Claremont Hotel Singapore
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$333
US$288
  • Pool
Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$155
Novotel
  • Pool
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$167
  • Pool
Swissotel The Stamford Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$195
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$166
US$222
US$190
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$149
US$137
US$115
All reviewscomplimentary breakfastsentosa islandmustaffaserangoonasia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This is located in the heart of Little India...and very nearby to some Bangladeshi restaurant which was important for my wife as we traveled to Singapore direct from Langkawi and she was getting crazy to have some Bangladeshi food.We are a family of 3 with our son aged 4 and stayed for 3 nights.The room is small but clean,Toilet door has no lock and breakfast is quite ok and the receptionists were not so friendly.I didn't mind with all this as this is purely a budget hotel and in our short visit to Singapore we stayed out whole day and returned to the hotel only at night to sleep.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is a purely budget property located right in the heart of little india.
Do not expect much, but the rooms are clean undoubtedly the breakfast is good atleast can stuff up your stomach for half a day.

if you walk in as a normal client you may find the rooms tariff between S$168 - S$208, you rather go online and buy but it from there, where you can get the same room from S$100 - 120 per room per night.

Receptionist is not friendly at all.

Room Tip: Good option for budget travellers, ask for a better rate at reception or book this room through other booking engines.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank arpanmshah
Reviewed 12 April 2014

For the price at which the rooms are offered, you have to compromise. You have to carry your own luggage to the room. We are a family of 4 with 2 children aged 4 and 10. We stayed for 3 nights in a clean acceptable triple room. The room size is small with one double and one single bed. The bed sheets on the bed are just the size to cover 3 sides of the mattress. The mattress is hard and so sleep quality is not too good.
The TV does not have remote and so you have to change channels manually.
The hotel was kind enough to provide a spray can for the mosquitoes in the room and spiders in the bathroom.
The Air Conditioning started leaking on the 2nd night of the stay but was promptly fixed once the reception was informed, but had to go down to the reception at 11 PM.
The famous Mustafa shopping complex is just across the street. So are many Pure Veg Indian and South Indian Restaurants.
The MTR Farrer Park is just round the corner and a short walk.
We stayed out the whole day and returned only at night to sleep in the hotel and get fresh in the morning so did not mind the shortcomings of this Hotel.
Double bed rooms are better than triple bed rooms.

4  Thank Abhishek A
Reviewed 17 March 2014

There are many hotel in Singapore, none of them start with word Cheap depending upon location, purpose of visit etc.
I was scared as per the Bad reviews people made on Trip Advisor, I have travelled more than half of the world including 3 times in Singapore only for vacation with family wife and 2 kids 3 yrs and 5 yrs old. This time I had planned by adding my Mom and Dad too.

Reason to select this hotel:
In my previous vacation I booked other hotel(due to location) for approx 180SGD but this time keeping in my mind my parents. I wanted hotel next to Mustafa Market so that after late evening shopping, Sentosa Island etc when we come bac we can drop Mustafa Market for Vegetarian Indian Food and after dinner we can just walk to hotel instead of looking for taxi in Musy road for 6 people including 2 old age and 2 very young kid.

I selected this hotel at unbelievable 70SGD for one room and i booked 2 Delux Room and as its just opposite to Mustafa market.

Things to take care before booking:

I had my home work done so I will Tell you all keep in mind --> This is not a Fancy Hotel, everything is basic right from the entrance to Lift, Lobby, Room, Furniture, TV. I booked for 2 days, I called the Hotel and spoke with Adam in reception cause I don't believe in booking via agoda, Asia.com, Hotel.com etc. I told Adam my parents are old age and the reviews are horrible but I feel the room should be clean. Adam advised if its not good than they won't get business and Assured me to book and see the Room prior to check inn and if the room is not good than he will give my money back.

I went with that and -->

I got 2 rooms next to each other 706 and 707 one straight opposite to lift and other next to that.

Both room were basic but it was Clean, Bathroom were Tiny but they were Clean. One Room TV didn't work I spoke to Adam and he called room service and it was Fix ASAP.

If you are coming from Airport and if you are alone or couple you can come direct from Airport Shuttle Bus for 9SGD PP.
If you call Shuttle Bus they will pic you for your flight for same 9SGD PP. I took Jumbo Private Car which charged me 50SGD.

The Towels were Clean, IT had few TV channel including Kids Channel. I had booked the Room for sleep during night but if you are planning to live in this hotel 24 X 7 hrs for few days than there is no entertain in this hotel.

THe Mer-Lion is approx 15SGD in Taxi
The Sentosa Cable Car Mountain is approx 30 SGD in taxi
Airport 9SGD shuttle Bus or in Taxi approx 25SGD( please note I took Jumbo Provate Car due to Big Family and Luggage for 50SGD)

The Room were clean, Aircon was ok, but you can't expect very Furnished room.

descent twin Bed, Clean Bathroom.

Service :

The Staff is really good especailly Adam very honest and down to earth, they will help as much as they can.

All major restaurant around just opposite to hotel, If you are Indian,Shrilankan, Fiji, Pakistani than this will be advantage for you guys especailly Vegetarian.

BreakFast :

Break fast is included in the booking price. I requested to remove breakfast and give me discount but I was advised its included in the price. Again I had head scary stories about break fast e.g. cold milk, cold tea, cold food etc. But let me tell you all those were wrong and not correct. The Breakfast area is in Basement I will agree to that between laundry and luggage area but once you step into Break Fast Area its very Clean, Nice and Breakfast staff especailly all women welcome with Bright Smile, they are good down to earth on top the Breakfast is above expectation especailly if you are from India.

Tea, coffee, Juice, Bread, Jam, Idly, sambhar, Fried Rice and all were Fresh and good. Beileve me I have settled in Australia more than 10yrs and my parents and family was very happy with this Hotel

If you have any questions most welcome and if you like please hit help fuly vote so I know my comments are on right direction :-)

Please note - I still don't know why people reivew so bad about this hotel and Breakfast. I guess they should go to Japan where room are half of this size and twice expensive and location and Breakfast forget it

Good Luck,
Jignesh

Room Tip: Try to take room level 7 or above and call and speak to Adam about clean room
12  Thank Jignesh J
Reviewed 12 January 2014

stay in this hotel only if u can adjust the sad part of it, the bathrooms are very small, the shower and health facets are average, the breakfast is bad the staff the service is on a snails pace, the location n budget is the only advantage of it, the wi fi picks up in some spots inside the hotel not all.

Room Tip: rooms facing serangoon road would be a good option else the back side is not so impressive
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends