“Great Service !”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #69 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 4 April 2014

stayed here for 1 night with husband and 2 year old . We had a room on the Exec floor which was nice and clean as you would expect from a Hilton. Bathroom was very small and not much room to move around in! Lovely chocolates and sparkling grape juice for our anniversary and thanks for the lovely lady ( didnt catch her name ) who was looking after the floor . She was very friendly and so were the staff in the exec lounge . They were excellent ! so polite with lovely smiles and made every effort with our jetlagged little toddler. They allow children into the exec lounge as long as they are accompanied and are not noisy so we did take turns at times.
If you like designer shopping this is the place to be! its central to the major shopping area and just minutes away ( walking ) . Plently of fine dining and local food court in lucky plaza.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear miss611,

My team and I are delighted that you and your family enjoyed a memorable Hilton Singapore experience! It was our pleasure to play a part in your special wedding anniversary and ensuring your comfort throughout the stay. Thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you and your family again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Singapore

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Singapore Hilton for two weeks and were super impressed by the most amazing staff that we have experienced at ANY hotel in the world. From the doorman, bellman, front desk and concierge downstairs to the housekeeping and Executive Lounge staff upstairs, these folks are there to take the best care possible of their guests. I even had the opportunity to run into the Operations Manager on several occasions at all hours as he was making sure that everything was working without a hitch.

This property is one of the older hotels in Singapore, though it has had the necessary remodels, it is still an older property. To make up for this, they take service to the next level.

I have Hilton Hhonors Gold member, so I also had access to the Executive Lounge. This recently remodeled lounge is one of the best of any Hilton. Fabulous breakfast, delicious evening snacks and a great selection of beverages. On top of that there are always several staff there to help you with any need you may have.

My wife became ill during our trip and everyone at the hotel went out of there way to help her out and make her more comfortable. This will always be very special to me.

1  Thank Vince F

Dear Vince F,

Thank you for your generous compliments of my team members for their warm hospitality and great service during your stay. I am glad to know that you and your wife were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your stay.

It was our pleasure to deliver a memorable experience to you and we look forward to welcoming you both back, should you return to Singapore in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

As part of a two week swing through Southeast Asia, I just finished staying at the Hilton in Singapore. Since I am on business, I have several suits, pants, shoes etc. Unfortunately, even though I was there for four nights, I had to leave the majority of my clothes in the suitcase. The closets are so small, I could not fit half of my clothes there. There are only two drawers to put clothes in and one of those is half taken up with hotel materials. The rooms are also well below the standard room. I have been a diamond member of Hilton Honors for many years and feel the size of the rooms is well below what is expected in an International hotel.
The food at the restaurant in the morning is also standard, certainly nothing that would stand out in one's mind.
I did enjoy the executive level lounge and the staff there was excellent. Once again though, the food was really very poor.
I would like to commend one employee, Carmen in the bar downstairs near the lobby. I had six guests who were coming to the hotel to have a drink and discuss our product. She reserved for us a table in the corner; however, the bar was very crowded when we got there. She arranged for us to go into the business center to talk and held the table and our food for us until we were ready. I am sure she could have served several guests during that time at the table but her help was very much appreciated.
In addition, my room attendant on the 18th floor, realized I like coffee and cream. They left me a very nice note and several extra coffees and cream. That was a nice touch.

Room Tip: I am not sure there are any special rooms, maybe a large suite?
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reuven L,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Hilton Singapore. We value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Diamond member and your feedback helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.

Whilst we appreciate your commendation on our Executive Lounge and team members, it is regrettable that the quality of our food did not meet with your expectations. You will be glad to know that your feedback is being addressed in our regular food review and quality check.

Carmen has received your special mention with much gratitude and she, together with the rest of the team, looks forward to being of service to you again on your next trip to Singapore.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I went to Singapore for an official trip during March'14 and stayed at Hilton. Though the office was quite far from this place, but the location of this hotel made up for it. Any time during day or night, the place is well crowded and plenty of options are available for food. Though it is a little over priced for its quality of rooms. Also, there is some disturbance from the road, in case you dont get a sound sleep

Room Tip: Take room at higher floors

Dear tanujvijay,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore, it was our pleasure to have you with us. We appreciate your feedback on your recent stay and have taken the liberty to update your room preference in our system for your future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Disappointed, room looked as though it hasn't been maintained properly. Breakfast buffet was just enough to keep hungry tummy quiet, boring and quality isn't there. Wasn't worth paying in fact, save your dollar somewhere else. The only good thing was its location near shopping malls like Isetan, Wheelock place and Ion etc. But I wouldn't bother coming back as there were better hotels around Orchard.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tryjadi

Dear Tryjadi,

I am sorry to read of your disappointing experience at Hilton Singapore. Please be assured that the comfort and well-being of our guests continue to be among our top priorities. As part of our on-going efforts to deliver refreshed and quality experiences, we have scheduled for refurbishments and upgrading works to our guest rooms and facilities in phases since the last quarter of 2013.

Whilst you have indicated otherwise, we sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again to enjoy the new facilities so that we may deliver a better and refreshed experience to you. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The Hotel was good and comfortable. Easy access to so many places. Staff is very friendly and they allowed us to early check in without much of a trouble and also for late check out.

I am definitely recommend it in high marks.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear kaushKG,

My team and I are delighted that you and your colleagues were comfortable and well-taken care of during your recent conference. Thank you for your kind recommendation and it would be our pleasure to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at Hilton for the first time, as a last minute booking, paid a few hours before I arrived at a rate of over S$400.

Overall, compared to other places I have stayed in Singapore the Hilton didn't seem to have much character and was functional but not much beyond that.

Room was clean and reasonable size. Checkin/out was efficient but impersonal.

Location would have been quite good for exploring Orchard area, although as it happens I didn't have a chance for that during my brief stay.

Foyer was very busy almost each time I passed through with conference groups. Lifts also busy with conference attendees.

As a business hotel, this does everything you would expect a Hilton to do for you - nothing less and nothing more.

1  Thank MisterPugz

Dear MisterPugz,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay with us, we appreciate your frank and honest feedback. Whilst it is good to know that you find the hotel functional and service efficient, it is regrettable that certain aspects of the hotel fell below your expectations.

You will be glad to know that the hotel will be undergoing a facelift this year in various premises within the hotel to deliver quality experiences to our guests. We hope for another opportunity to deliver a refreshed Hilton Singapore experience should you stay with us again in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback.