“Average Hotel”

Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #107 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I went to this Hotel in June 2014. Not sure if it is just timing or it is always like this. The hotel lobby was too noisy and always full of people as if it was a train station. There were people sleeping for hours in the lobby room. Choices were limited in breakfast. It was feeling hot at times even with the aircon on.

Good things about the hotel: Finding a taxi in the lobby was the easiest thing. Rooms were decent and clean. Wifi worked allright.

I have seen better 4 star hotels than this hence the rating of 3.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Viral C

Thank you for the review.

We are usually busy in the month of June, being the school term break for most schools as well as the Great Singapore Sale and other big events happening in Singapore.

Some of our guest prefer to wait for specific rooms or just happen to arrive earlier than the official check in time of 2pm. We do have our Club floor rooms and suites that allow our guest to have an early check in or late departure, which includes a private dining area for breakfast, tea, cocktails in the evening and many more benefits that will definitely accommodate most travelers’ needs.

We look forward to your return visit and please do check out our Club package.

kaur@fareast.com.sg

Write a ReviewReviews (2,425)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I came here expecting something great since it belongs to good chain of hotels.I was a transfer guest from Village hotel Bugis.The list of little things that went wrong is long, suffice it to say that I got a very clear snob treatment and facedvstep motherly attitude.
First I was downgraded to standard rooms inspite of having booked deluxe rooms.Then I got delayed response from the management who agreed to change my rooms.This happened after consistently calling the management on both ends.Very tiring.
I thought that was the end of my trouble but the hotel staff punished us at every step.They even scrutinised my signature on the room service receipt and called me up to find out why I sign only my first name.It was hilarious but bothersome.
The wi fi was limited.The staff was mostly rude and said that they would charge for extra spoons and plates and yes also extra charges for more butter or jam.

After having complained to the hotel by email I finally got some soothing response but my holiday had been ruined.

Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com
1  Thank 124Sparkle

Dear 124Sparkle

Thank you for the review and we do apologise for not meeting your expectations. The service you experienced was not in line with our standards.

Our intention during your arrival was to ensure that you were accommodated in interconnecting rooms with your family, in which only the superior category was available. We managed to move you to the deluxe connecting rooms the following day, upon availability.

We acknowledge our miscommunication, resulting in charging for the extra items from the room service menu. We did however, remove the charges totaling $74 from your final bill. In addition, we accorded you and your family a complimentary limousine to the airport, for your departure, for the inconvenience.

We do hope that you will allow us to host you on your next visit to Singapore and invite you to contact me directly for your next reservations.

We look forward to being given a chance to make things right.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed at Orchard Parade Hotel for two nights, the hotel just walking distance from subway and all the shopping malls, however I stayed on the 9th Floor but at night I can heard the music from bar across the street. But overall, I have a pleasant stayed there. The choices of breakfast was good but the staffs were very courteous, helpful and professional. Good Value and Good location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Dechavut

Thank you for the review.

We are glad that you experienced our hospitality and that you had a pleasant stay. Our location is ideal for anyone visiting Singapore as it is at the tip of Orchard Road and has easy access to all modes of transportation.

The selection at breakfast is varied on daily basis and are glad that you enjoyed it.

We look forward to seeing you soon at Orchard Parade Hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights and stayed at the premiere room. I was on a family vacation and this is the first time for me to stay at this hotel.

The overall stay at this hotel is very good. The lobby is very big. There are comfortable sofas where we can chat. There are three restaurants and a bar, so there are many food we can choose. A restaurant sell steak, other sell pizza, and other sell Chinese cuisine. The swimming pool is located in the 6th floor, and it is quite big. I think the facilities of this hotel meets the standard of a four stars hotel. The room is quite big, but is is quite old. The furniture is not old but the room is. But even though the room is old, it is clean. The room is very comfortable. There is a balcony where you can get fresh air, and the spacious room makes you be very comfortable. Nothing is broken in the room, but I think that if the room is renovated, it makes the room even better that the present one. The hotel location is good. It is located near the famous Orchard Road. The malls are all walking distance from the hotel, and the MRT station is located in ION Orchard, which is a 10 minutes walk from the hotel. I think the price of the room is not expensive. We got free wifi during the whole stay, the location is very good, the room is big, and the facilities and services is very good.

So, the overall stay here for me is very good. I think the hotel need to renovate the hotel to make the hotel better. I would definitely recommend the hotel to other people.

2  Thank Janyeremia

Dear Janyeremia

Thank you for the detailed review on Orchard Parade Hotel.

You may like to know that we have embarked on upgrading our property and it is ongoing. We do appreciate your acknowledgement on our facilities, location, staff and restaurants that are available at Orchard Parade Hotel.

Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you soon in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I would like to extend my thanks to Mr John Umali, Guest Services Executive who extended not just excellent 5 star service, but did so with the utmost care, going far beyond his duty. We had lost our baggage and arrived with nothing but the clothes we had on, I was so stressed, he went about handling every aspect of our stay, following up the airline and our room service and helped us with advise to find clothes.
His care and concern and excellent service made our troubles seem not so bad.
His ability to deal with the trouble we had as well as attending to us was the absolute best, truly a Five Star Service.
I would also like to thank Mr Eric Rager,Hotel Assistant Manager,Mohd Yusof, Senior Assistant Manager, Karamjit Kaur Rooms Devision Manager who all showed concern for our plight and were also excellent in their service.
When we got our room on the 23rd June Junaidah was sent to our room to help us with a Singapore connection for my husbands Sleep Apnia Machine. She was so helpful and with a smile and no trouble at all after making several trips found what we needed. Again her service was 5 star and gave that excellent service with a very happy smile.
Overall the room was great,clean and roomy with plenty of pillows. The breakfast and dining facilities were also excellent and also the dining room staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Carol D

John and the team were happy to have had the privilege to be of assistance to you during you stay with us at Orchard Parade Hotel.

We are glad that things worked out and that you have your baggage delivered to you promptly. We appreciate your acknowledgement on our care and services, including our dining options.
Do contact us, should you require any further assistance or in making your next booking.

We do wish you the best and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the orchard parade hotel for a night and it was a beautiful experiance. I arrived at the hotel in the morning, and was very warmly greeted by John who was manning the front desk. John assured me that he would give me a room in an hour and sure enough i was given a pool view room within an hour. John also gave me details of the local eating places i wished to visit, and details of other sight seeing areas. I was travelling alone and felt very comfortable and welcomed at the hotel.

My husband and i are planning to visit Singapore soon, and i would definitely be staying at the Orchard Parade.

It's convenient location also helps you to come back and dump your shopping bags and hit the shops again :)))))).....

Sumona S

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
KaramjitKaur, Manager at Orchard Parade Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear sumonashrinagesh

John is humbled to have a special mention in your review. His passion for hospitality is clearly seen in his work and the wonderful praise he receives on a daily basis.

We are happy to know that you felt comfortable and welcomed, especially when travelling alone. We look forward to your return with your husband soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

location is very good..enterance lobby beautiful.. the staff at reception excellent..checkin very fast with all the detailed explanations..rooms very comfortable.. with all the amenities..wifi good speed in the morning but gets little slower towards the day..good swimming pool..and the most important..all the staff..housekeeping..room service.. restraunts...excellent..very courteous..helpful and professional..and the lastly the bar is good..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear sachinsengar

Thank you for appreciating our Staffs effort to ensure your stay was a memorable one.
Our location is ideally located at the tip of Orchard Road, a five minute stroll past popular Malls, to the MRT train station. We are glad that you had time to enjoy the facilities, restaurants and bar in the hotel too.

We look forward to your next visit soon.