“Gorgeous place, wouldn't stay anywhere else”
Review of Naumi Liora

Naumi Liora
Ranked #103 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is by far my new best hotel in Singapore. I only stayed one night with my friend recently but it's in a fabulous location in Chinatown which makes getting everywhere easy and convenient. I loved the little touches like the candy jars and free tea and coffee in reception, plus the WIFI was top speed everywhere. The bed is so comfy - it was seriously hard to get up in the morning. We had one of the biggest rooms and even though it was right on the street and we could occasionally see people walking past, we hardly ever heard anything. It has all been soundproofed.

The staff are beyond helpful and nice here too - the pretty lady at reception even hailed us a cab on the street when it was looking hard to book one on the phone to get us to the airport. And they always look immaculate. Wow.

The only thing I can't comment on is the breakfast because it wasn't included - I'm not sure it ever is? We were offered a breakfast in the adjoining restaurant for $20 pp, or a dinner that cost more but we needed a password to get in. That seemed a bit pretentious to me, but anyway, the hotel itself is great. Just amazing. I would definitely stay here again! And if you want a cheaper brekky there's a great bakery a few blocks away where we bought some nice egg tarts and Chinese cakes.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank writesitedubai

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Wonderfully located in China Town so close to Maxwell’s Food Center! One of the best places for Hainan Chicken Rice and fried oyster pockets. Aside from the location, the design is great - comfortable, modern, and warm. Also thoughtful in pretty much every detail – love the black and white strings for the blinds… this way you know which one is the light blocking blinds and which is for the sheer… these blinds however are not full blackout blinds so there’s morning light that comes into the room. Not a deal breaker for me.

My room was cozy… and I mean very cozy but well thought out and pleasantly executed. Great reading lamps, a comfortable bed with pillows in two types of very firmness. Work desk and fast wifi are also appreciated as is the complimentary Nespresso machine… my morning savior. Oh, there’s no restaurant or breakfast, but the local place across the street makes great steamed buns and milk tea. A local institution I am told.

The only downsides to my stay, if they are to be downsides… are the shower and the sound proofing. My shower experience wasn’t great and I need a great shower especially in this climate. Simply put, there is no shower door. Don’t know about other room types. And the shower was unforgivably small – like bump into the wall small. I understand the structural limitations old infrastructure, but the Japanese have very innovative ways of keeping water from going everywhere. My bathroom was pretty much a wet room and I had to replace the soaked bathmat with my second bath towel to keep the floor dry after I squeegeed most of the water back into the shower with my foot.

Regarding sound, the street comes to life in the morning and by late morning, the thumping base from the lobby can be heard and felt on the 2nd floor. Luckily by evening both the uber cool music and traffic die down. Also, my room was right next to the elevator and the talking and foot traffic and bags and the cleaning carts up and down the hallway was a bit distracting, but after a long day out, I didn’t have any issue sleeping.

Bottom line, when I come back to Singapore, I’ll probably stay here… but opt for a bigger room away from the elevators. Maybe next time I'll figure out how to pronounce it.

Room Tip: snag a room away from the elevator and away from the street for a quiet experience.
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Had a staycation here with the hubby. Booked through Agoda where I got a good rate. The hotel is in a series of quirky, refurbished shophouses, in bright orange. The rooms are just very small and that was fine; it's just a place to sleep anyway. But for travelers with a lot of luggages, you might find it too tight. By the way, there are no slippers (which we didn't expect), no hand towels nor face towels. Just a bath towel and the cloth bath mat. So no frills. Btw, the room we got had no window. The facade of the hotel has windows but those are apparently faux. There are rooms with windows though, but we didn't mind because we were just there for a night anyway.

They have a small gym with new equipment, which is a nice touch (didn't get to use it though). The lobby is bright and offers residents free coffee (Nespresso!), tea, ice cream, snacks like chips, cookies, M&Ms, etc...

Service is very attentive. Asked for some extra wash (by Bigelow's) and in 5 minutes, the housekeeping staff came and brought it to us.

The advantage of the hotel is that it's comfortable and very near Chinatown, Tanjong Pagar and Duxton area, which are all walking distance. We had a GREAT time eating breakfast, lunch and dinner at the many new restaurants in the area. It's really a foodie's dream!

Room Tip: Depending on what you want, ask for a room with a window. Not all have one, even the ones facing the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The quaint room is small, but I knew that beforehand so I can't complain. The rooms are nice, the overall design of the hotel is very pleasant and the building fits in well with the Chinatown architecture (some great local places to eat nearby, even in the same street). But what stood out was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff – fantastic service!

Room Tip: The quaint room is cheaper but very small and doesn't have a window. It's definitely better...
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The Naumi Liora hotel is centrally located, yet nestled in the quiet and chic street of Keong Saik, where most boutique hotels are. This hotel is surrounded by cafes, so you can get food pretty easily. I was most impressed by their hospitality. Maria was really helpful, took the time to answer my queries and was kind enough to show me a few rooms because I was really concerned about the size of the room. As this hotel is in an old 'shop house' building, each room has a different layout and size.

I really liked the room we had, which is the 'Quaint Room' cos it was really spacious. Only thing was that the kettle was spoilt. Would also be nice if there was a mini-bar in the room.

Room Tip: Twin-bed rooms are more spacious, compared to queen-bed rooms. Size of the room with a porch is no b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cre8ivenomad
Reviewed 19 May 2013

This boutique hotel is nicely designed and located in China Town. Hotel staff are very helpful in helping you page a taxi and a like. However, if you are claustrophobic, avoid booking the cheapest room type because it does not have windows. If you are on business and need a desk to work at night, make sure that you check with the receptionist to give you a heritage room with a desk. Otherwise, you will end up having to place your laptop on your laps and work on the bed, which is a bit inconvenient for me. Other than that, the hotel is very affordable compared to how expensive other Singapore hotels have become. Pick the right room type and you will be fine!

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is the hotel I chose for my second trip in May to SG. The rate is comparable to my last stay. The hotel was well decorated. However, room is just too small and hardly can fit in two people even they are close couples. Luckily I am alone. The shower area is small enough that the water spilled out to he rest of the washroom. Nespresso machine is installed but not working. Shaving pack is on request and can with a very low quality. Not likely to visit again