“A bird's eye view of the city”

Singapore Cable Car
Ranked #47 of 879 things to do in Singapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The breath-taking connection between Faber Peak Singapore and Sentosa Island Established since 1974, Singapore Cable Car is the nation's first and only cableway that links Faber Peak on mainland Singapore to the island resort of Sentosa, before flying you to the Merlion or the sandy beach at Siloso. Today, the cable car rides are enjoyed across a Cable Car Sky Network of more than 100 cabins spanning almost 5 kilometres on the Mount Faber Line and the Sentosa Line. A 'joyride' across the Cable Car Sky Network offers a 360-degree aerial and visual treat of the entire Sentosa-HarbourFront skyline and the resort island. The scenery transforms as the cabins soar above the forest, through a skyscraper, over the harbour and travel across the jungle, sand and sea. Our passionate service ambassadors are on hand to create happy moments for all cable car joyriders. Singapore Cable Car Opening Hours: From 8.45am to 10pm (Last boarding: 9.30pm)
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I had a few hours to spare & decided the cable car was a good way to spend them.
It was 26SGD for the cable car which is quite a lot for what you get - just the cable car ride however it was still a nice way to see Singapore. The price of the ticket gives you a round trip to Sentosa. I didn't find it particularly well signed but I still managed to find my way around. The cable car, to begin with, takes you away from Sentosa which was slightly worrying however when I reached the first stop (even though it was terribly signed) it became obvious to me that this was part of the round trip tour.
Sentosa itself is nice however the cable car ticket only gives you the cable car, if you want to see any other attractions at Sentosa you need to pay extra; which explains why there are lots of signs at the ticket office trying to sell you packages giving you entrance to a few attractions.
I think doing it once is enough, I'm not sure if I was back in Singapore again if I would do another trip on the cable car. It was a nice way to fill in a few hours even though the day I did it, it was about 1000 degrees & walking around in the sun wasn't high on the 'to-do' list.
I'm not sure if you were a family of four if this attraction would tick all the right boxes especially considering everything cost something...maybe you would be better off looking at getting a joint pass to see a few of the attractions to keep the kids entertained.

1  Thank Liz_D27
Write a ReviewReviews (3,383)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"mrt"
in 66 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2014

for 26 dallars ( the way singaporeans say it) we could spend nearly 4 hrs. It was amazing and the facilities are impecable. Food at sentosa can be had at MALAYSIAN street food which is the only aaffordable and quality place in the region.. Be prepared to walk a lot. Not for the elderly and parents with young kids. enjoy.

1  Thank Sibu S
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Once in the cable cable, take a quick look around you to enjoy the view of singapore city, sentosa island, the port, ships, sea. (What else?)
Felt like it took less than 10 minutes. Nice to try it once, but probably will use the train or bus the next time (to sentosa island).

1  Thank b14w4k42p41
Reviewed 5 April 2014

At the end of our first day, we ran in to this and although we really didn't need to be going someplace in particular, we rode this just for the aerial views. It was very nice. We found quite a few others that were doing it for the same purpose of just being there for the views although I know that most will be using it as transportation from point A to point B.