As soon as I had handed my passport to the check-in staff, I was escorted to a private check-in table at the 6th floor. It was late in the evening and I was tired from all the meetings earlier, so it was nice not to be waiting in the crowded lobby. Especially when my room was not ready. So I waited at the executive lounge while being apologised to profusely and was promised a free upgrade. It took them less than 10 minutes to get my room ready, at which time I was winding down with a glass of beer and watching the news.
The executive room I had was clean. A major plus point which would see me back here for future business stay is the fresh air in the room. No mustiness or cigarette smoke smells to be found. I also had a plate of chocolate truffles (dark and milk chocolate...yums) on the study table. The toilet is spacious with glass windows as a wall.
Staying in the executive floor gave me the option of having breakfast at the executive lounge. Less variety compared to the full breakfast buffet on the first floor, but sufficient for a healthy breakfast. Plus, it was quieter and there was no need to search for an empty table amidst the hustle and bustle of throngs of hungry guests.
This hotel is very near a plethora of hip streets filled with restaurants and boutique shops.
The nearest MRT (subway) station is probably at Bugis Junction, a 10 minute walk.
I did not bring my sports gear this time, so did not make a stop at the gym.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discerning travellers will enjoy the hospitality and warmth of our 346 rooms and suites. Spacious yet intimate, this Singapore accommodation is perfect for relaxing after a busy day of getting to know the city. Take in the charming views of quaint shophouses and ethnic shophouses from your room. For your utmost comfort, you'll find a range of handy amenities for all your needs - enjoy the in-room entertainment, which includes cable channels and complimentary in-house movie channels, or share the best of your day with family and friends via high-speed broadband Internet access. Let us pamper you whenever you stay in PARKROYAL's stylish hotel rooms in Singapore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your PARKROYAL on Beach Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Hotel Singapore
- Parkroyal On Beach Road Singapore
- Park Royal Singapore
- Park Royal Hotel Singapore