I love this hotel. What really makes this hotel are the staff who are outstanding. I would not want to stay anywhere else in Singapore. We had been there previously but on this trip we were there in January 2010 and returned in February 2010.
Location is excellent on Orchard Road with excellent transport links. Taxis are pretty inexpensive but if you are there for a few days get yourself an ezlink card from the MRT the nearest of which is at the ION which is a short walk from the hotel. Public transport is cheap and plentiful and easy to work out. If you only have a couple of days there is a Tourist Card available. If you are not familiar with Singapore a 2 day ticket on the hop on hop off buses is good for getting your bearings. You have a choice of a few here all of which stop across the road from the hotel.
Checkers on the ground floor is where breakfast is served and is a buffet type restaurant. Wide choice and a relaxed venue. In the evening they tend to have themed nights. Tuesday evening is Thai. They also had an Indian and a Japanese evening. It is very busy at the weekends with locals and their families as it is excellent food and superb value for money. Weekdays are quieter. As well as the theme there is also an a la carte menu.
We were in an executive room and used the lounge for breakfast. Choice was sufficient for us and it tended to be quieter. In the evening the lounge provided canapes and drinks. It was a lot busier in the evening. As another review has noted the staff are outstanding - I only wish all of the guests measured up. The canapes are very good and should be a nice appetiser before dinner. Unfortunately every evening we were there, there was always some guests who seemed to think they were dinner consuming 50 -100! My sympathy was with the staff who were constantly replenishing the supply and did so with good grace.
The pool is a nice location but it is quite deep so watch out if you are not a strong swimmer. Rooms are spacious and spotlessly clean. Bathrooms well supplied with toiletries. Nice touch for the smokers is the little bowl of sweets and the little note to "have a mint" instead.
The Kaspia Bar is a nice relaxing venue and again the staff are excellent. Drinks are your usual hotel prices and your bill can add up quickly but service is so good you really don't mind. If you like jazz, Chris and Eugenie perform there most nights and provide nice unobtrusive music.
On the first visit we required an early check in at 9:30am. On the second visit a very late check out at 7pm. I informed the hotel in advance an neither was an issue.
Internet access from your room you pay for but you can access in the executive lounge for free. If you don't have a laptop with you they will lend you one in the lounge.
There are numerous restaurants nearby and a varied choice. Beware the portions though! They have the American habit of huge portions in most places. Only place I found with "normal" European portions was TCC across the road from the Hilton. Again good food.
If I have one complaint about the hotel it is the lack of an internal smoking area. I don't smoke but my husband does. You are well used to having to go outside to smoke but not being pestered by prostitutes touting for business. Initially it was amusing but it became a major irritation when it happened all the time. It is not the hotel's fault but the provision of some area for smokers would prevent them being harassed.
Anyway it cannot detract from the fact that every member of staff in this hotel is outstanding and if excellent customer service is what is important to you then this is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Orchard Road, Singapore's popular entertainment and shopping district, Hilton Singapore is close to both ION Orchard and Takashimaya shopping centers. This award-winning Singapore hotel is a convenient 20-minute drive from Singapore Changi International Airport and close to Singapore's popular attractions. Try the Opus Bar & Grill's prime-cuts that are dry aged in-house for 14 to 36 days and grilled over an open-flame charcoal grill, or sip on a cocktail inspired by Asian food at the bar. For authentic Italian cuisine, il Cielo is known for its high culinary standards using organic produce. Perched on the 24th floor of the hotel, the Sky Bar is the perfect oasis to relax over drinks while taking in sunset views of the city. Revitalize with an organic juice and healthy lunch from the Glow Juice Bar and Cafe. For the sweet-toothed ones, the D9 Cakery offers an impressive six-meter showcase of delicious cakes, pastries and more. Enjoy shopping in luxury boutiques without leaving the hotel in the Shopping Gallery. Stay active during your stay at this Singapore hotel. Swim laps in the rooftop pool, work out in the fully equipped fitness center or indulge in rejuvenating beauty treatments. Make business easy at the Hilton Singapore hotel. Stay connected with colleagues and catch up with work with contemporary business amenities and secretarial services. Hold business meetings or conferences in our versatile meeting rooms accommodating 18-550 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Hilton International Singapore
- Singapore Hilton International