“Great location & Excellent services”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #67 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great location & Excellent services”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My friends and me chose this hotel because of it's great location & famous name and we did not disappointed .My room was larger with very comfortable beds,spacious and nicely decorated that lets staying very enjoyable . Hotel staff are very smarties ,helpful with a big smile services ,always willing to help us whenever you wanted ! Highly recommended this hotel for luxury Singapore holidays !

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Masonliew,

It is such a pleasure to read of your recent experience with us and we are happy to welcome you and your friends to Hilton Singapore. Thank you for your kind recommendation and feedback, especially of our service which highlighted your stay. We hope for another opportunity to deliver another great Hilton hospitality experience to all of you, should you return again to Singapore for holiday in the future.

Peter Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (369)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

You expect a high levelk of quality from Hilton, but it is always fantastic to experience examples of excellent care. I had this pleasure after leaving my passport in the hotel room safe before checking out. I was still in the hotel for a training course, when at lunch the staff tracked me down to return my passport, that I didn't even know I had lost! I was also subsequently asked by several staff members later during the day if I had received it - awesome!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Mick C
Dear Mick C,

Thank you very much for commending my team members on their excellent service and for the way they promptly handled the recovery of your passport. It is always a pleasure when our guests enjoy their experiences with us and we appreciate your warm feedback. It is our pleasure to be of service to you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed at this property several times this year and I feel it is a property that is outstanding in some aspects but lacking in others. On the most recent stay, we were upgraded to the "Deluxe Plus" room. Pardon my ignorance but I didn't really fully comprehend what that was. In the Hilton Honors system, a higher floor room is listed as a profile preference, not an upgrade. We reached out to the Front Office Manager Ms Ila Cho who was at the front desk during checking in. We got to know her at Conrad Singapore while she was checking us in/serving us at the front desk. She kindly explained that we have already been upgraded to a better room and we left it at that without asking further.

Secondly, the welcome letter for Gold members seems to be inaccurate. It states that you can choose 1000 points OR an upgrade plus breakfast. However, in the Hilton Honors system, it is listed as upgrade PLUS 1000 points OR breakfast. I believe that the letter was correct many years ago but it has definitely changed.

There are some areas that this property excels in abundance. The executive lounge staff led by Ms Natalia are truly outstanding, extremely professional with an excellent service ethos. I distinctively remember one encounter with a young Taiwanese girl(Ariel Hsu or Ms Hsu if I recall correctly) in the lounge and it really impressed me. She came up to us in the lounge and reached out to us, had a short chat, letting us know if there was anything she could do for us, we could let her know. This is a small gesture, but I am of the opinion that these gestures exemplify what world class hospitality is about. The other lounge staff(the chinese girl, the korean boy, the malay girl, the malaysian girl from penang) are all outstanding as well.

Overall, the stay was comfortable and I would consider this to be a good Hilton property.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear InvestorTiger,

Thank you for your review of Hilton Singapore. We value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Gold member and it is a great pleasure to know that my team's outstanding service contributed well towards your positive experience with us.

With regard to your benefits, please allow me to clarify that Hilton HHonors Gold members are entitled to either next-room category upgrade, subject to availability at the time of check-in or 1,000 HHonors points. As your original reservation was made for a Deluxe Room, you were accorded this upgrade and our Deluxe Plus rooms are all on the high floors. Complimentary breakfast are automatically entitled for our Executive floor guests.

Ila, Natalia, Ariel and the executive lounge team members have all received your kind feedback of their service with much gratitude. They, together with the rest of the team, continually work hard to deliver the best personalised service and Hilton hospitality experience to all our guests. Whether your return for another staycation or simply to enjoy our exciting food and beverage offers, it is always our pleasure to welcome you back. Again, thank you for your feedback.

United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

very poor value for the price of this hotel and customer service was poor in trying to satisfy customers. Their response was a canned response and not decisions that they appeared to make locally. they would just offer a script of response. Compared to other hotels in the area such as the Regent or Swissotel, the value of Hilton was a lot less.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank John P
Dear John P,

I am very sorry to read of your disappointment with your recent Hilton Singapore experience. I wish to assure you that at all times, my team and I do our best to deliver great Hilton hospitality experiences to all our guests.

We value your feedback and wish to receive more details from you so that we may take the necessary corrective actions. We will contact you through private messaging shortly and hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for reviewing us.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hilton Singapore is a fine hotel, it's reliable for its standard of cleanliness, my room was comfortable (and not old like other reviewers have stated), and very well situated on Orchard Road. At check-in I requested and was granted free internet in my room for three days, and I very much appreciated this gesture of welcome. Would I stay here again? Yes. It's true the bathrooms are small and that noise from the hallways can be a problem, but both issues are workable. What needs improvement? 1. Hotel security: while the elevators have a built-in electronic key system, it is not in use -- which means that anyone can ride the elevators up to the guestrooms, there is no effort on the part of the hotel to screen who goes up to the guests-only floors. As a woman travelling solo, this does not give me confidence that the hotel has my safety in mind. 2. Weekend Housekeeping: on the weekends it's inconsistent (with one day bordering on lousy), while on weekdays it's excellent. 3. Finally, what was not great was the quality of food I ordered from room service. The pizza was actually appalling. But, what made up for it was the service. All in all, a good hotel that could better with attention given to these problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor NOT facing Orchard Road.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tryitoutnow
Dear Tryitoutnow,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights from your recent stay with us, your feedback helps us to focus on what is important to our guests.

I am glad that you find our guest room comfortable and that you were generally happy with my team's level of service - your kind mention is much appreciated. Please be assured that our guests' safety is of our utmost priority and the hotel is planning to upgrade the key card system in elevators this year. We fully understand your point and can assure you that we have effective measures in place to ensure that our guests feel secure in the hotel at all times.

We also extend our apologies for the inconsistencies you experienced with our Housekeeping and food quality from Room Service. Your feedback will be taken into account during our regular process and food quality reviews.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we are delighted that you will stay with us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Excellent location for shopping and eating out on orchard road. Large room with balcony which we used every day but room right next to service area for exec lounge (2201) which meant it was noisy in the morning when breakfast started (clashing plates). Hours, service, food and drink excellent in exec lounge. Italian restaurant by pool excellent. Staff overall very helpful and friendly. Overall good stay for shopaholics!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Jodidown,

Thank you for sharing your insights from your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, it is a pleasure to know that you were comfortable and enjoyed our newly renovated Executive Lounge, your dining experience at il Cielo and my team's warm service which highlighted your stay with us.

I have shared your comment on the Executive Lounge service area with the team, who extends their apologies for any inconvenience caused from their preparation activities. Your feedback certainly serves as a reminder to carry out our duties with more sensitivity especially during the early hours of the morning.

We look forward to continuing to delight you with more great Hilton hospitality experiences in the future. See you again soon when you are back in Singapore.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great location, lovely rooms (pillows provided excellent night of sleep), adequate brasserie menu options (though breakfast buffet is outstanding) and helpful staff. Close to many shops, if of interest. A terrific roof-top pool made an otherwise muggy day pleasant. Hotels with roof top pools are the tops. Unfortunately, what would have been an excellent stay was marred by spotty wi-fi service. Or rather, no wi-fi service at all. For a business traveler, this is unacceptable. The front desk will put you in touch with the service hotline, but speaking with them took another 25 minutes and still no connection. For a very good hotel franchise, it's surprising the hotel hasn't ensured that wi-fi service actually exists.

Dear DCUrbanMom,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on your stay at Hilton Singapore. It is a pleasure to learn that you were well-taken care of and enjoyed a comfortable stay with us.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the less than satisfactory WiFi connection during your stay. We wish to assure you that we understand the importance of staying connected to our guests and we have since taken steps to ensure better WiFi signal and connection throughout our premises.

Once again, thank you for your kind review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.