“Loved Naumi”
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #18 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic find in a heartland of large, impersonal hotels. Loved our stay at the Naumi, Oasis room was lovely, so much design packed in a small space. Breakfast great - loved the protein powder/vitamin bar! Staff so welcoming & accommodating. Street behind the hotel (Purvis Street) has some great restaurants - Japanese Yakitori was recommended and it was great. Drinks by the rooftop pool at sunset was magic. Will be back.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank antip0dean
Janice T, Public Relations Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear antip0dean,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are heartened to hear you have had a lovely stay. Naumi Hotel is tucked in a lovely corner of the Central Business District and the plethora of museums, watering holes and award-winning restaurants located in the vicinity will certainly keep guests entertained all day. Drinks by the rooftop infinity pool at sunset is, without question, a must - the view is spectacular and we are so glad you've had the opportunity to experience it yourself. We hope Naumi Hotel will continue to be at the top of your choice when you come visit Singapore again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very stylish. New and clean. Comfortable bed. Staff responded very quick. They upgraded my room when the toilet flushing water leakage which made me feel so annoying. Just the swimming pool is a bit small. Will come back when next visit.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Tweetyyaur,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us. We are so glad to be a part of your experience here in Singapore. The rooftop infinity pool is designed to be an invigorating escape that feels more like a personal oasis than a pool. Our guests often tell us how wonderful it is to be able to have this tranquil oasis where you can just sit back, soak up, and get away from it all. Once again, we thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again when your travel takes you back to Singapore.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

My impression from the Naumi Hotel website was that it is a quiet, luxurious escape. In reality, it is a youthful, trendy, hip hotel right in the middle of the Central Business District. Progressive house music in the lobby, well-dressed hipsters at the bar. An enjoyable experience, but different than I expected.

The rooms themselves are well-appointed and quiet though somewhat smaller than I expected. I stayed in an Oasis room. Figuring out all the light switches and bells, and whistles was quite a challenge.

The view from the rooftop bar is amazing though there is a lot of nearby construction which diminishes the atmosphere somewhat.

The hotel is centrally located near major roads. The City Hall MRT station is an 7-minute walk away.

The hotel is a little pricy, but that's just Singapore. Naumi Hotel is a good option if you're looking for a comfortable stay with a more intimate "neighborhood" feel than the larger, nearby hotels like the Pan Pacific, Mandarin, or Conrad.

Room Tip: An Oasis room is a good upgrade from the Habitat if you would like a bath. Higher floors will have l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Janice T, Public Relations Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear BoulderWorldTraveler,

Thank you for choosing Naumi Hotel and taking the time to share your experience with us here.

To assist guests in figuring out all the hidden spaces we have in our rooms, it is our hotel's tradition to assign a Naumi Aide to the guest on arrival. This permits our Naumi Aides to introduce our guests to the services and facilities put forth by the hotel, assist them with their luggages, familiarize them with the room amenities, and most importantly, to make them feel at home. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need any further assistance. Our Naumi Aides are willing to orchestrate anything from a last-minute table booking at a local restaurant to the facilitation of transportation. If you can think it, they can manage it.

You are also absolutely right to say we offer a very different experience from the mainstream hotel chains. Naumi Hotel is truly unique and intoxicating. Here, we challenge the norm, and ensure that style will marry substance.

We hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

All the people working at the Naumi are just wonderful. They make your stay a joy. The gabrielle room is beautiful, very comfy, spacious and tastefully decorated.
Returning to this charming hotel after its major refurbishment I found the poolside bar & infinity pool a lovely place to sit with a glass of wine in the evening.
Central situation is brilliant, close to City Hall in one direction and Bugis in the other. Well served by many buses and close to the MRT.
We are going to stay there again !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natasha C
Pjey M, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Natasha C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay with us at Naumi.

Thank you for being a loyal guest of Naumi and It was our pleasure to have you again with us.
I am happy that you like our new look.

Glad to know that you like our theme room Gabrielle (Coco Chanel Inspired).

Thank you for the kind words on the team. Our staffs are our strength and we are lucky to have them in provide the Naumi Centric service to our guest.

We are eagerly waiting for your return in December so that we can pamper you further.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Though a member of SLH, I expected a better service here:
1- Went for a drink at the 10TH floor pool bar, and was surprised by the way the waiter asked us if we want a drink, without giving us the drink list. Seem we were bothering him
2- Room are small, but very well organized, so this is a real treat.
3- The day after, after checking out, I had to spent sometime in the afternoon for lunch and work; I thought Naumi pool could be a proper location; but I was told it is ONLY for the guest and if I want lunch, I can have it downstairs.
So my feelings : improve your service ! not that much to ask.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear ChristianDaniel,

I do apologies for the unfortunate experience.

I have heard your feedback about your experience in ordering a drink at the Pool and not being able to have your lunch at the pool. I have addressed the isseues with the relevant departments and look into making improvements to that area in the future. We take our guest opinion seriously to provide exceptional service.

We hope that your recent stay has not marred your opinion of the brand and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.

We look forward to welcoming you again when your travel takes you back to Singapore.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my second visit to Singapore of the year, but the first time i stayed at Naumi. I stayed at the Pan Pacific last time and although I was happy there, having read the outstanding reviews on here of Naumi I decided to give it a go. When the taxi pulled up down a side street I was initially disappointed but upon entering the hotel that immediately changed. I was greeted by the most helpful enthusiastic staff I have ever encountered anywhere in the world.

This set the tone for the remainder of my stay, all staff I interacted with were very polite,courteous and helpful and acted with the highest professionalism. Nothing was too much trouble for them and as it's a smaller hotel than I'm used to staying in it made a pleasant change to engage in friendly conversation on a personnel level with some of them especially as I was travelling alone. The room was very elegant, spacious and impeccably clean. It was fitted with latest in technology flat screen tvs with an Apple TV box.

The rooftop infinity pool gave great views of the city and it was nice to chill out at the bar there. Drinks and food all very reasonably priced for Singapore and value for money was certainly had.

All in all, Erna (the manager) and her team made me feel very welcome throughout my three day stay and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here. This is the best customer service I have ever received and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Scottyb101
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I spent 7 nights end of April/ beginning of May at the Naumi hotel in Singapore. I have chosen it because of its special designed rooms, the rooftop infinity pool and view from the top. It is also close to the Esplanade and City Hall metro stations but the taxi is so cheap there compared to the Netherlands that you do not really need the metro to move around Singapore city center. On request we were given a high floor room (8th floor). What an amazing view! There is a very nice minibar, first round is on the house (they just forgot to replace the jasmine green tea after we finished the 2 ones we had but the rest was OK). The nicest surprise was that the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, cream were Malin + Goetz made with natural ingredients and very good for the skin. We also had standard iPhone 5 charger, Apple TV and our own network in the room. The wifi is for free and works well. Only a few minor things: in 7 days our bed sheets were never changed, there was no wardrobe so our clothing were mostly in our luggage, the air conditioning was blowing exactly on the bed, behind the toilet sear was never cleaned, I found the first day yellow spots on the white seat, luckily I had my own hygienical tissues. But because of all other advantages I would return at Naumi and even recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: High floor with amazing view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corina F

Dear Corina F,

Your review had beautifully summarized on the hotel, our service and the locality. It was our pleasure to have you with us for a long period of time.

I do apologies for not changing the bed sheet, our HK team usually change the bed sheets on alternate days. We have heard your feedback about the A/C, Toilet cleanliness and I will definitely look into making improvements to that area in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon should your travel bring you back to the Singapore and pamper you further.