For the price at which the rooms are offered, you have to compromise. You have to carry your own luggage to the room. We are a family of 4 with 2 children aged 4 and 10. We stayed for 3 nights in a clean acceptable triple room. The room size is small with one double and one single bed. The bed sheets on the bed are just the size to cover 3 sides of the mattress. The mattress is hard and so sleep quality is not too good.
The TV does not have remote and so you have to change channels manually.
The hotel was kind enough to provide a spray can for the mosquitoes in the room and spiders in the bathroom.
The Air Conditioning started leaking on the 2nd night of the stay but was promptly fixed once the reception was informed, but had to go down to the reception at 11 PM.
The famous Mustafa shopping complex is just across the street. So are many Pure Veg Indian and South Indian Restaurants.
The MTR Farrer Park is just round the corner and a short walk.
We stayed out the whole day and returned only at night to sleep in the hotel and get fresh in the morning so did not mind the shortcomings of this Hotel.
Double bed rooms are better than triple bed rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Claremont Hotel is a value hotel offering affordable hotel room stays and strategically located on Serangoon Road, the main street coursing through the Little India district. Claremont Hotel offers real value for money with its extremely accessible location to The Farrer Park MRT Station (NE8)and is just a short 2-minute walk to hotel doorstep. Located opposite the hotel is Mustafa Center, a 24-hour shopping haven. Leisure and business travelers can get almost anything from the shops around here. Visitors arriving at Changi Airport can zip through the MRT train system and reach the comfort of Claremont's hotel room in less than an hour. Step out of Claremont Hotel and you run smack into the Little India, one of Singapore's oldest and culturally rich district. Crossing the Serangoon Road, visitors will encounter a labyrinth of short and lengthy lanes dotted with multi-colored restored Pre-War shop houses; in pink, green, yellow, blue, purple, and red, orange and turquoise that is an attraction itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Claremont Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singapore Claremont Hotel
- Claremont Hotel Singapore