“Very pleasant experience”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #111 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Although this hotel is not located adjacent to the popular Boat Quay on the river bank or facing the harbour, the access to the MTR just across the road makes all public transport very easy and quick.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jesper M
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear Jesper M, it was a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay with us. As you say our location makes access to all parts of Singapore very easy. Thank you, Gary Moran.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed 28 March 2013

A nice hotel with a small swimming pool.
The service is very good, it is very safe, and apparently the resto as well.Indeed friday evening the resto is full. A good place for a diner. The breakfast is various.
Close to the hotel you have a quarter with a lot of shops, and restos (you cross the road in using the bridge).
If you have time you can walk to the city, it is not so far.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear Franck91310, many thanks for finding the time to post your feedback as regards your stay with us in July last year. It is always very nice to receive such positive comments both in terms of the hotel location and the service we provide. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Hotel was very good. Singapore is overall quite expensive so comparatively rate is also very good. Value for money... Location is perfect.. variety of Indian food easily available in walking distance.. In proper market area.. I simply enjoyed my stay in this hotel..

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Dear Sneha111, thank you so much for your very kind words as regards your stay here at the hotel last November. You clearly took advantage of our excellent location. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

We have checked in only today i.e 26th March 2013 and the check in experience was just horrific.
Travelling with daughters and wife and this type of attitude not at all thought of in Singapore where people are just very good, Verr very rude staff and even one was pointing to his name badge and almost threatening us to complain against him. Praying to God that the next four nights turns out nice,
Madhusudan Ajitsaria

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Madhusudan66

Dear Madhusudan66, I was very disappointed to read your comments. I understand that this was in connection with the availability of a connecting room. I do hope that overall you had a very enjoyable stay with us. Kind regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stay here every time we visit Singapore. It is next door to Mustafa's and Little India so easy access to shopping and food. Service is good and quality of the room was good, however starting to show wear.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AshisAus
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Dear AshisAus, I was very pleased to read your positive comments, particularly that you stay with us every time you are in Singapore. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post your feedback and for your continued custom. Kind regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

I love Singapore...the food, the shopping, the civilization of it all, but I've had my fair share of overpriced, overrated accommodations in Asia, and ParkRoyal fits just the bill.

We stayed here, not by choice, but as part of an organized event chosen by a travel agency. Our first night, the hotel was completely booked; therefore, our nonsmoking option was not an option. So, the smell of the smoking floor and smoking room instantly put me in negative mode, especially since we were three generations traveling.

We had requested a family room but we ended up with a small (I think they call it deluxe) room with two twin (not the usual Asian twin and a half) beds and a roll-away shoved into the corner against the grungy curtains. They made no effort to remove the furniture, so the room was overcrowded with three of us in it and additional furniture, not to mention they actually charge S$80/night for this "upgrade."

Rather than go off on all kinds of negative tangents, here's a list of why I gave it 2/5, my lowest rating to date for a hotel:
-smoking room--unacceptable when traveling with a child
-overcharged for extra bed in an already crowded room
-rooms in desperate need of remodeling--dated furniture, curtains, and carpets, really grungy carpeting and curtains
-roll away didn't have any kind of mattress pad between mattress and sheet--yuck!
-mildew and body hair in the shower (time for new grout)
-unhelpful staff overall--there were a few friendly staff, so I shouldn't generalize, but one very unhappy concierge and several unhappy front desk staff and even more unhappy restaurant staff
-breakfast buffet was fair, ambience was cafeteria-like
-location...there is much better in Singapore.

Honestly, shop around. Check out hotel deals. My favorite place to stay in Singapore is The Intercontinental, and you can get some great rates. Had the service or even the pool area been a bit nicer, I might have given this a 3/4 (like I did Traders in Singapore because they have a lovely pool and breakfast area).

I won't be returning nor will I recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Heather S

Dear Hongkong P, as you would expect I am of course very, very disppointed to read your feedback and particularly the heading. I can understand your frustration as clearly there were many aspects of your stay which you were not at all happy with. I am very sorry that we did not leave you with a better impression. You will see from many other reviews that in the main we do deliver much better service but I will share your thoughts with my team, who I know will be as disappointed as I am. Kind regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I stayed in hotel in business. It is near to Little India and subway station. There is a new shopping mall (City Square ) opposite the hotel. However, it is nothing much as it is still new. There are BreadTalk, Sushi Tei, Fast Food, at least you have some choices for dining.

The hotel service is great and efficient. The meeting is cold and nice arrangement.

Overall the hotel is comfortable to stay. However, there were kids running around the corridor, so it was a bit noisy late night. I smell a very light hair smell on the pillows, unsure whether they change it often.

The wifi is provided everywhere in hotel boundaries, it is great for business.

The breakfast is ordinary, if you stay more than 1 day, you will feel not much choice but still filling.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear ShaneLean, thank you for sharing your thoughts as regards your recent stay with us. I was particularly pleased with your comments as regards service overall, the meeting arrangements and the wifi availability. I have also noted a few areas of possible improvement.
Thanks again, Gary Moran.