“Nice stay for my nephew wedding”

PARKROYAL on Beach Road
Ranked #81 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel on 14 Jun as my nephew is holding his wedding in the hotel . The room is spacious and with free wifi. Bathtub very clean and neat bed waiting for me after a long day after the dinner. Location just now with many local food , especially the Bak Kut The which I will always visit when I passed by beach. Thank You park royal to make my stay so memorable .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear jume08,

Thank you for your favourable review. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us.
I would like to welcome you back soon.

David Donald

Write a ReviewReviews (2,571)

i stayed there for 4 days, overall experience was OK,

the room was quite spacious, the bedding was nice, but it's a no smoking hotel, so it's quite a problem for me,

during my stay, i have some trouble with the aircon but they fixed it right away, so it wasn't a big problem,
the breakfast is so so, i would expect more variety of foods
the location is OK near to the Bugis Junction, you can just walk there, in front of the hotel there are also some restaurants, i think there's a famous prawn noodle there. basically this hotel is more convinient to reach by taxi, the nearest mrt station is at the bugis junction

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr Temmy W,

Your feeback is very much appreciated. For your kind information, both Bugis and Nicoll Highway mrt stations are less than 10 minutes away from the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with PARKROYAL on Beach Road. It has been our pleasure to have hosted you and I look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Not that it was bad by any means but the bathroom was beyond tired. We were told rooms were being renovated BUT at night ! The noise above our room on Friday night we initially thought was zealous party goers & went through till after midnight. Again on Saturday night when we complained. Didn't occur again.
Little things like having to replace our entry room cards twice (our relative did hers 3 times). The promise from the concierge to send up a bus timetable never eventuated. Like I say little things but as a returning customer I didn't feel special.
Still I'd stay there again as we find the location so convenient. A new spa has opened up just across the footbridge which has some great opening specials. The girls found a very good hawker centre turn right as you exit the hotel 5-6 min walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John N

Dear Mr John N,

Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with the relevant Head of Departments so as to address areas of concern. On your next trip to Singapore, please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Rooms, Herlin Leman at herlin.leman@parkroyalhotels.com. Herlin will be more than happy to assist you and ensure you a memorable hotel experience. My sincere apologies for the the inconvenience caused during your stay.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is moden, beautiful decor, room is spacious, pool and other facilities of high standard. Unlke other reviewers I was not impressed by the location too far away from shopping centres and restaurants, too far to walk that is. The contrast between this hotel and the other side of the road, the Arab district did not appeal to me for eating out etc.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms ask for one close to lifts
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DDej
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear DDej,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. For your kind information, both Bugis and Nicoll Highway MRT stations are less than 10 minutes walk from our hotel and is easily accessible to shopping areas like Marina Square and Orchard road.

Thank you once again for staying with PARKROYAL on Beach Road. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel have a nice room and suit on a nice location, staff are friendly and provide an fast service.

Hotel provide selections of F&B service and nice food, as well as various local restaurant nearby.

Wifi are complimentary both in room and hotel public area with a good speed.

Recommend for all type of traveller.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Wistin,

Thank you for choosing to stay with PARKROYAL on Beach Road Singapore! I would like to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the moment we arrived,weary from an all day flight we were welcomed by all staff.we booked the Orchid Club room which I would highly recommend,although no kids allowed on these floors. The Orchid Club meant upon arrival being whisked up to our own check in on 4 th floor, as well as a quieter,smaller breakfast buffet as well as free drinks ( beer,wine,spirits..no bubbly) and finger food between 6-8pm.We found this extremely good value when we discovered how expensive alcohol is in Singapore.The brekky certainly is perfect for anyone not keen on a busy buffet.We could however,still eat at the larger Buffett brekky downstairs if we preferred.We ate at both and they were great,with sufficient choices of hot and cold selections.coffee at Orchid Club was better though.The 2 hrs of cocktails and finger food was very generous with beautiful options that changed nightly incl. sushi,dumplings,spring rolls, prawns,cheeses,crackers,fruit and noodles. We found that we did not need dinner afterwards. The pool area is amazing with views,a plentiful supply of comfy couches and sunbeds and a bar that also had a food menu.the gym well equipped and open 24/7.It is an easy walk to the MRT train station Nicholl Highway station) which links you quickly and cheaply to Singapores highlights .(also goes to airport)..The service was incredibly helpful..I could not fault this hotel.But what I loved most of all was the location.. directly opposite the fascinating , colourful lane ways (incl. Haji Lane) of the area called Kampong Glam..boutique shopping,mosque,mini supermarkets,fabric shops (OMG!!) restaurants,bars etc.I felt very safe exploring these lane ways and we feel like we got to experience another wonderful side of Singapore that may be missed if you must stay around Orchid Road or Marina Bay Sands touristy hotspots.Highly recommend this hotel for a few days to experience something a little different!

Room Tip: Our room faced the main road but was surprisingly quiet..no road noise.could hear faintly chanting c...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear angelalGeelong,

I am very happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip while staying with us. Thank you for your favourable review. I look forward to your next stay with PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Pros: Convenient location, close to two different MRT stops and right across the street from Arab District, with lots of great coffee shops and middle eastern cuisine. Rooms are spacious for Asian standards and pool & fitness area is adequate. Sheets and bed are comfortable.

Cons: Very sterile environment that almost borders on dated and dark. Employees are efficient but seem in a hurry and add no personal touch whatsoever. I didn't feel like a welcomed guest. But that could just be Singapore in general. I was upgraded to a room on the Club level but the employees made it clear I was not able to use the club lounge - which made it awkward since I had to walk past it going to/from elevator.

My room apparently also did not include breakfast, so I went down and tried it out anyway, albeit for $37 SGD price. The breakfast is very very average in terms of other breakfasts at hotels in SE Asia of all price points.

I've traveled a lot around SE Asia and other parts of the world and I usually write favorable reviews. In this case, I can only say this hotel is very average and you could probably find something better in the area. That said, it is clean and gets the job done!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank issek1973
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear issek1973,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for your comment on the service level provided by our Associates. Rest assured that we are treating this issue with utmost importance, hence the relevant Manager will review the training programme so as to make improvements. Thank you once again for your feedback. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.