“Adequate”

Metropolitan YMCA Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Way back in 2006, my hubby & I spent 3 nights here.
It's 2 bus stops from the heart of Orchard Road.
It's a Y - so you get a kind of Youth-Hostel effect overall.
But since we weren't planning on spending too much time in the room - we found it suitable to cover our basic needs.

Room Tip: The 'Interior' rooms don't even have a single window - but they're the cheapest. If...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MNBharucha
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear MNBharucha,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay.

I'm glad that you chose to stay with us 8 years ago, and indeed we had the youth hostel feel 8 years ago matching what you have described as "adequate". I would like to take this opportunity to also illustrate that we have since upgraded much of our facilities and rooms to match the industry standard.

Posturepedic mattress in all our rooms to ensure that our guests have a good rest, individually controlled air-conditioning, wide selection of cable TV channels to choose from, rain shower in the bathroom are some of the many highlights of our hotel rooms now.

One thing that has not changed, is our great location! The proximity to central shopping belt-Orchard Road yet in the tranquillity of lush greenery, is certainly our unchanging highlight.

We look forward to be of service to you once again in the near future, and show you that our offerings now is certainly more than just adequate.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My Wife and I stayed here in March 2014, we had a very pleasant 4 nights, the hotel is very clean and our room was very nice, the staff were efficient and helpful. The hotel offers a free mini-bus in the morning to nearby Orchard Road. and a bus stop is right outside the hotel.

One tip, the Hotel is advertised on their literature as Metropolitan Y, but taxi drivers know it as the Metropolitan YMCA or just the YMCA, especially when travelling from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Leslie R
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Leslie R,

Thank you for taking the time to pen a review of your stay with us. I am really glad to hear of your pleasant stay with us. Truly, the shuttle bus is an important value-add to our many guests to link to the glitzy Orchard Road shopping district.

Also, thank you for pointing out that some of the taxi drivers know us by Metropolitan YMCA rather that the name of the hotel, The Metropolitan Y. Personally, mentioning 60 Stevens Road always saves the day!

I look forward to meeting you personally the next time you stay with us at the Y!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The last time I were in this hotel since the early of March.,2013. I have been booked this hotel for our 4 or 5 times in Singapore. Overall, this hotel is one of my recommendation for your consideration of hotel in Singapore. At outside and your very first glance, this hotel might be felt cheap as its simply decoration but actually, the hotel's facilities are enough your mi-range of demands. The pros are: clean, neat and nice staff (almost of them are part time student but they are rather friendly and efficiently). Other good point that is free Wifi - both at the lobby and inside the room. About the cons: sorry, I can not find any negative edges of this hotel. However, it should be much better if the breakfast can be upgrade with more dishes (for the Asian guest)

Concerning about the location, this hotel is not far from the Orchard road and it's cost about US$ 4 to Orchard Blv and US$ 10 to Geilang.

Finally, I appreciate the effort of the Metropolitan YMCA Singapore for their effort to keep such this good settlement for me and our group.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Deisler,
Thank you for spending time to write such a beautiful review for us! We are deeply humbled by your positive feedback. Indeed, as a social enterprise, we spend our resources carefully, bringing you the best value at areas most important to our guests, that is in the guestrooms and the facilities. Upping our product and services to the market standard, yet at affordable rates to our valued friends like yourself.

I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, and thank you once again for your kind review. Look forward to welcoming you back at the Y very soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

my parents visit me in Singapore and I booked this place for them, one week stay. now I have to say it was a wise choice! we have rent a unit including three bedrooms, four washrooms, one open kitchen and a living room. although the building looks old outside, but everything in the rooms is clean and quite new. and it is really convenient for a big family to stay together at a reasonable price. only drawback is that have to take buses to go to mrt stations, but it is convenient to orchard the shopping area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear ShiwenZ,
Thank you for taking time to writing a review of your stay at our Apartments.

I am glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with us in Singapore, and I hope that you managed to spend quality time with them. Our apartments are styled as home away from home, which has fitted perfectly well for their visit here.

The tranquillity of the neighbourhood, yet closeness to the glitzy Orchard Road, has been our pride. Indeed, 4 bus services plying to the shopping belt made it really simple to head down.

Once again, thank you for your kind feedback. I look forward to welcoming you (or your family) to the Y again very soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I booked several rooms for my guests for a period of about a week. All of the guests have positive feedbacks with reference to the rooms, staff and location. The GM ensured that the guests were comfortable and happy.
We also booked the conference room to hold a talk and it was a breeze communicating with the staff. The ambiance of the room was good. I would recommend this place to those who want to stay outskirts of the city.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Madolia,

Thank you for penning a positive review on your experience of working with us!

I am deeply honored to have the chance to work with you, to bring about a comfortable and cosy stay for your guests. I am glad to hear that they have all enjoyed their stay, and was all happy.

Look forward to be of service once again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We are from AESC (Aerospace Engineering Services JSC), Vietnam. We stayed in Metropolitan YMCA from 9th to 15th Feb to attend the Airshow. It was a busy schedule and when we returned to YMCA, we found this quite comfortable. We took some time to swim in the clean, tranquil pool. The staff there are very helpful and quick responsive. In my last day in Singapore, I went shopping and bought a dress for my daughter. Unfortunately I left it somewhere and only realized it when getting to Hanoi and found nowhere my unlucky gift. I sent an email to Ms Jessie Ong of YMCA asking for help. She and her staff looked for it but not found. Then I got a very kind email from Jessie saying that she could help me to buy a similar one and post it for me. I did aske her to do so and finally the new dress arrived to Hanoi. My sincere thanks to her and the whole staff of Metropolitan YMCA. Wish you all the best. I will return to your hotel. Rgds. Mr. Nguyen Thao

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Nguyen Thao,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Y.

I am very pleased to here that after your busy schedule at the Airshow, returning to the Y at the end of your day was blissful and comfortable. Set amidst lush greenery, The Y truly has that calming effect on busy minds.

I am thrilled to learn that Jessie went out of her way to get the dress purchased and mailed to your daughter, she is a gem to our organisation indeed! Our guests are our friends, and this is what we will do for our friends :)

Thank you once again, and we hope to see you back at the Y very soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

awful stay with very thin staff. service is paltry and the rooms are very small and dirty. The hotel is full of noisy tourists from China and is right next to very busy roads. Definitely did not make for restful stay. Avoid this place if you can. highly not recommended

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Pacukpaku
Catherine L, General Manager at Metropolitan YMCA Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Pacukpaku,
Thank you for your review of stay at The Metropolitan Y.

Allow me to apologise that you did not have a restful stay. We do pride ourselves for being well equipped yet value for money, our standard rooms spaced at a minimum of 18sqm. Despite these, we have failed to meet your expectations and I ask of your kind indulgence on this occasion.

Your comments have been shared with the team, steps will be taken to work on our shortcomings. I hope that the next time you stay with us, we will fare better.

Thank you once again for your feedback and comments, it is with these that we strive to continuously to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I look forward to assist you personally on your future bookings.

Yours sincerely,