the 1% that other hotels did not think of.

Location was great - both the city hall MRT and esplanade MRT are within 10 minutes walk. Shopping malls are everywhere with the Orchard road stop only 2 stops away!

All in all, we loved our stay in the hotels would be recommending it to our friends who will be visiting.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yen C
Dear Yen C,

Thank you for such a positive review. We are delighted to know that you had loved your stay at Naumi. At Naumi we pride ourselves on our Naumi-centric services that you have experienced and we do try to add the little touches in all that we do to make that positive difference in experience for guests enjoyment.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booked for a 2 night stay at the Naumi, having read all the positive reviews and also having stayed at many SLH hotels in the past. Initially, I tried to cancel the booking as I found out later on that there wasn't any parking on the premises and because I wasn't the one driving, I wasn't sure how my friend would feel about parking the car somewhere else. The lack of parking facilities was not indicated in the hotel's website either. We ended up parking at a building next door and thankfully the parking fees (about SGD 14?) were rather reasonable. (We parked at around 6pm Thursday night and only removed the car at around noon on Saturday.)

Check in was smooth and we were given a thorough room tour by the front staff desk who escorted us up to our rooms. The Nespresso machine, apple tv, complimentary mini bar as well as the Malin + Goetz toiletries were nice touches. As were the 400 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets. The water pressure in the shower was fantastic. Needless to say, the first night was bliss.

However, we were a bit disappointed upon our return to the room the next evening. The bolster was on the floor and the duvet covers weren't tucked in nicely (it was as if the housekeeping staff left in the middle of what they were doing and forgot to come back). The coffee and tea bags weren't replenished as promised. When I asked the reception for an additional bolster, I was told that there weren't any extras. I know it's rather petty but surely there should be additional pillows in the hotel somewhere or perhaps take one from another unoccupied room?

Overall, I think this would be a good hotel to stay in if you are not driving there and it appears and I hope that it was a one off kink on the housekeepers end.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yvonne L
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Yvonne L,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write us this review. I am sorry to know that your recent experience with us had left you slightly disappointed and I sincerely apologise for that. We assure you that your encounter is definitely not of the standards at Naumi. I have addressed your feedback with regards to housekeeping and reviewed on our continuous training for the team to prevent such incidents from repeating. I have also highlighted to the team on how we could be more proactive in handling guests request so that our guests would have a wholesome experience with us.

On a positive note, it is with pleasure to know that we have made your check in smooth and that you had found our facilities and amenities to your satisfaction, especially in making your first night a bliss. We always believe in providing the additional touches for the comfort of our guests. All of us at Naumi look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My partner and I have been looking forward to this staycation but to be honest, although the hotel design and the rooftop bar and pool looks amazing, the other elements of our stay were pretty disappointing.

Booking Process:
This was actually the most annoying part. The day that I made the reservation on Booking.com, I was informed that the Habitat Room was sold out, hence, I've decided to go ahead and book the Oasis room instead because there were only 2 rooms left. Although the total price was much more than what we've budgeted, but we were still excited about it. After which, I've emailed the reservation as I was having some issues with my SG card and at the same time, requested for late c/o as I was only catching my flight out of SG at 6pm. The email response I've gotten in return was really robotic! Besides that, when I've asked about where we could park our car, all she responded was that the hotel do not bear charges for parking fees. I would have appreciated if she could at least suggest where and not the cost!
I am not sure if it is a hotel standard, but I was also expecting an email from her to inform me when she had charged to the credit card, there was no acknowledgement or thank you emails received too when I've sent it over to her.

Now the annoying part came a few days before our stay. All of a sudden, we start seeing promotions going on for Habitat room during the same period. Why would that happen when I was informed that there was no more Habitat rooms at the point of booking?

Checking In:
As I had landed only at 2330, we had a very late check in and I must say, Zaki (Sorry I can't spell his name but it was the tall Malay guy at reception) was observant enough and tried to shorten the whole process. So thank you for at least starting the staycation on a good note!

Hot Water:
I was just wondering if there's a quota or limit to hot water usage per room? I was trying to fill up the bath tub with hot water after I've checked in, but even before it was half filled, the hot water became cold. And when I went to check out the tap at the basin as well as the showerhead, it was the same issue. Hence, there goes my hope of having a nice hot water bath. It happened the second night as well.

Minibar:
It was a nice gesture to offer 1 round of complimentary mini-bar amenities, however, as mentioned by other users, the items were really not impressive. 1 can of beer when there's 2 occupants just doesnt make sense.

Breakfast:
I understand with the size of the hotel, I wouldnt be able to find a full spread of international buffet option. However, the choices available were really limited. It seems like there was only 1 meat option (the chicken sausage), everything else were like vegetarian. On another note, we found strands of hair in both the hashbrown and waffles. The self-help coffee machine was just not right. We've paid close to $700 for our stay at Naumi for 2 nights, and I wasn't able to get a proper latte in the morning for breakfast. We ended up heading out for brunch elsewhere and totally skipped breakfast the next day.

Rooftop bar and pool:
I must say, this was what attracted us to book Naumi and it was probably the only aspect of the hotel that did not disappoint. The Indian bartender working at the bar was nice and kindly allowed us to have a taste of the Merlot and in the end, we've bought a bottle instead of 2 glasses. The view was fantastic, hands on for that.

Checking Out:
Thanks to Zaki, at least he tried to give us a late check out till 1pm. The receptionist upon check out did not ask how was our stay and simply presented us the bill and after paying, off we went. Perhaps she was busy, or perhaps, we were just not as important as the other guests.

Overall, unless there's a major discount or promotion going on, I guess it will take a while to convince us to spend yet another $700 on a 2 nights stay here. This staycation was meant to be an early VDAY celebration for us since I do not reside in SG and we do not get to see each other often, however, we were disappointed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JaimeKoh
Dear JaimeKoh,

Thank you for taking your time in providing us with this review and choosing to stay at Naumi for your early Valentine's day staycation. I sincerely apologise that we have not met your expectations during your recent stay. With regards to your booking experience, if I may be allowed to clarify, sometimes there could be last minute cancellations and we would release these available rooms back for sale on promotions due to short lead time. This could be the possible reason on why you could not book the Habitat room on that day and saw them available again few days before your stay.

I have also noted on your other feedbacks and take a serious view of them. I will personally review them with the team and will make further improvement on our services and products so we can serve you and all our guests better.

On a positive note, I am glad Zaki and our bartender had managed to make your stay better and also you had enjoyed your experience at our rooftop poolside. Once again my apologies on the experience you had. In no way what you had experienced is what Naumi is known for and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to show you our true Naumi-centric services the next time you visit Singapore. .

Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 February 2014

When I made a booking via phone, the staff promised to arrange two adjoining rooms with a external door sharing between my own 2 rooms. This was requested by me as I have 2 young children in my party.
Upon checked in, the rooms arranged were not as per promise.
We were placed 2 rooms side by side with doors far apart from each other.
We highlighted this issue to the front office but they were trying to deny their responsibility to get me the room types promised.

Stayed 3 nights there.
Rooms were so so so small!
Compared to before refurbished, the rooms were very small. With an island (basin with mirror) right in front of the door step and next to open concept wardrobe, toilet and bathroom. Bathroom shower was installed for people as tall as 6 feet. As a small Asian woman, so sad to say that the shower overshot my height. If you opened the door while you are bathing, the water from shower will shoot to the door and water will flow out to the bathroom entrance and the area in front of the basin and mirror will be totally wet.
Mini bar was complimentary but only restocked for water. Nespresso machine was placed in a secret vertical pull out drawer which they placed the wine glasses and cups which was not practical and very dangerous as the glasses were shaking and knocking to the wall every time you pull the drawer out.
Next to the bathroom was a small writing table with pre-prepared iphone charger unfortunately the charger was faulty. Immediately next to the table was the bed. And 2 feet away from the bed was the window. Auto blind was used. And it was not a new technology and not much surprise. TV was rght opposite the bed about 3 or 4 feet from the bed. With apple TV come with youtube everything in it make travellers who love watching TV a plus to the hotel.

The worse thing is if you were stepping out from the bathroom naked and at the same time someone is coming in into your room, there is no place for you to hide...

Breakfast served was so not up to hotel standard. Half boiled egg served was uncooked. Sunny side up served the egg white was totally transparent.
Semi buffet style breakfast served on ground floor the indian restaurant. The side dishes were not as good as before refurbished.

Overall, bad hotel experience to my family.
I expect something good. At least better than before refurbished. Unfortunately to say that I will not returned.
Recommendation to you, spend your money wisely else where!

Room Tip: If you have children with you, insist them to get you the adjoining room types which one of them is...