“about time for major renovation!”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #64 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“about time for major renovation!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm one of honours loyal member, keep trying to stay at the chain wherever i go...business or family vacations.
I stayed in Hilton Singapore.The booking was made by my secretary and she booked me a deluxe room.
Arrived at the lobby around 6-7pm, Friday. NO ONE was assisting getting my luggage from the taxi.
The receptionist was doing his normal job, doing an ok job for finding my reservation. Then i found out that my secretary didn't book me to the executive room. So i asked politely if he could find me an upgrades. It was simply 1 second respons; NOT AVAILABLE. Well, i realised that my GOLD Hhonors membership was sliding to SILVER Hhonors. I don't expect overtime i turned up at Hilton to be treated with an upgrades, but a better hospitality would help.
I made an inquiry for the internet availability, and standard answers was IT is CHARGEABLE.

I know that there is only one Hilton in Orchard Singapore, but they don't have to be so square and stiff specially for a loyal customer.

I stayed in St Regis Singapore last month, for sure i know that the room quality is like 9 for St REGIS and 5 for Hilton Orchard. The ambience, the SERVICE, the upgrades and it is FREE INTERNET. I hope someone in Hilton would walk 10 minutes to St Regis and check if what i said is true.

Enter the room, bed is ok, table is ok, tv is OLD and the remotes runs out of the battery. the bathroom is like 1980's old bathroom or 3 stars hotel. Very slippery bathtub without any warning, non slippery mat or proper handle to make sure that we won't slip. I am a healthy 42 years old man, imagine if someone older and less fragile entering that bathroom. I WONT RECOMMEND this hotel specially this type of room for anyone with kids or elderly persons.

The receptionist rang the room and gave me the internet free code to save the reputation of this old hotel. Thanks for that.

Anyone with Hhonors loyal mind, in singapore and looking for an orchard vicinity hotel, bad luck guys, try the neighbourhood. Trust me.

I am going to Singapore next week, and i booked St Regis, 10 minutes walk, similar rate, much better everything!!

Sorry Hilton Singapore.

Room Tip: no choice you have to pay more to get a minimum an executive room, but for that price, try other hot...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelle99bandung
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Travelle99bandung,

I am deeply concerned by the unsatisfactory experience you recently had with us, please accept our apologies. I wish to assure you that your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is of great value to us and that this is not typical of the outstanding hospitality and service that we always endeavour to deliver to our guests.

I have discussed your feedback at length with my team and we agree that we could have better executed your inquiries regarding room availability and internet access. We appreciate your feedback, which helps us to focus on what is important to our guests and we are addressing your point regarding the bathtub. However, please allow me to clarify that next-room category upgrades for our Hilton HHonors Gold members are subject to availability at the time of check-in. You will also be glad to know that during this year, we are upgrading various premises within the hotel for refreshed stay experiences for our guests.

It is our regret that you may not stay with us again. Nevertheless, we look forward to another opportunity to deliver a better Hilton Singapore experience to you. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Peter Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my first trip to Singapore, and it was on short notice. The staff at another Hilton helped me arrange a stay at this property. My colleague and I were warmly welcomed by the staff here. The hotel appears to be an older property, but it is well maintained. We were granted access to the Executive lounge, and the service there was exceptional. Special thanks to Elaine and Jolly for their friendliness and outgoing helpfulness. They helped me arrange short notice business meetings in a very comfortable setting. This property is in a prime location on Orchard Road and near seemingly endless shopping. If this is your purpose for visiting Singapore, you won't be disappointed. I found the dining and nightlife in this area not to be as good as what is available at Clarke Quay and Marina Bay, but it's a short taxi ride away. Plus, I was only in Singapore for a short stay and cannot claim a fully informed opinion of the area.

1 Thank CBinKC
Dear CBinKC,

Thank you for staying with us on your first trip to Singapore, it was our pleasure to welcome you. I am very pleased that my team members, especially Elaine and Jolly looked after you very well and they have received your warm mention with much gratitude. We also appreciate your compliments on our newly renovated Executive Lounge.

As you point out, our prime location on Orchard Road offers endless shopping and entertainment for our guests. You may also wish to know that in addition to the availability of taxis at the hotel, our close proximity to the underground Orchard Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station enables our guests to travel virtually anywhere within Singapore. Hopefully, you will be able to explore more of Singapore and our bustling neighbourhood on your next visit.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Sydney
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I worked here for a week at a conference. I had a quiet room, the wifi was good. All the staff I met were outstanding and the catering was excellent. The hotel isn't the most modern, but the rooms are very comfortable with quality linen, pillows and toiletries. It's a good shoppers location if that is your thing. I would stay here again for business.

Dear BL1Sydney,

Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Singapore, I am delighted that you enjoyed your week with us and that your conference was a success. Your positive feedback on our facilities and catering is much appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Kuching, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff is very helpful. My room was ready upon arrival at 7 am. Checking in went smooth and within 15 minutes I was up. Breakfast was good with a variety of asian and western food. Service was fast and regular inquiries were made for any needs.

The location is good for shoppers and business travelers. With good connections to Jurong and Tuas, but also back to the airport. Shopping complexes are at walking distance with all the big and famous brands. Plenty full of restaurants in the area and some convenient shops and supermarkets.

MRT station is not more then 5 minutes walk. Marina bay sand is a good one hour walk, however bear in mind taxis are cheap.

i have not tried the gym, the pool or any other restaurant in the hotel.

Dear Henry H,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we appreciate your positive feedback on our service and breakfast spread. We are also glad that the hotel's convenient location on Orchard Road was a highlight of your experience with us.

We hope that you will stay with us a little longer on your next visit to Singapore so that you may experience more of our facilities and exciting food and beverage offerings. Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed three nights at well located property. The room was comfortable and I enjoyed using the executive lounge. The gym was nice as well and I made regular use of it and its spa facilities.

Service was good, at the front desk and lounge. Only one complaint was the shower hot water on my third night wasnt that convincingly hot. I informed on checkout but didnt feel up to having mechanics come into the room as I was tired.

While Ive stayed at posher hotels with larger rooms, I found this place to be a good comfortable property, well serviced. Location was excellent, you could walk to any number of places to eat, shop, drink. A great trade off vs some a bit more isolated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear flipper95,

It is a great pleasure to know that you were comfortable and felt well-looked after during your three nights with us. Thank you for your positive feedback on our facilities and service. Please be assured that since your stay, the team has carried out checks to ensure the consistency of the hot water throughout the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Singapore.

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I am always pleasantly surprised at this hotel. Never had an issue and the staff and very helpful and go out of their way to help.

Hotel location is great. Situated along Orchard Road there is so much to see and do.

In Singapore. food is a way of life and with so many food courts nearby, I would recommend to visit them them instead. But for the non adventurous the food in the hotel is fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear CARRACAM,

Thank you for your continued patronage of Hilton Singapore, the pleasure is ours to welcome you to your home away from home. We are delighted that your experiences with us have been positive and my team appreciates your kind mention of their good service. You will be happy to know that the hotel will be undergoing refurbishments in various premises within the hotel to offer refreshed experiences to our guests. We hope to see you again soon to enjoy our new offerings and we remain as always at your service.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

For the price this is a very average hotel. Actually overpriced and poor quality facilities. The gym is great but the rooms are small with poor bathrooms, food is ridiculous and not so good. The only reason I give them an average is that the staff are well trained and friendly and the location is good.

My advice given the choice in Singapore is simple. Try other places! Most are better

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Sagsma,

My team and I are sorry to read of your disappointing Hilton Singapore experience. Whilst we are glad that you were happy with our service and location, it is regrettable that our facilities and food did not meet with your expectations.

We are in fact, currently carrying out upgrading works to various premises within the hotel to deliver refreshed experiences to our guests. Please be assured that your feedback regarding our food will be looked into through our regular food quality reviews.

Once again, I apologize for the unsatisfying stay with us but I wish to assure you that we look forward for another opportunity to deliver a better experience to you in the future.