“Excellent option in Singapore”
Review of Hilton Singapore

Hilton Singapore
Ranked #69 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 5 June 2014

By Singapore standards, the Hilton is an older, established hotel - and in my view none the worse for it. Built, I suspect in the late '70's/80's it has retained its spacious and comfortable atmosphere with some period charm. Location is very good, especially for those on a shopping expedition - some of Singapore's very best shopping centres are within a block or two. Rooms are comfortable and pleasingly furnished. Refurbished in the last few years, the rooms feature a generous working area/desk, good lighting and very comfortable beds. Bathrooms are typical of the era, smaller than current day trends but well finished in marble and everything you need. The executive lounge has just been enlarged and updated - very good job too. Staff are very attentive.

I wonder how much longer the atmosphere will last though - while waiting in the Checkers bar for a colleague for lunch I observed several of the hotel's managers with a English speaking chap who was probably from head office or a consultant. At the very moment I was looking at a nice display of Lalique figures in a glass case at the entrance to the bar, the consultant points to the same display and says to the managers in an instructive tone "you should use this space for a Budweiser promotion". Oh dear......

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Ashley G,

Thank you for your warm feedback on our newly refurbished guest rooms and Executive Lounge, we are glad that you were comfortable during your recent stay with us. We also appreciate your kind mention of the team's service, which contributed towards your positive Hilton Singapore experience.

You will be happy to know that throughout this year, we are carrying out upgrading works on various premises within the hotel to deliver better experiences to our guests. Amidst these upgrading plans, please be assured that retaining Hilton Singapore's time-honoured charm remains as one of our priorities.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to deliver more refreshing experiences to you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Singapore

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is a very good property. Following are few of the good points of the hotel

1. Hotel is nicely located. It has on walking distance the renouned Orchid Road.
2. Service is very Good.
3. Overall Hotel is very good.

The roof top resturnat gives the spectacular view of the Singapore city specially the Orchid road.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear casaurabhgupta,

It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for your kind feedback on our prime location and service. We are glad that you were comfortable and enjoyed your dining experience at il Cielo Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back, should you return to Singapore again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This property is conveniently located about 1 block from Orchard MRT station. The Executive Lounge was renovated and has an expanded seating area. Service was good as always but the guest rooms are seriously in need of updating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChiGuy65

Dear ChiGuy65,

Thank you for your positive feedback on our newly renovated Executive Lounge and service, we are delighted that your overall Hilton Singapore experience was a positive one. You will be glad to know that we are carrying out upgrading works to various premises in the hotel and we look forward to delivering more refreshed experiences to you in the future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Right in the middle of Orchard Rd, this hotel is in a very convenient location. I was upgraded on arrival and the room was large, clean and comfortable. The gym is one of the best I've encountered at a hotel... and the sauna / steam room very good. Unfortunately couldn't use the pool due to inclement weather

Getting a cab in the morning proved a bit of a task... the usher was continually putting people in front of me without any explanation. Other than that, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Matt S,

Thank you for sharing your positive Hilton Singapore experience, we appreciate your kind insights which highlighted your stay with us. I have shared your feedback regarding the taxi situation with my team members, who extend their apologies for any inconvenience caused. Please allow us to clarify that in such instances and usually during peak periods, priority is given to guests who have made advance booking or need to go to the airport. Please be assured that my team will take steps to ensure that our guests are informed accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was in Singapore on a business trip and chose to stay at the Hilton and am glad I did. The room was great as it was very well appointed and had a nice view of the city. The breakfast area was a wonderful buffet. It's priced at $30 but it's included if you're a Hilton Gold or higher member which I am. There was a wide variety of Asian and Western breakfast foods available and made to order omelettes too.

The service was what you'd expect from a first class operation. They didn't let me down.

The location is conveniently located just a few doors down from the subway rail system (which is easy to use). Also, since it's right on Orchard Rd., you're in the middle of the shopping district. Plenty of restaurants around and the Hard Rock Cafe is just around the corner. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear hutchathleticdad,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your recent Hilton Singapore experience! Thank you very much for your positive feedback, especially of our service and breakfast buffet spread, which highlighted your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for more great Hilton hospitality experiences in the future. See you again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Let me straight away list the pros and cons.

Pros:
- greatly located at the smack of orchard road.
- near mrt station. I believe located in nearby mall.
- bed is comfortable. Room is clean.
- hotel staff is friendly.

Cons:
- I expected more from a Hilton hotel. with the amount I paid, didn't expect the hotel charge for Internet usage in the room.its 2014, Internet doesn't cost that much, should be a complimentary.

- no welcome drink/no fruit basket welcoming u in the room/no chocolate.

-check in was a bit slow. Checking out was quick.

summary- I enjoyed my stay but i feel like it didn't live up to its name -Hilton. I would try other hotel on my next stay.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear HafizahNazarudin,

Thank you for sharing your valuable insights from your recent stay at Hilton Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

Whilst we are glad that you generally enjoyed your experience with us, we are sorry that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet with your expectations. You may wish to know that our Executive Room package includes complimentary internet access, as well as daily breakfast and all-day refreshments in our newly renovated Executive Lounge.

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm one of honours loyal member, keep trying to stay at the chain wherever i go...business or family vacations.
I stayed in Hilton Singapore.The booking was made by my secretary and she booked me a deluxe room.
Arrived at the lobby around 6-7pm, Friday. NO ONE was assisting getting my luggage from the taxi.
The receptionist was doing his normal job, doing an ok job for finding my reservation. Then i found out that my secretary didn't book me to the executive room. So i asked politely if he could find me an upgrades. It was simply 1 second respons; NOT AVAILABLE. Well, i realised that my GOLD Hhonors membership was sliding to SILVER Hhonors. I don't expect overtime i turned up at Hilton to be treated with an upgrades, but a better hospitality would help.
I made an inquiry for the internet availability, and standard answers was IT is CHARGEABLE.

I know that there is only one Hilton in Orchard Singapore, but they don't have to be so square and stiff specially for a loyal customer.

I stayed in St Regis Singapore last month, for sure i know that the room quality is like 9 for St REGIS and 5 for Hilton Orchard. The ambience, the SERVICE, the upgrades and it is FREE INTERNET. I hope someone in Hilton would walk 10 minutes to St Regis and check if what i said is true.

Enter the room, bed is ok, table is ok, tv is OLD and the remotes runs out of the battery. the bathroom is like 1980's old bathroom or 3 stars hotel. Very slippery bathtub without any warning, non slippery mat or proper handle to make sure that we won't slip. I am a healthy 42 years old man, imagine if someone older and less fragile entering that bathroom. I WONT RECOMMEND this hotel specially this type of room for anyone with kids or elderly persons.

The receptionist rang the room and gave me the internet free code to save the reputation of this old hotel. Thanks for that.

Anyone with Hhonors loyal mind, in singapore and looking for an orchard vicinity hotel, bad luck guys, try the neighbourhood. Trust me.

I am going to Singapore next week, and i booked St Regis, 10 minutes walk, similar rate, much better everything!!

Sorry Hilton Singapore.

Room Tip: no choice you have to pay more to get a minimum an executive room, but for that price, try other hot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelle99bandung
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Travelle99bandung,

I am deeply concerned by the unsatisfactory experience you recently had with us, please accept our apologies. I wish to assure you that your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors member is of great value to us and that this is not typical of the outstanding hospitality and service that we always endeavour to deliver to our guests.

I have discussed your feedback at length with my team and we agree that we could have better executed your inquiries regarding room availability and internet access. We appreciate your feedback, which helps us to focus on what is important to our guests and we are addressing your point regarding the bathtub. However, please allow me to clarify that next-room category upgrades for our Hilton HHonors Gold members are subject to availability at the time of check-in. You will also be glad to know that during this year, we are upgrading various premises within the hotel for refreshed stay experiences for our guests.

It is our regret that you may not stay with us again. Nevertheless, we look forward to another opportunity to deliver a better Hilton Singapore experience to you. Thank you for your valuable feedback.