“Won't be staying here again”
Review of York Hotel

York Hotel
Ranked #123 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Upon arrival, it felt like staff weren't happy to do their jobs. They would rather stand there and do nothing than assist their guests. Every query asked was answered in a rough manner and you were always sent to another person and another person to just get an answer, especially when we are tourist yet the lady booking tours didn't even know the Singapore area. The only helpful people were the security staff outside & the maid. The room is simply just a room where you sleep in. Shower was very out dated (showered in a bath tub) and if your neighbour was also showering or flushing the toilet, your hot water would run out. The internet here was terribly slow and during our sleep, the out dated aircon was making extremely loud noises. Then, there is a light switch to turn off all the lights but one of lamps would not turn off. Maybe the wiring was off but we could not even turn the power point off thus having to sleep with the light on all night.
Yes the location was decent but it is just simply isn't worth it. Made our first time in Singapore very unpleasant. Will not be returning to this hotel as I'm sure for the money we paid, we could find a better place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachhyy

Reviewed 26 September 2013

A hotel which I have recomended to friends many times, and never had a negative coment about. Central, great staff, authetic food, comfortable. Love the little shop in the foyer and have bought beautiful, good valkue jewellery there. Enjoy walking down to Orchard road and having a good shop. Love it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Harwoods8
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The reason I chose this hotel is the near proximity to Mount Elizabeth hotel. My mom has leg pains and couldn't walk without walking stick. Although the hospital was quite near, for patient who has difficulty walking, we still has to take a cab there.
We arrived around 12 noon, we have to wait until after 2 pm then we are allowed to enter our room. The room was clean and new. My one complaint is the distance between check-in counter and hotel lifts was quite far. For guests whom couldn't walk or in a wheelchair, this caused much inconvenient. Seeing my mom with walking stick, none of the staff came to offer wheelchair assistance.
The breakfast buffet was good, and the restaurant service staff were very friendly and efficient. Overall, we were satisfied with its location, food and services.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ShintaDewi
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Ideal location for business traveler and shopping travelers. Located at 5 min walk to Orchard road and major shopping plazas. Breakfast spread is lavish and well prepared. There was a food festival during my stay and it was out of this world, authentic cuisines everyday and true value for money. Rooms are big and do avoid smoking floors.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel 200m away from Orchard rd. Rooms are nice and clean, although with not many frills. The staff at the reception was very helpful and welcoming, while the service at the restaurant could definitely be improved.
All-in-all a nice hotel to stay at close to all shopping venues and that doesn't cost a fortune given the average hotel prices in Singapore.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank PiSaVe
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Recently, I’ve visited Singapore, there were three of us. Hence, I’ve booked a room for four in York Hotel. It has a convenient location, right next Paragon shopping mall.
When we checked out from the previous V Hotel at Lavender, our intention is to check in and leave our bag at the hotel while we head out to wonder around. The staff at the check in counter is polite enough to inform us if we come at 12:30pm we will get a room.
The room is fantastic, all of us love it! It’s very spacious; the bathroom is spacious as well.
It’s close to Orchard Rd, shopping malls are just close by.

Room Tip: If a group of 4 people would like to share a room, this is the best hotel to share a room with.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Melikueh
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My company book this hotel last minute for my training in Singapore.
I come with my others 2 colleague. Upon our arrival in the York Hotel the bell boy assist us and carry our luggage to the lobby. We were giving 3 room in different floor and I request for room upgraded and the front desk help me to upgrade my room with my others colleague.
The room is spacious and the bed is comfortable.
On the 2nd day while I'm coming back from training I saw a note on my table saying that will be a power cut on from 12 am till early morning and this is something I don't really like it. I did spoke to the receptionist about this and he told me is normal for any hotel to have the power cut off for some reason. And this means the air-condition will also automatically been off.
I'm staying in 13th floor and the strange things is I can smell the strong curry powder from the same floor to my room and only I found out that the next door room staying with family and relative bought back curry, Roti Pratha and some Indian food in their room for dinner.
Overall from what I experience base on location and the hotel environment its still acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business