There are many hotel in Singapore, none of them start with word Cheap depending upon location, purpose of visit etc.
I was scared as per the Bad reviews people made on Trip Advisor, I have travelled more than half of the world including 3 times in Singapore only for vacation with family wife and 2 kids 3 yrs and 5 yrs old. This time I had planned by adding my Mom and Dad too.
Reason to select this hotel:
In my previous vacation I booked other hotel(due to location) for approx 180SGD but this time keeping in my mind my parents. I wanted hotel next to Mustafa Market so that after late evening shopping, Sentosa Island etc when we come bac we can drop Mustafa Market for Vegetarian Indian Food and after dinner we can just walk to hotel instead of looking for taxi in Musy road for 6 people including 2 old age and 2 very young kid.
I selected this hotel at unbelievable 70SGD for one room and i booked 2 Delux Room and as its just opposite to Mustafa market.
Things to take care before booking:
I had my home work done so I will Tell you all keep in mind --> This is not a Fancy Hotel, everything is basic right from the entrance to Lift, Lobby, Room, Furniture, TV. I booked for 2 days, I called the Hotel and spoke with Adam in reception cause I don't believe in booking via agoda, Asia.com, Hotel.com etc. I told Adam my parents are old age and the reviews are horrible but I feel the room should be clean. Adam advised if its not good than they won't get business and Assured me to book and see the Room prior to check inn and if the room is not good than he will give my money back.
I went with that and -->
I got 2 rooms next to each other 706 and 707 one straight opposite to lift and other next to that.
Both room were basic but it was Clean, Bathroom were Tiny but they were Clean. One Room TV didn't work I spoke to Adam and he called room service and it was Fix ASAP.
If you are coming from Airport and if you are alone or couple you can come direct from Airport Shuttle Bus for 9SGD PP.
If you call Shuttle Bus they will pic you for your flight for same 9SGD PP. I took Jumbo Private Car which charged me 50SGD.
The Towels were Clean, IT had few TV channel including Kids Channel. I had booked the Room for sleep during night but if you are planning to live in this hotel 24 X 7 hrs for few days than there is no entertain in this hotel.
THe Mer-Lion is approx 15SGD in Taxi
The Sentosa Cable Car Mountain is approx 30 SGD in taxi
Airport 9SGD shuttle Bus or in Taxi approx 25SGD( please note I took Jumbo Provate Car due to Big Family and Luggage for 50SGD)
The Room were clean, Aircon was ok, but you can't expect very Furnished room.
descent twin Bed, Clean Bathroom.
The Staff is really good especailly Adam very honest and down to earth, they will help as much as they can.
All major restaurant around just opposite to hotel, If you are Indian,Shrilankan, Fiji, Pakistani than this will be advantage for you guys especailly Vegetarian.
Break fast is included in the booking price. I requested to remove breakfast and give me discount but I was advised its included in the price. Again I had head scary stories about break fast e.g. cold milk, cold tea, cold food etc. But let me tell you all those were wrong and not correct. The Breakfast area is in Basement I will agree to that between laundry and luggage area but once you step into Break Fast Area its very Clean, Nice and Breakfast staff especailly all women welcome with Bright Smile, they are good down to earth on top the Breakfast is above expectation especailly if you are from India.
Tea, coffee, Juice, Bread, Jam, Idly, sambhar, Fried Rice and all were Fresh and good. Beileve me I have settled in Australia more than 10yrs and my parents and family was very happy with this Hotel
If you have any questions most welcome and if you like please hit help fuly vote so I know my comments are on right direction :-)
Please note - I still don't know why people reivew so bad about this hotel and Breakfast. I guess they should go to Japan where room are half of this size and twice expensive and location and Breakfast forget it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claremont Hotel is a value hotel offering affordable hotel room stays and strategically located on Serangoon Road, the main street coursing through the Little India district. Claremont Hotel offers real value for money with its extremely accessible location to The Farrer Park MRT Station (NE8)and is just a short 2-minute walk to hotel doorstep. Located opposite the hotel is Mustafa Center, a 24-hour shopping haven. Leisure and business travelers can get almost anything from the shops around here. Visitors arriving at Changi Airport can zip through the MRT train system and reach the comfort of Claremont's hotel room in less than an hour. Step out of Claremont Hotel and you run smack into the Little India, one of Singapore's oldest and culturally rich district. Crossing the Serangoon Road, visitors will encounter a labyrinth of short and lengthy lanes dotted with multi-colored restored Pre-War shop houses; in pink, green, yellow, blue, purple, and red, orange and turquoise that is an attraction itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Claremont Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singapore Claremont Hotel
- Claremont Hotel Singapore