“Cheap Nice Staff Clean Room --> Adam Rocks <-- Best Location”

Claremont Hotel Singapore
Ranked #47 of 82 Singapore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 March 2014

There are many hotel in Singapore, none of them start with word Cheap depending upon location, purpose of visit etc.
I was scared as per the Bad reviews people made on Trip Advisor, I have travelled more than half of the world including 3 times in Singapore only for vacation with family wife and 2 kids 3 yrs and 5 yrs old. This time I had planned by adding my Mom and Dad too.

Reason to select this hotel:
In my previous vacation I booked other hotel(due to location) for approx 180SGD but this time keeping in my mind my parents. I wanted hotel next to Mustafa Market so that after late evening shopping, Sentosa Island etc when we come bac we can drop Mustafa Market for Vegetarian Indian Food and after dinner we can just walk to hotel instead of looking for taxi in Musy road for 6 people including 2 old age and 2 very young kid.

I selected this hotel at unbelievable 70SGD for one room and i booked 2 Delux Room and as its just opposite to Mustafa market.

Things to take care before booking:

I had my home work done so I will Tell you all keep in mind --> This is not a Fancy Hotel, everything is basic right from the entrance to Lift, Lobby, Room, Furniture, TV. I booked for 2 days, I called the Hotel and spoke with Adam in reception cause I don't believe in booking via agoda, Asia.com, Hotel.com etc. I told Adam my parents are old age and the reviews are horrible but I feel the room should be clean. Adam advised if its not good than they won't get business and Assured me to book and see the Room prior to check inn and if the room is not good than he will give my money back.

I went with that and -->

I got 2 rooms next to each other 706 and 707 one straight opposite to lift and other next to that.

Both room were basic but it was Clean, Bathroom were Tiny but they were Clean. One Room TV didn't work I spoke to Adam and he called room service and it was Fix ASAP.

If you are coming from Airport and if you are alone or couple you can come direct from Airport Shuttle Bus for 9SGD PP.
If you call Shuttle Bus they will pic you for your flight for same 9SGD PP. I took Jumbo Private Car which charged me 50SGD.

The Towels were Clean, IT had few TV channel including Kids Channel. I had booked the Room for sleep during night but if you are planning to live in this hotel 24 X 7 hrs for few days than there is no entertain in this hotel.

THe Mer-Lion is approx 15SGD in Taxi
The Sentosa Cable Car Mountain is approx 30 SGD in taxi
Airport 9SGD shuttle Bus or in Taxi approx 25SGD( please note I took Jumbo Provate Car due to Big Family and Luggage for 50SGD)

The Room were clean, Aircon was ok, but you can't expect very Furnished room.

descent twin Bed, Clean Bathroom.

Service :

The Staff is really good especailly Adam very honest and down to earth, they will help as much as they can.

All major restaurant around just opposite to hotel, If you are Indian,Shrilankan, Fiji, Pakistani than this will be advantage for you guys especailly Vegetarian.

BreakFast :

Break fast is included in the booking price. I requested to remove breakfast and give me discount but I was advised its included in the price. Again I had head scary stories about break fast e.g. cold milk, cold tea, cold food etc. But let me tell you all those were wrong and not correct. The Breakfast area is in Basement I will agree to that between laundry and luggage area but once you step into Break Fast Area its very Clean, Nice and Breakfast staff especailly all women welcome with Bright Smile, they are good down to earth on top the Breakfast is above expectation especailly if you are from India.

Tea, coffee, Juice, Bread, Jam, Idly, sambhar, Fried Rice and all were Fresh and good. Beileve me I have settled in Australia more than 10yrs and my parents and family was very happy with this Hotel

If you have any questions most welcome and if you like please hit help fuly vote so I know my comments are on right direction :-)

Please note - I still don't know why people reivew so bad about this hotel and Breakfast. I guess they should go to Japan where room are half of this size and twice expensive and location and Breakfast forget it

Good Luck,
Jignesh

Room Tip: Try to take room level 7 or above and call and speak to Adam about clean room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
12  Thank Jignesh J

Reviewed 12 January 2014

stay in this hotel only if u can adjust the sad part of it, the bathrooms are very small, the shower and health facets are average, the breakfast is bad the staff the service is on a snails pace, the location n budget is the only advantage of it, the wi fi picks up in some spots inside the hotel not all.

Room Tip: rooms facing serangoon road would be a good option else the back side is not so impressive
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahdoshi
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stay at Claremont from 25 December to tomorrow at 29 December 2013. I stay in a Triple Room. This hotel has a very good side, but has a very bad too.
The good: fast wifi, shork walk distance to MRT Farrer Park, easy to find food outside the hotel.
The bad: hard to use the shower amd toilet, the breakfast food is standard and in basement, the employees didn't wear the same uniform, the smell in the hallway is not very good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fandok
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I booked this hotel for my guests few weeks ago. Get lots of complaints right from the first second!

The floor was not cleaned properly, candies lying around inviting cockroaches. Shower towers have no different to floor towers. Breakfast were included but the quality were poor. My guests decided not take the second day breakfast after their first day experience.
The only advantage for this hotel is that it is just next to a mrt station, and nothing else.
Avoid this hotel unless you want cockroaches accompany.

Yes, Singapore hotels are expensive. But I am sure you can find much better choices with this rate!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank KayJinLim
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Knowingly that its a budget hotel, i had booked it, since i was on a business trip. The location of the hotel in Little India is good for Indians who cannot survive without indian food. But its also close to Ferrer Park metro station and that was the positive point i had considered while booking. secondly, there is nothing called 'hospitality' in this hotel, dont even ask for it. My room 310 was neat but washroom reminded of typical indian toilets. None of the staff wear uniforms, so difficult to identify one, if you need help. The breakfast is very basic, no hot milk provided but tea/coffee option is available. Tea/Coffee maker is the room is big advantage in such hotels. Safe, refrigerator, air-conditioner provided in the room along with free Wi-Fi with very good speed is an advantage makes you feel, the stay was pleasant. Its high time, Hotel management takes up refurbishment of entire property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gaurish D
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 October 2013

The hotel is not maintained at all, the entrance of the hotel was water logged while check-in itself complained to the front desk but no action, The corridor was stinking bad o dour all around carpet not cleaned for months, Rooms with dirty linen, above all the worst breakfast....

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed with family for 10 days share.. the room size was very small. Service was very bad. one good thing about this hotel is - very close to Indian restaurant and opposite to Mustafa center. very basic frontoffce support.

We have requested for change of room due to the smell in the room.. but due to the full occupancy, they were unable to help.

Mini Queen bed..

Room Tip: Best is mustafa center view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family