“Nice location for walking”

PARKROYAL on Beach Road
Ranked #70 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and I had my wife with me on this occasion as it was a birthday present for her. We booked a room on the Orchid Club floor and the is where we checked in. This was quick and easy and our room was very clean and comfortable (I would advise asking for a room on the front of the hotel as the view at the back is pretty dreary). The Orchid Lounge provides free drinks and snacks between 6.00pm and 8.00pm and considering the price of alcohol in Singapore this helps towards lowering your costs if you want to drink. Hotel is in walking distance of Raffles Hotel and Little India and there are some relatively cheap bars/restaurants across the road. The downstairs bar seems to cater exclusively for Japanese tourists as they are in there every evening either ballroom dancing or some other form of dance night - this is a little annoying as there is no chance of having a conversation as the music is so loud.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group
1  Thank Mark T
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Mark T,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL on Beach Road

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very handy from all the major shopping attractions in Singapore.Easy walking distance from most shops and easy to go anywhere with taxi.Restaurant around are abundant with great choices.The hotel in itself is very correct.Unfortunatly for us our room is in front of elevators and on the main road.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main road.Facing the ferry wheel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Patrick C,

Thank you for staying with PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore. For your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact our Director of Rooms, Herlin Leman at herlin.leman@parkroyalhotels.com. Herlin will be more than happy to assist you in your room reservation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is just fine as nothing nearby the hotel. Going to interesting places need to take a cab. However a lot of eatery nearby and a lot of night life. Room is big compare with other hotel in Singapore. Bed is comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Ngukw88,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your recent stay with PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore. It has been our pleasure to have hosted you and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great inner city location. Two MRT stations very close. Suntec Towers just a short walk away. Bed is comfy enough. Outdoor balcony is quite nice. But a minor detail just grinds my gears!! The toilets are a pathetic design. They cannot flush "stuff". And there is no toilet brush to help tidy up. Maybe I need to change my diet?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Dear abudhabidave,

Thank you for staying with PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore. Rest assured that your feedback on the flushing system has been noted. This issue has been brought to the immediate attention of our Chief Engineer who will look into their preventive maintenance processes.
Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and our team will continue to strive towards achieving excellence in product quality. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed for 4nights at this hotel,before going to Phuket,.
The hotel was very clean and comfortable to stay at, we enjoyed how central is was for food and shopping.
The swimming pool was great after a day of sight seeing.
We went to Universal studios at Sentosa,it was not what we thought it would be,it was very hot and humid and we headed to the food outlets to cool down,basically it was one big ride park,and unless you queued up to go on them you did not see very much.
Next day we went to the indoor garden domes they were amazing,and that night we went to the night safari out near the Singapore Zoo,which was really busy with very long congested queues
mostly enjoyable,something we probably would do again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Deirdre G

Dear Deirdre G,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road, Singapore. I am glad that you had enjoyed yourself while staying with us. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with the hotel team as a whole. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This has got the be my best stay ever in Singapore and ill definitely return in my next trip! I tried to find the cons for this hotel but i couldnt find any...it was that good for me and im very satisfied with this hotel offerings.

Pros:
i) Best price compared to other hotel in the city centre of similar range
ii) Central location with an MRT station 200m away, many restaurants and foodstalls at the Kg Glam area and the cultural centre is located therein
iii)Spacious room, airy and modern design and furnishing and the bathroom is well stocked with amenities with large comfortable beds
iv)Friendly staffs who were all smiles and attentive
v) Wonderful view overlooking the Marina Bay Sands
vi) Spacious gym and picturesque pool area with beautifully decorated landscape

Cons:
-none-

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear KayTon83,

Thank you for your positive review! I certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here for four nights and it was comfortable.

Location: Approximately S$20 taxi ride from the airport, across from the Arab street, and only 7 mins walk to the nearest subway station. I arrived on Sunday moring (actually Saturday late around 2am) and enjoyed nice walk to the Arab Street for some food and fun sightseeing on Sunday. I took a subway to the ION shopping mall and it was easy walk to the station from the hotel.

Service: I arrived a little past midnight and there were a couple of people at the front desk. After traveling more than 24 hours by airplane, it would have been nice if someone was there at the door to open the heavy front door for me, but can't ask too much for arriving at midnight hour. Front desk spoke okay English, it was difficult to understand as my brain was tired. Next morning after some rest, it was easier to understand their English.

Breakfast: My stay plan included daily breakfast buffet. It is always fun to try all kinds of food from different countries. They have what others in the region (any south east Asia) hotel offered. Everything was good, I tried different food every day I was there. My wish will be to have more different kinds of fresh fruit. Traveling could be exhausting. Having been able to get more vitamins from fresh food is helpful.

Room: it was clean. I think they went through some renovation considering how old this hotel might be. Since I took only one adapter plug, I had to charge my electronics one at a time. I see more hotels have USB charger (plug) in their room, and it would have been nice to be able to charge some electronics with USB charger.

Overall, this was a good hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hamham730,

Thank you for making PARKROYAL on Beach Road your choice hotel. Rest assured that your feedback has been brought to the immediate attention of the relevant department heads. Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to address the issues concerned. It has been our pleasure to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.