“Small but perfectly formed”
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #16 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Small but perfectly formed”
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We stayed at the Naumi in June for our honeymoon. We had a gorgeous suite with a sitting room with kitchen area and desk. There were plasma screen TVs in both the bedroom and living area and the suite was very modern and clean. The bathroom was huge with jack and jill sinks with a walk in rainshower.

The location is perfect - just across the road from Raffles and all of the major sightseeing destinations are easily reachable either walking or by tube.

The breakfast was lovely - my only complaint being that the milk and juice could have been colder. The service was impeccable and the staff very friendly with advising on and booking restaurants.

We used to end each day at the infinity pool on the roof. There are huge day beds to recline on and one day we were lucky enough to see the Singapore acrobatic air team practising for some event or other!

If we ever return to Singapore, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Liked — boutique feel
  • Disliked — lukewarm milk at breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed 1 October 2008

Just spent 3 nights at the Naumi in September 2008. I agree with most of the comments already expressed here in the reviews. As a regular to Singapore and know the hotels and area well, this is my first time at the Naumi and will probably go back. It’s a small hotel not meant to be a resort (aka NO spa facility) but a city (business) hotel. It leans towards being hip & trendy without being over the top pretentious. (Rooms and public spaces are stylish but still very comfortable). The place is efficient but still have some warmth to it and a nice vibe. I also considered the Majestic but in the end am glad that I went to the Naumi (mostly for the convenient location).

The location is ideal near the Marina area and just behind THE Raffles Hotel. I didn't have trouble finding a taxi and the hotel staff was always ready to call for one. The location is a short walk to Suntec City (convention area), Esplanade (“durian” theatre) and Raffles City to catch the MRT underground train.

The rooms are nicely appointed, clean, modern and spacious (we were in 902). The all inclusive price was convenient. The room felt like home!

NICE TOUCHES:
- Large refrigerator
- Mini bar included (but mostly soft drinks, water and beer)
- Nespresso Coffee Machine
- iPod/Clock Radio (plug in your own iPod music!)
- Fresh flowers in room/bathroom
- FREE wireless internet connection (included with my rate)
- Super large flat screen TV and DVD player
- Bed was comfortable!
- Spacious shower with separate stand alone tub (in Room 902)
- Dramatic lighting (too bad they didn’t have a dimmer switch to control the mood)

The mysterious “plumbing” noise:
Just like someone else mentioned here, we did encounter that strange noise on the first night. We first heard it late afternoon on the day we arrived. It sounded like a jack hammer in the distance. However, the noise persisted periodically through the night. It woke me up 2 – 3 times. At that point, I assumed it was the filter pumps for the swimming pool? We were on the 9th floor just below the pool deck! I mentioned the noise to the staff the next morning, they made a note of it but did not explain the noise? The noise went away! Somehow they took care of it? The following day, the staff asked me about the noise again which led me to believe that the hotel staff is aware of the noise problem?!

About the service:
Someone else also mentioned the attentiveness being annoying… We had the same experience. Though I give them credit for the effort and everyone seem pleasant. But most times, it seem “forced”. For example, when you come down to the lobby on your way out, the staff would “run” ahead of you just to open the door for you?! It seem so unnecessary?! Same thing, when you return, they would run ahead just to press the elevator button for you?!

At those prices, I would like to see more confidence in the staff (a couple of people did stand out as being more professional?!). But in general, when you ask them a question or talk to them, they seem tentative and nervous… When they greet you, it felt contrived. It should be more authentic instead of just “checking off the box” of things to do when you see a guest!

Finally:
Being on the 9th floor, our room actually had a nice city view (same as from the pool) since we are just below the pool deck. The night time city lights view is great. However, we had our blinds closed most of the time. The building façade is lit up at night and we have a bright light fixture just outside our window.

Again, all this is minor, minor, minor stuff! It’s such a nice hotel, I just want them to be PERFECT!!

• Liked — Spacious room, FREE internet!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia
Reviewed 29 September 2008

have just returned from Honeymoon and after 9 nights in Maldives, we certainly enjoyed 3 days in Singapore. Naumi is one of the best Hotels I have stayed in, anywhere in the World. While aimed at the Business traveller, we both enjoyed the facilities. Just around the corner (5 minute walk) from Suntech (Shopping) and literally right next door to Raffles.
We arrived in Singapore at 7am and the Team at Naumi bent over backwards to just us an earlier check-in, which they did, so our room was ready at 10am.

Excellent and we both highly recomend the experience.

• Liked — bed/pillows/plasma & complimentary minibar
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 29 August 2008

The hotel is beautifully designed and everything ran extremely efficicently whilst we were there. Our room was super stylish, toiletries were lovely, the free mini bar was a treat and the coffee making machine in the room was a morning must-have. Staff are helpful and professional and breakfast is simply divine.

This is one slick hotel and although I loved it, Naumi, for me, could just be a little too super-cool to be a really comfortable place from which to hang out and explore the wonderful city of Singapore.

• Liked — The room, the view from the pool and the delicious breakfast.
  • Disliked — Just a little too slick to relax. The place lacked a warmth one experiences in some hotels.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 28 August 2008

It started fine with an upgrade and the room was great. Location excellent, easy to move around with a mix of restaurants nearby and the metro within easy walking distance.
But disaster, and not at all noticeable on arrival, there is a serious problem with the plumbing. At times during the night we could hear water from all four corners of the room, and this wasn't the flow of water to bathrooms this was an enormous noise, like someone tipping a bath full of water on your ceiling, regularly.
so the property has been refurbished but someone forgot the plumbing, the management are aware I was told and you will be if you stay here, sorry cause it is special, but what a problem they have.

• Liked — Location and design
  • Disliked — The plumbing and lack of taxis
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 August 2008

Stayed for 5 days on a recent trip to Singapore, wanting something a little different to the standard branded 5* hotels. I was attracted to Naumi because of the almost consistently good reviews and was in no way disappointed.

There had been some suggestions that the service could be a little "flaky" - but this was not my experience. I found the staff always warm and happy to attend to every need. The only problem I had was the telephone in my room was not functional the night I arrived. I was told it would be fixed the next day, but when it hadn't happened by 5:00pm I spoke to the front desk and the problem was rectified within minutes. They also invited me to make my (overseas) phone call from the front desk.

Staff were always more than happy to obtain taxis and I never had to wait more than 5 minutes - and that was a wet Friday afternoon peak hour.

As other reviewers have indicted, the rooms are awesome, as is the pool area.

The hotel is in a quiet location and I had no noise problems.

Highly recommended.

• Liked — the rooms - large and stylish; large umbrella in room (a Singapore necessity!)
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
London UK
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Lovely hotel, modern and stylish, amazing rooftop pool - absolutely stunning with amazing views over Singapore. Great location, easy to get around every where.

Rooms are modern, spacious, lovely and stylish.

Staff very attentive (overly so a times!).

Definitely recommend staying here.

• Liked — Amazing rooftop pool - stunning views over Singapore while swimming!
  • Disliked — overly attentive staff (not a big issue however)
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple