“A good option for a low-medium budget”

RELC International Hotel
Ranked #179 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Hanoi, Vietnam
“A good option for a low-medium budget”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The room is spacious and somewhat clean, the staff is very pleasant. However the food (breakfast) is not very tasty. The hotel is not very far away from Orchard Road, Singapore's shopping center (about 10 minutes walk), so that's a plus.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
RELCIH, E-Commerce/Reservations Assistant Manager at RELC International Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear valued guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your comments with us.

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you had satisfactory experience with the hotel's location, guest room, cleanliness and above all the service of our team.

We have also recognize the concern raised and will work to improve the F&B quality and services provided.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I give one star for the cleanliness and spacious room, otherwise I will put zero star for this hotel. Never been I experience unpleasant stay in a hotel, mostly due to the staff. The duty manager and receptionist/cashier surely must join a training for hospitality. They are extremely rude and most of the time not helpful.
The location is far from the mrt and getting a taxi can be hard, especially in the evening.
And BE CAREFUL with the PAYMENT. I was asked for payment when I first arrived in the hotel. I paid by card for around SGD 350, but when I checked out, they asked for payment AGAIN and told me that the first time was only for card verification. I can't proof the payment because I lost the receipt. I can't call my bank because my phone wasn't working in singapore and they didn't let me use their phone. So I had to pay for the second time for the same amount. I already told them that they can check the cctv to see if I really paid or not. But they don't bother and the cashier easily said "if you're (indeed) pay double you can just complaint" - yea right like that would be easy.
After came back to my country I checked my bank and turns out the first payment was somehow deducted for 400SGD! I am really disappointed and will contact them soon. Let's see if they will return my money or not.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Dewi M
RELCIH, E-Commerce/Reservations Assistant Manager at RELC International Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear valued guest

Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us.

We are surprised to learn about the negative comments regarding our service standards and procedures in handling payment. Our record on your room billing transaction showed that it is correct and in order. You may contact me directly at esther.lee@relc.org.sg to clarify on this issue.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is rated a 3 star hotel while I do the booking but although The lobby is clean but the moment I step into the room I could smell a foul smell coming from the carpet.. The bed here is bad as the lining is very rough, the mattress is too soft. The only thing I am happy is the bathroom is super big but the toiletries is not full even a simple toothbrush is not provided. The breakfast and services is even worst. We had to look for our own tables to sit and the choice of the breakfast spread is too little and the food is Abit too cold. Overall rated for this hotel is 1/5.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mak B
Dear valued guest

Thank you for telling us your recent stay experience at RELC International Hotel. We are disappointed that your stay with us was not all that it could have been.

The management recognizes the concerns raised and will work to improve the hotel quality and services. You can be assured that we have shared the elements of your review details with the respective departments for improvements.

Once again, we are sorry you felt our services were not up to standard; but thank you for sharing your feedback which will help us to improve our services to achieve a better level of guests' satisfaction.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Checked in here last year with my husband. It wasn't difficult to find (walking distance from Orchard Road) although it will be an uphill climb from Orchard to the hotel. Our feet were sore from all the walking from hotel to the mrt to the tourist attractions and back. The room we had was spacious, had free wifi (take note, high speed compared to what we have here in the Philippines), and clean bathroom (great factor for me). The neighborhood is peaceful and clean as well.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah J
RELCIH, E-Commerce/Reservations Assistant Manager at RELC International Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear valued guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your stay experience with us last year.

We are pleased that you enjoyed our spacious room and complimentary high speed WIFI.

RELC International Hotel is a perfect locale which centrally situated in quiet and peaceful neighborhood on a principal street to town; guests are never parting with the attractions or shopping options.

The feedback concerning the accessibility of transportations have been brought up to management's attention for reviewing and exploring any possible options to improve the service.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.
selangor
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Had a very big room with 3 single beds.
Loved the spaciousness, the cleanliness and the attention to detail of the housekeeping staffs.
Air conditioning is pretty good, no complaints on bed, hot showers, tv channels provided.
Daily newspaper given, and housekeeping is very quick and good.

The only downside is getting a taxi from here is quick difficult. Although the hotel has a light that indicates that taxis are needed, quite few taxis pass this area (eventhough it's quite near to Orchard Road). If you ask the hotel staff to book you a taxi, it costs S$3.50! We had to call one every time we went out. was quite a hassle. If you are with a company that is able to walk, please walk to Orchard road for more convenient public transport.

Daily breakfast spread was of minimal variety, with lack of space and situation gets worse when people are rushing to get food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sabahrefugi
Dear valued guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us.

It is wonderful to read that your overall experience with us was satisfying and you enjoyed the room. We will share your comments with the Housekeeping team; I am sure the feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staffs to continuosly improve the quality of service.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in an executive twin room with mt parents. The room was super spacious, with modern furniture, comfy bed and superb shower! Couldnt ask for more at such a decent price, given the central location of the hotel! Would love to stay here again!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
RELCIH, Manager at RELC International Hotel, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear valued guest

Thank you so much for your lovely review and it is delightful to know that you and family had a pleasant stay and you enjoyed our room.

We sincerely welcome you and your family returns to our hotel when you are back in Singapore, to make this your warm address away from home.
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived with my family, and we had to have 2 rooms. The rooms were for 3 person, and it was huge with balcony on it. The downside was, it was far from everywhere, we had to take a bus to go to orchard. And at night we had to take taxis. But the room was decent, the service was good but their english not so much. The price was good enough for a big room

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear valued guest

Thank you for sharing with us your recent stay's experience at the RELC International Hotel.

It is wonderful to read that your overall experience with us was satisfying and that you enjoyed our spacious room and attentive services.

Whilst we are happy to hear the positive comments, we have taken note of your feedback about the challenges communicating with the service staffs. The management is aware the important of constant training; with the ongoing training programmes, our team is working very hard to enhance guest's staying experience. We are sure that your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staffs as we strive to continuosly improve the quality of our services.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in near future.