“Nice hotel, great spot, very good service”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #92 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Vienna, Austria
“Nice hotel, great spot, very good service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel, very close to the MRT station which brings you directly into the citycenter. We enjoyed the location in middle of little india.
the rooms are big, the mattress was hard (what I like). we especially appreciated the service in the hotel, as they helped us several times. the service was very good. wifi free of charge in the whole hotel - which was nice.
There are all different cusines at the breakfast - starting from continental breakfast to all types of asian breakfast.
The pool of the hotel is very nice (7th floor if i remember correctly), but unfortunatly there is no bar at the pool, in order to have a cocktail while swimming and relaxing. The gym was quite good equipped.
We enjoyed our stay, and we will come back if in town...

Room Tip: we were in the 17th floor... it was very nice
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
SMoganasundram, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, your Trusted Local Companion.

Thank you for all your lovely comments towards our property. It will indeed be a pleasure to welcome you back. Do let me know of your future visitations, be it yourself or your guests, and please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can assure you of another memorable stay with us.

Thank you.

Mobile +65 8136 3172

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The reception staff are very helpful and they assist you with any of your requirements. The rooms are big and reasonably sized. It is just next to Mustafa market and the location itself is like a mini commercial area with money changers, 7 x 11 & plenty of Indian Restaurants. MRT is also at a walk able distance. Breakfast had ample variety. Coffee lovers can get their morning mojo from fresh beans grinded and brewed in form of latte, espresso or cappuccino.

Overall good location, great staff & good breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for pool side view. Its not that great but at least better than others.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SMoganasundram, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, Singapore. Your effort in posting a review of your experience is much appreciated. Thank you for all your complimentary words on our associates at the Front Desk. They are indeed our assets.

I do hope that Singapore continues to be a destination of choice for you and your family, and if so, please don’t hesitate to make your booking through me, so that I can assure you of another memorable hotel experience.

Sydney
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Ok hotel could do with a bit of a refurb but the staff where excellent and then location was good

Was impressed how the GM of the hotel was always hovering around the reception area helping out

The breakfast was great although felt slightly overpriced

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jamwie
SMoganasundram, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your review and positive rating on our service levels.

We look forward to welcoming you back, and I hope that you will use me as your contact point should you wish to return.

My sincere appreciation for your review.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the hotel from 31st July to 2nd Aug . Firstly rooms were superb , Location was the best as its 2 min walking distance from Mustafa market.. Superb ambiance Breakfast had variety of stuff and very nice service.. i suggest everybody should stay here its the best. Value for money.

1 Thank Aditya A
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, Singapore, your Trusted Local Companion.

I truly appreciate your very kind words, and am so pleased that we were able to provide you with a truly memorable experience. Thank you for all your lovely comments towards our property. It will indeed be a pleasure to welcome you back.

We look forward to giving you another memorable experience with us.

Thank you.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have never before experienced hotel staff who are so affable. Exceptional service in an extremely busy environment, thank you.

This hotel was booked for us by our Travel Agent, had we been aware of its proximity, we would have perhaps stayed elsewhere. We did find the area a little daunting. Having said that, the hotel itself is quite comfortable, and everything required was provided. We stayed in a superior room on the 6th floor so had a great view especially at night. The bed was a little uncomfortable akin to sleeping on a cement slab, but as we were only staying 2 nights and were at the end of our holiday, was not a huge problem. The room was mostly clean but perhaps a little worn. Finding several long strands of hair on the sheet under the doona was a bit off putting on the first night, but after 17 hours on a plane, you'll sleep anywhere!

If you don't mind the proximity (Little India) of this hotel, then I thoroughly recommend you consider booking.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 64sarahb64
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your complimentary review.

While you have rated our customer service very high, which I am truly appreciative of, I do apologize that the cleanliness was of concern. We will address these with the concerned team.

Please don't hesitate to connect with me via email or my mobile should you wish to return to stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, Singapore.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were travelling in a big group, booked several rooms, and divided our stay in 2 bookings because we went on a cruise in between. Arrived in Singapore, stayed for 1 night before we embarked, and had a great stay. Great room, great service, great location... We especially liked the location, as it was near an MRT station (a must), 24 hour shops, convenience stores and restaurants, and right in front of the City Square Mall. The bell boys and concierge were also very helpful. The room had confy bed and also roomy. We had an extra bed, but still plenty of space for my small daughter to run around.

After we came back from our cruise, we checked in again for another 3 night stay before we go back home. Me and my folks arrived first at the hotel and checked in. We were greeted by a not so friendly male receptionist. He wasn't rude or anything, but just seemed too 'professional', unlike the previous female receptionists we encountered. No problem for me. But as we checked in, I noticed that me and my parents were located on different floors, and both got twin beds instead of the big bed we requested in our bookings. As we were travelling with a small child, a big bed was important so we dont have to worry about the child rolling over, and being the same floor with my parents would allow them to sit for my child for awhile.
I kindly asked for a big bed and 2 rooms in the same floor but the receptionist said they weren't available. I also asked him to check for other rooms from my group's booking. He said their rooms were unassigned, but the rooms I requested weren't available. I guess there was nothing I could do.
The rest of our group arrived about 10 minutes later, and guess what, 2 of them were on the same floor with my parents (found out later, otherwise I would've switch room with them). We checked in around 8PM, so it wasn't a busy check out schedule for a sudden available room on certain floors. I guess the receptionist I got didn't feel like checking thoroughly at that time...

Overall it was a good stay though... If we had gotten what we requested, which obviously was possible, it would've been a much better experience.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corners are more spacious. Confirm your room request such as bedsize.
1 Thank ekowd
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your very detailed review on our property, and while you have enjoyed your stay with us, I am truly sorry about the conduct of the Receptionist on your second arrival, and the fact that you were not given what could have been arranged, and should have been arranged in advance.

These internal processes are indeed in place, however, sadly, not adhered to, which I will ensure is looked into to avoid such re-occurrences.

Meanwhile, thank you very much for all your other lovely comments and I would like to ask that you use me as a contact point should you wish to return or recommend friends/family to stay at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, Singapore.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Have stayed before here, both before and after renovations.
Close to MRT (Farrer Park) and across the road from a reasonably recently built mall. Next door to Mistaffa' shopping centre which is a must visit.
Some of the people around are a bit dodgy being in little India. Seems that being a westerner was a problem for some.
Air conditioner set centrally and cannot be varied in room. Was set too high and bed has a doona with no sheet - hot enough in Singapore as is without this

Room Tip: Go for club room if you can, worth the extra and you don't have to wait in the VERY noisy ground...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rama1
SMoganasundram, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor.
First and foremost, allow me to sincerely apologize for the Air-conditioning amongst other areas of concern as you have highlighted. With regards to the bed and the "Doona" or Duvet, there must be bed sheets below, and I am truly sorry if this wasn't the case, as it is certainly not a standard set up for the Hotel. I will be sure to investigate the said set up, and address this immediately.
I do thank you for also highlighting the positive as in the Orchid Club
Once again, my utmost appreciation for your review.
Don't hesitate to contact me should you need a contact point for PARKROYAL on Kitchener, Singapore.
Sincerely with thanks,