By Singapore standards, the Hilton is an older, established hotel - and in my view none the worse for it. Built, I suspect in the late '70's/80's it has retained its spacious and comfortable atmosphere with some period charm. Location is very good, especially for those on a shopping expedition - some of Singapore's very best shopping centres are within a block or two. Rooms are comfortable and pleasingly furnished. Refurbished in the last few years, the rooms feature a generous working area/desk, good lighting and very comfortable beds. Bathrooms are typical of the era, smaller than current day trends but well finished in marble and everything you need. The executive lounge has just been enlarged and updated - very good job too. Staff are very attentive.
I wonder how much longer the atmosphere will last though - while waiting in the Checkers bar for a colleague for lunch I observed several of the hotel's managers with a English speaking chap who was probably from head office or a consultant. At the very moment I was looking at a nice display of Lalique figures in a glass case at the entrance to the bar, the consultant points to the same display and says to the managers in an instructive tone "you should use this space for a Budweiser promotion". Oh dear......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, Hilton Singapore is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Try the Opus Bar & Grill's prime-cuts that are dry aged in-house for 14 to 36 days and grilled over an open-flame charcoal grill, or sip on a cocktail inspired by Asian food at the bar. For authentic Italian cuisine, il Cielo is known for its high culinary standards using organic produce. Perched on the 24th floor of the hotel, the Sky Bar is the perfect oasis to relax over drinks while taking in sunset views of the city. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. For the sweet-toothed ones, the D9 Cakery offers an impressive six-meter showcase of delicious cakes, pastries and more. Enjoy shopping in luxury boutiques without leaving the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International