“Right where you want to be, Hilton is a warranty” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #61 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Savona, Italy
“Right where you want to be, Hilton is a warranty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

This Hilton is placed at the heart of Singapore, on Orchard Rd; then, all you need is basically at walking distance or within a few minutes taxi ride.
I've been warmly welcomed and pleased to find a hotel wich still offer smoking rooms !
The room totally met the expectations: right size, fully equipped, clean. Maybe the bathroom could be a bit bigger...
nice pool on the roof and gym, great restaurant Il Cielo
only one disappointment on the very poor wifi connection in the room (the public access in the lounge was ok)... intermittent, continuously dropping... one of my colleagues had exactly the same problem in his room.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Vecchio59,

Thank you for taking the time to review Hilton Singapore. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our rooms and facilities met with your expectations.

We are sorry for the erratic WiFi access that you experienced during your stay and have taken steps to ensure that the connection quality is at its best.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Alain Mahillon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Just spent 5 nights at the Hilton Singapore. Was on the CLUB floor which had very pleasant rooms. Service is good and done in a friendly manner. The Italian restaurant is good but ensure you have a booking as it does not have too many tables. This Hotel is ideal for the shopper as it is right in the middle of Orchard Road.

Room Tip: Get a high room --- Book a club room as the club area is excellent with free breakfast and free drin...
Dear Peter D,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore.

We are delighted that our service, Executive Lounge and Il Cielo highlighted your experience with us. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Singapore.

Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We arrived back in Singapore from a wonderful trip to Borneo with excellent service to stay 4 days at the Hilton on Orchard Road. The idea was a shopping trip with my daughter and to see some of the sights of Singapore. We arrived to find our room comfortable but not as good as I had expected. After finding our that there was no free wi-fi in the room (payment $25SGD per day) we proceeded to the lobby to use the public free wi-fi. My daughter & I sat there for awhile contacting our family/friends when the Lobby Manager made us feel incredibly uncomfortable. He continued to stare at us and at one point I thought he was going to come over and ask us to leave as I am sure in his mind we had just come in off the street to make use of the hotels free wi fi in the lobby. This man did see us take the lift up to our room and saw us several times throughout our stay but not once did he greet us or smile. We were very disappointed in the quality of the room I would have expected more from a 5 star hotel. We tried and tried to turn the bath/shower tap on in our room on the first night and had to end up getting maintenance to loosen it for us. He said that it had become tight because it hadn't been used in awhile. So I take it we got given a cheaper style room because we used an Internet deal? We still paid what I consider very good money for the room we got and it was by no means cheap. Throughout our stay we also were to be given 2 free bottles of water daily but we had to ask for this. Whenever we contacted anyone it felt like we were being a burden. I also paid $8.00 for a coffee in the lobby & was given take away made from a cafe bar style coffee machine which was undrinkable. A place like this should at least have a decent coffee machine. I must say that I have never been to a hotel of this calibre before and felt so unwelcome. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Not sure I would have thought we had a good room - superior twin but obviously it's bottom of th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank blondescubadiver
Dear blondescubadiver,

I am sorry to read of your disappointment in your recent experience with us. I wish to assure you that your feedback is important to us and I have discussed your points at length with my team members, who sincerely regret the discomfort that you felt during your stay.

We agree with you that respect and a positive, professional attitude are essential to delivering the high standards of service that is expected of a Hilton hotel. We have taken steps forward to ensure that those high standards are properly executed, from our service and amenities to the coffee that we serve.

My Food and Beverage team is addressing your comments on providing adequate Gluten Free options on our buffet and menus. However, on request, our chefs are happy to assist in preparing dishes to suit all dietary requirements. I am also pleased to inform you that we have begun upgrading our facilities in phases, starting with our guest rooms.

It is our regret that you have chosen not to return for another stay but I personally hope that you will grant us another opportunity to deliver a better stay experience in the future. My team and I would be delighted to extend our true and warm hospitality to you.

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I have stayed at many Hiltons and as I was arriving into Singapore past midnight -needed a decent hotel to sleep away the jet lag and flying off again the next day. The room was large and clean, with the usual Hilton amenities. Breakfast was good, but nothing out of the ordinary. It is a business hotel and central to amenities around Singapore. However for the price of US 288.00 it is an overkill. Would I stay there again in future? No, I would not. For half the price and less, I can find another hotel with similar amenities. As I was flying out of Singapore again and needed a hotel for a night, I stayed at the Sante Grand in Little India for Singapore $100.00. And it was just as decent and clean.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Dear Badrinath,

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights on Hilton Singapore, we appreciate your honest feedback.

My team and I put in every effort to ensure that all our guests receive the luxury of quality products and services of a five-star hotel. We can assure you and all our guests that we continue to be committed to delivering the best in comfort, food and facilities.

It was a pleasure having you with us, albeit briefly. Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we hope that there will be an opportunity in the future to welcome you back.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

Very disappointing stay, our internet booking confirmed we had booked and paid in advance for a suite on the first night but when we were checking in the receptionist said we needed to pay an additional 235 dollars ? Our original business trip was for one night but we had to extend at the last minute again via the hilton website for an extra night booking a deluxe room and as a diamond member expected to receive a free upgrade to executive room. The receptionist couldn't understand why the web booking and her screen differed so she spoke to a manager who confirmed we needed to pay extra for the suite which on our confirmation document was paid in full. After a lot of confusion we decided to take the Executive floor room for the two nights as we needed to get on not stand round arguing and gave up with the idea of a suite. Our room was adequate but the bathroom was cramped and to add insult to injury they were also renovating rooms on our floor so we were unable to work as we wanted and found ourselves moving around the hotel to find somewhere private to work on our confidential project. Come on Hilton you can do a lot better than this!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Kate S,

Please accept our apologies for your disappointing stay at Hilton Singapore. We wish to assure you that what you recently experienced is not typical of the usual high standards of service that we always endeavour to deliver.

As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, your patronage is valuable to us and we understand the importance of having our products and services meet with your expectations. We are indeed in the midst of upgrading our guest rooms and we are sorry for the disruption to your work that the noise caused.

We thank you for your patience, and hope to have you with us again in the near future so that we may deliver a better stay experience to you. Thank you for your feedback.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

[Without Prejudice]
I am checked in Room 1017, and although I always request for a room closest to the elevator, this time I must say I am quite happy with the location of the room. Only because it is (1) near the escape door which is quite near the end of the corridor, and (2) the whole hotel is just ON Orchard Road itself. For shoppers, this is almost haven, except if you want to walk over to Takashimaya, you will have to undergo the underpass. For those, who know Orchard since years ago, there were times we can just run across the road. Well this is the first time I am writing a review without accessing the checkout of Hilton.
Think it's because I am quite dissatisfied with Hilton so far. This is my 2nd time staying in a Hilton chain, and this is by far one of the worst in terms of its quality the hotel service vs. the hotel category.
Concierge - What do call those staff that welcomes you when you arrive at the doorway of the hotel? Yes, them! When I first arrived, there were about 2-3 of them, hanging outside idling and perhaps 1 of them was attending to a guest. As I was paying for the cab fair, I found it a bit strange the door was not opened by these welcoming staff. Not only did I have to open my own taxi door, I could not even get the attention from the staff to help with the bag. So, it was a very quiet lonely walk to the front desk. "Is this a 5 star hotel that I have just walked into?" I remembered asking myself quietly. Fortunately, the lady who attended to my check-in was very professional. I had trouble with my key cards, and she had the courtesy to a porter to walk me right to my door-step. Now, these are two folks, I must say were very courteous, warm and smiley. Those are very good attributes of staff in the service industry.
Room - It's pseudo modern. Not my cup of tea, but good enough for me on a business trip. The bed linen was smooth, soft and comfortable. The pillows helped me to my dream world relatively easy. Now, onto the strangest thing that I have seen for the 1st time. Housekeeping - when I walked in today from work, I expected to be seeing all the 4 pillows nicely arranged on the bed. But 2 of them were on the RHS of the bed, while the other 2 were left standing on the LHS bed side table. I do not know if this was intentional or the housekeepers absent mindedly forgotten to put back, but this was really the 1st time I have encountered such a view. To me, this purely indicates that housekeepers do not re-check/look just before leaving the room. Cleanliness? I have found a patch of "something" dripping from the Stainless Steel Leg of the desk. Not desirable. Curtains - When drawn opened, they all looked stuff up like the gown of a puffy golden wedding dress (see attached photo) but when drawn closed, I feel the curtains needed ironing. It's just very strange to feel that way looking at the curtain. To me, Hilton has been taken for a ride by the Interior Designer. Don't get me wrong, style is sort of okay, but selection of curtain material is truly a joke. Heidi Klum would have laughed this off, and might be "out". Bathroom - in general, pretty good condition, although half the things in this hotel are pretty dated. But water pressure on the Level 10 is already nothing to shout about. Cannot even do my hydrotherapy. Hilton Singapore distributes Peter Thomas Roth products. Not bad, these range. The body lotion is soft, smooth and smells really nice. So that's something nice.
TV Channels - I think you will appreciate with the vast variety of TV channels available here. They have a few EU language channels, but a very important for me especially is Cartoon Network. Now, if you are bringing your little ones, this hotel can be considered as it's rare for me to find a hotel with this Channel. See attached photo.
Finally Food - At SGD30++/pax additional, I am really not impressed with the breakfast selection of this hotel. The staffs are just not very friendly. Obviously there were some regular guests that the staff could remember their names, which was a nice personnel touch. But this particular server, after sitting the regular and came and get me, her smile just melted away. I was kind of disgusted by this change. After observing for a while, most of them did not look like they were enjoying their job at the breakfast place, anyways. In comparison to the quality of service rendered by some nearby 5 star hotels, the quality of the servers was just below the mark. The selection as I have mentioned is really nothing to shout about.
So, the other thing that I have tried was the in-room dining. When you are in Singapore, one should always try the Chicken Rice. This is a famous dish in Singapore, and also mine. So I ordered. Of course, there are a few irregularities with the basic arrangement of dish vs. eating utensils but what blew me away and drove me to write this review before I check out was the fact that the chop sticks provided was a DISPOSABLE set. Wooden Disposable Ones! I am already getting corporate rate, but seriously? Is this the new standard of a 5 star hotel? See attached photo. Cheese Cake was crumbling as you cut a piece, indicating that the cake may not be moist enough already. Mind you, I was having dinner at around 9pm at night. Can't be expecting this to happen really. When I asked for the tray to be removed, I had the opportunity to provide my feedback. The restaurant sent complimentary chocolates and fruit platter as a peace offering. Thank you!
I really hope the service in this hotel especially on the ground floor to be warmer, courteous and smile a little bit more. I just cannot believe that these basic service attributes were missing from such a prestigious hotel. I even had one of them, staring me as if I have stolen something, as I was walking towards the hotel lift. If a patron can feel "watched" like this, there is something fundamentally wrong with the service of this hotel. So will I come back? I think I will try the next hotel down the road next time. If my check out tomorrow is a lousy one, I think I should raise this up to my corporate level. No more value for money, unfortunately.

Room Tip: 1) Rooms near the executive suits are closer to escape doors, in case of emergencies. 2) Rooms 100...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank zcemp13
Dear zcemp13,

I am sorry to read that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations. While it is good to know that you found our bed comfortable and the hotel's location convenient, it is regrettable that the service you received did not reflect the high standards that we are capable of delivering.

I wish to assure you that your feedback is important to us and I have discussed your points at length with my team. Your comments very much helped us to focus on the areas for improvement.

We agree that possessing a warm and courteous disposition, as well as professional attitude are all basic attributes to delivering the service expected of a five-star hotel. I certainly believe that all my team members have these attributes, as demonstrated by our Front Desk Officer and Porter. All of us continue to work hard to ensure that our fundamentals of hospitality and service are upheld to the highest standards.

We have noted your feedback on our Housekeeping service and food quality, on which my team members have taken the necessary corrective actions.

Although you have indicated otherwise, I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to show you our true hospitality. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Seven months since last vist & this is a revised review .... Still one of our favourite hotels and great location on Orchard Road.
Plus points as per previous, however some problems this visit which were not resolved to our satisfaction despite having brought it to the attention of the staff.
On check in we were not told that there was renovation work being carried out on several rooms adjacent to ours on the 20th floor. When we got to the room there was a lot of noise from drilling etc.
We were there on business and shortly after check in went out so we thought the renovation work was a temporary blip. However we were awoken at 9am the next morning by the sound of jackhammers/drilling which carried on regardless. Having rung down to reception we were told that basically they could not do anything about it!
We had some work to finish before going out to another meeting so we retreated to the business centre. Drilling was still going on when we left for our meeting at 2pm.
Was not impressed with the room this trip, supposedly an exec room but the bathroom was unbelievably small and with the door open your space was really restricted, especially with two adults trying to get ready together!
I have marked the hotel as Average due to the renovation work and lack of any mention of this on the hotel web page nor any mention on check in nor were we impressed by the microscopic bathroom and the fact that we paid quite a high rack rate for the room. My rating would be reflected at slightly higher than average.
Service from other areas, concierge, business centre were all very good.

1 Thank ExpatKL88
Dear ExpatKL88,

It is always our pleasure to welcome you back, thank you for letting us know of your recent experience with us.

I am happy to read that you were satisfied with our service. However, it is regrettable that you were inconvenienced by the noise during your stay. After sharing your feedback with my team, we do agree that our communication delivery could have been better executed and we are sorry for this shortfall. As you know, we are carrying out our refurbishment in phases and the team is doing their best to minimise the noise disruption to our guests. While we are also sorry that you were disappointed with our guest room, we hope to change this with the expected enhancements.

We are nevertheless grateful that Hilton Singapore is still among your preferred hotels in Singapore. Please rest assured that we continue to work hard to ensure great stay experiences for you and all our guests, and we continue to be at your service.