Naumi Hotel
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$197
US$284
US$251
Orbitz.com
US$340
US$333
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$236
Orbitz.com
US$380
US$298
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$152
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
2,505 results
All reviewshabitat roomrooftop poolapple tvmagic glassseah streetyoga matnespresso machinegreat boutiquefree happy hoursmall hotelfamous raffles hotelcomplimentary mini barsingapore skylinecity hallshower and toiletluxury hotelindian food
Reviewed 15 October 2009

Recent overnight stay. Firstly, good location and first initial impression, though no ramp observed to facilitate guests requiring wheelchair access (2 steps to hurdel to enter front door).
Front lobby has a contemporary modern feel, which i certainly liked. Reception staff were very well presented, professional and competent in their roles.

The room itself was a deluxe with a studio feel to it. Decor was bright and attractice, with a good size bath and shower with good quality high-end toileteries. Good quality comfortable bed too.

However, serious signs of "wear & tear" were suprisingly very evident as well as questionalble quality regarding some of the furniture (Ikea came to mind!).

Please note, the complimentary "mini-bar" is soft drinks only, so BYO booze! The room had wi-fi internet that was swift and included in the room price.

Gym had the usual equipment, though in a very confined space. Tried to go for a quick dip, however the pool was closed to guests as a pool-side private function was on. Most irritating to say the least.

Breakfast was taken outside the hotel, when one one considers the number and quality of eateries locally. Howver from what I read, the menu choice was the usual suspects and extortionally expensive to bout!

For me, a good experience overall. However, better is locally avaiable and more competitively priced. I'll be staying else where next time.

Cheers

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Rocketman1000000
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2009

Hi Rocketman1000000.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I am delighted that you did enjoy the overall service at Naumi.

We will definitely look into the wear & tear aspects highlighted.

I am happy that you have given us the opportunity to improve with your honest feedback.

Best wishes from the team.

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I wish I could unreservedly recommend the Naumi.

First, the good parts: the bed, shower, and size of rooms are excellent. The in-room facilities (we were in a deluxe room), and complimentary soft drinks are great, and the rates are pretty reasonable. The rooftop pool is just wonderful.

However, on the first night of our stay (when my boyfriend had just got off a 12 hour flight - he was spending 36 hours in Singapore before getting the same flight back) - we were woken up at 11pm by a staff member turning on the light and ushering another couple into our room. We were totally surprised, particularly as the staff just said 'Oh, sorry!' and slammed the door! When I sweetly mentioned what had happened the next morning at reception, I was met with blank, disbelieving looks and 'We will look into that.' We hoped for some kind of apology at some point during our stay but one never came.

Breakfast can be served either in the bar/lobby (which smells a bit hospital-like), so we ordered to the room. This cost $70. After 45 minutes, tiny portions of stone-cold eggs, dry cold toast and cold coffee arrived. They had completely forgotten the main part of the set breakfast, some chicken concoction. It was the kind of breakfast one might expect in a 2* Ibis, with butter in tiny tabs. When we sent it back, we got a suspicious chap who actually tested the coffee to make sure we were telling the truth. Very out-of-sorts, we got dressed and went next door to the Empire Cafe at Raffles where breakfast for both of us was $25. After that, we had breakfast in the bar/lobby every morning, which was far more decent and they even considerately put out asprins and vitamins.

To cut a long story short, in our experience, this is a good hotel for the business traveler looking for something less corporate in Singapore. It's smack bang in the business district which is central but there's nothing really around it (except Raffles, which just made me wish I was staying there).

Nuami is not set up for food at all, and doesn't quite live up to its proported luxury credentials. I'd spend a little bit more and go somewhere else if you want the real deal.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angel2001
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2009

Dear Angel2001

Thank you for your time on the feedback.

First & foremost, please allow to me extend my sincere apologies that we had a few faults let you down with expectations. Please be assured that I have personally spoken to the team to address the matter.

I am glad to know that you feel that Naumi is a good hotel for business travelers & you enjoyed the spacious room as well the infinity pool too.

I assure you that we will work diligently to improve on the shortcomings.

Thank you for your support & I hope you do give us another chance.

Reviewed 5 October 2009

We stayed at Naumi on our stopovers to and from Europe. We found the personalised service to be of an extremely high standard. Our late flights meant that we were well outside of the normal check out times but the hotel was happy to let us stay as long as we needed as our room was not being used. I have never come across this flexibility before, especially in the larger more corporate hotels.
The pool has a great view and although small was never crowded.
Both the Deluxe and Corporate rooms are very comfortable and quiet, with huge beds and large sofas.
The location was fine, a quick taxi or MRT ride to Orchard Road if needed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family

Hello Annac64 from Melbourne.

Thank you for your time on the feedback & your very kind words.

What a joy it was to read – above & beyond service & comfort. I am extremely delighted the team exercised flexibility & good judgment to ensure that good personalized service was delivered to you @ Naumi.

I am just as glad to know that you enjoyed the spacious room facilities as well the infinity pool. I do love the fantastic view myself.

Thank you for your generous support. Come back soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2009

Stayed in this hotel for three nights with my husband. The positives: Check in was quick and efficient and the reception staff was nice without being over-friendly. The room was large (got a deluxe room), the bed was very comfortable and the rooftop pool is excellent with an amazing view of Raffles Hotel and the city - definitely the highlight of the hotel. Wifi was fast and free, and the everything in the mini bar (a few softdrinks) were complimentary. The location was excellent, just right beside the Raffles Hotel and there are a lot of small restaurants nearby and walking distance to several malls.

But it's the little details that make a hotel truly a 'luxury' hotel, and unfortunately Naumi doesn't come up to standard. Firstly, some areas of the hotel are starting to look a bit worn, such as the furniture in the lobby/dining area (it's white so shows wear quite quickly), there were a lot of stains on the stone floor of the 4/F hallway (where we stayed, can't say if it's the same for all floors) when you step off the elevator. I notice these things quickly but even my husband who's quite relaxed about everything noticed it too! Secondly, the door to the staff room beside the elevator was kept open all the time, so basically you see cleaning supplies, etc and the staff hanging out there everytime you go to the elevator. It's not too bad but just a bit disconcerting, like seeing a visible pantyline on an otherwise gorgeously dressed woman.

Thirdly, our bathroom, although design wise was great, had black mold on the corners of the shower! The area rug in the room also had a few stains and was starting to look worn. Lastly, given that the hotel is not that well known and empty cabs don't usually pass the street, I called the front desk in advance for them to call a cab for me so it arrives at a certain time. I got down to the lobby and the front desk staff only called for a taxi right then! So I was late for the event I had to go to.

So if you just need to stay in a 'nice' hotel that's in a good location in Singapore, I would recommend Naumi, but just don't expect "luxury" details one would see in a usual SLH rated hotel. If you want a real luxury boutique hotel, I recommend you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Hello junebug75.

Thank you for your time writing the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities in your spacious room and your overall stay. Great to know that complimentary mini-bar & wifi was to your liking as well.

You will be pleased to know that the stains have been removed and the other shortcomings are being looked into.

I am sorry about the taxi incident as our Staff had to attend to another guest immediately after your request and the call for the taxi got delayed.

Thank you for the 3 nights support. I do hope to see you back @ Naumi.

Reviewed 2 October 2009

Nice contemporary hotel with friendly staff. The view from the rooftop pool is great, overlooking the city skyline and Formula One track

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends

Hi there eaglepie.

Thank you for your support & time writing the feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay @ Naumi and especially thank you for the compliment on the infinity pool view. It is my favourite place @ Naumi.

See you back @ Naumi soon.