“Good executive room service”

PARKROYAL on Beach Road
Ranked #69 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good executive room service”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

As soon as I had handed my passport to the check-in staff, I was escorted to a private check-in table at the 6th floor. It was late in the evening and I was tired from all the meetings earlier, so it was nice not to be waiting in the crowded lobby. Especially when my room was not ready. So I waited at the executive lounge while being apologised to profusely and was promised a free upgrade. It took them less than 10 minutes to get my room ready, at which time I was winding down with a glass of beer and watching the news.

The executive room I had was clean. A major plus point which would see me back here for future business stay is the fresh air in the room. No mustiness or cigarette smoke smells to be found. I also had a plate of chocolate truffles (dark and milk chocolate...yums) on the study table. The toilet is spacious with glass windows as a wall.

Staying in the executive floor gave me the option of having breakfast at the executive lounge. Less variety compared to the full breakfast buffet on the first floor, but sufficient for a healthy breakfast. Plus, it was quieter and there was no need to search for an empty table amidst the hustle and bustle of throngs of hungry guests.

This hotel is very near a plethora of hip streets filled with restaurants and boutique shops.

The nearest MRT (subway) station is probably at Bugis Junction, a 10 minute walk.

I did not bring my sports gear this time, so did not make a stop at the gym.

3 Thank Leechy78
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Leechy78,

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for making PARKROYAL on Beach Road your choice hotel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

David Donald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location and the orchid club makes the stay very enjoyable, especially when you're on a working trip. The staff in the Orchid Club are professional and friendly. Farelynn was always prompt with service and no request ever seemed too much trouble. Always very helpful.

2 Thank Tass55
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Tass55,

We are glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your positive review, our team will continue to strive towards service excellence to ensure guests' satisfaction. We are happy to have you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cartagena, Spain
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staffs are all well mannered and trained. They are efficient in handling reservations and check in matters.Even though it is only a short stay for Company's meeting, I have enjoyed my stay at ParkRoyal Hotel on Beach Road.

1 Thank Biking6268
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Biking6268,

Thank you for your favourable review! I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us. It has been our pleasure to have hosted you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Comfortable room and bed, OK size for Singapore - so not spacious but not a shoebox either. Breakfast was ordinary. There was only 1 ring at the egg-station, so it was a long wait for the omelette. The front desk needs to improve - check-in was smooth, but the morning newspaper that was asked for failed to appear, and there was a long wait for check-out as there was no general queue line - you stood behind someone, and it was your bad luck if that person took a long time compared to the other lines.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear yss97,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road Singapore.

I appreciate your valuable feedback. Rest assured that your comments have been brought to the immediate attention of our Restaurants, Bars & Events Manager and Director of Rooms. Both heads of department will address areas of concern and make improvements. It has been our pleasure to have hosted you and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I found this hotel extremely overpriced. The rooms are quite small, the beds are not very comfortable, the corridor and rooms smell of cigarette smoke at night despite it being a non smoking room/floor.

The air-conditioning did not work either. When this was reported to the hotel staff they didn't seem to care much as if this is a common issue that would not be resolved or dealt with.

I would recommend choosing another property over this, there are many for the same or lower price that exceed this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Pan Pacific Hotels Group

Dear Duncan O,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road Singapore!

Rest assured that your feedback has not been taken lightly. Our Chief Engineer has been tasked to review the hotel's Preventive Maintenance Program so as to avoid such incidents in the future. I would like to apologise for the service shortfall and hope that the unpleasant incidents have not deterred you from choosing to stay with us again. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 13 August 2014

After an 11 hour flight from NZ, we were very impressed to walk into Park Royal and were looking forward to unpacking, changing and heading out but unfortunately even though check in was at 2pm and we didn't arrive until till 6:30pm, our room wasn't ready. There was some issue with the lights but they offered to upgrade us to a better room however it only had single beds (we are travelling as a couple) we declined this offer and they invited us to relax in the tea room with a complimentary green tea and that she would come collect us when the room was ready. After waiting for half an hour we went back to the reception to enquire about the room as our previous lady was not there only to be told that our room was ready which was disappointing as we should have been advised as soon as it was ready. Made our way to the room and it was nice with a nice outlook of the lane ways across the road (Arab and Bali Streets) quickly got changed and headed out the door. We checked out the pool which was awesome especially since it's open till 10pm so we were able to go have dinner and wander around and then come back for a swim. Beautiful view of the Singapore Ferris wheel and Marina Bay Sands from the pool. Prices are expensy for the cocktails however. Nice big comfy beds and blackout curtains which are great for a sleep in. All in all, it's a good place to stay, very convenient to get to Bugis Street, the lane ways are fun with lots of places to shop and eat at and the hotel is clean and well looked after. Would recommend walking to Clarke Quay after 5pm as there are a lot of bars and fun restaurants on the water.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah A
GM_PRSIN, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Beach Road, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Sarah A,

Greetings from PARKROYAL on Beach Road Singapore! I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. However, your feedback on your check-in experience has not been taken lightly. Rest assured that our Director of Rooms has been tasked to look into the processes. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014

It was a staycation for us and I would say the experience was pleasurable and satisfying. Upon check in at about 4pm, we were told that we were upgraded 2 categories up, from a deluxe room to a premier room with a view of Arab Street. The difference was mainly that premier rooms are located at higher floors with better in-room amenities such as bathrobes but the sizes of the rooms still remain the same. I would say the staff there are pretty friendly and nice. They are more than willing to help us with our questions, usually with a smile. Back at the hotel, it is directly linked to a mall with a few convenience shops and a mama shop. The hotel pool is nice with a great view and do try out the dining by the pool. The satays were not bad! Right across the road, there's Arab street with great turkish food and a fun nightlife. We tried a bah ku teh shop for dinner which was not bad too. All in all, I did enjoy the whole experience, what with the amount of money that I've paid. Compared with other hotels in the vicinity, I would say this is a grab! But do be reminded again, that the rooms are indeed quite old-.-

Room Tip: A view of the Arab street is not bad too:)