“Budget hotel not suitable for family with children”
Review of Hotel 101

Hotel 101
Ranked #44 of 80 Singapore B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Room big enough for two people in the room, wifi not stable, location near bus stop, mrt station 15 minutes walk, spend 5 days but hot water ran on the 3rd day, check in must at 2 o'clock, but they could keep our luggage before we can check in, near 24 hour super market, 24 hour food court, house keeping clean the room every day, location not suitable for family with children because so many prostitute in front the hotel night and day too, ac cool enough, window can open, can smoke in the room, quick check in and check out, the hotel rent the room hourly, a lot chinese tour group staying in this hotel.Take bus 80 if you want to go to Bugis, China Town Vivo City,and Sentosa. Taxi to airport from hotel is 12 dollar.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel 101

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We have booked the hotel on line due it cheap rate.However, find is not suitable for female traveller or muslim .Although it easy accesible by public transport it is well known by the local as black area,it is a prostitution area. It is like red light zone area, where you will find hookers hanging around along the steet looking for customer especillay at night time.Mid night can be noisy with the activities going on...you can even heard people talking along the corridor as well furniture screeching upstairs.

Room Tip: As advice by the local taxi driver , please avoid any hotel located from lorong geylang 3- 23.So my...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nizah
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. It is cheaper compare to other Singapur-ian hotels, but it is not for single/ female travellers because of location. Except that, rooms were clean. Geylang district is well known with prostitution and it practice right in front of the hotel in daylight and getting worst at night. No breakfast include but there are a lot of Indian and Chinese restaurants on the district. Try to get higher floor room!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2012

We had never visited Singapore before and I think the overall stay in the city would have been much better if we had paid more and stayed somewhere decent.

This is very much a case of you get what you pay for... if you just need somewhere to sleep and shower then perhaps this will do.
The rooms are old and run down, they are not that clean at all (there was also rubbish on the floors in the hallway) there were blood drops on our bathroom floor and cigarette burn marks in most of the furniture.
The staff at reception had no idea about the typical tourist attractions - we asked about the best way to travel to Clarke Quay or to the cable car or the Singapore flyer and Sentosa Island and they didnt know where we meant or what we were talking about.
There were no extra pillows or blankets in the room - just a base sheet and a thin old bed spread and 2 pillows on each bed.
We picked this hotel for the simple reason that we were travelling with our kids aged 12 and 9 and we could all stay in the same room together. Now I had read reviews that there were working girls in the area........ what i didnt realise was that there wouldnt be just a handful of them but more like CROWDS of them filling the sidewalks on all sides of the street at the entire intersection. Its like the Royal Easter Show. And whilst they were respectful to us as a family & friendly to our kids as we pushed thru the crowds to get into the motel at night, there were just sooooo many of them and the hotel staff allow all their pimps to hang in the grounds of the motel and around the main door (so they can collect their take as the girls leave the motel) ...sadly it really DOES rent rooms by the hour and the girls are there ALL night (sometimes in the day too) so given that we were on the 3rd floor and a corner room with two windows, we could hear them talking all night and the food carts that fed them and we could also hear them once inside the rooms entertaining clients and then the constant noise of housekeeping cleaning the rooms 24/7 to prepare for the next clients - its more like a brothel than a motel!

No little convenience stores or take aways anywhere nearby - just not a convenient place to stay at all. Really really hated it...

Room Tip: if you really have to stay there - ask for a very high room to avoid the street 'noise' and...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Really nice light room, good shower, amazing house keeping (above and beyond the usual. It extends to pyjama folding!!) plus wifi. Polite staff.
Downsides- found at least 1 small roach a day. I found the room to be quiet. I expect to be disturbed by couples, but I so appreciate being put high up away from that. The location is the real low point. I have not felt safe walking around at anytime, esp in the evening, with all the girls out the front. It's a sad and disturbing site to see.
There are no takeaway places close. The mrt (closet being Kallang I think) isn't in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I think the hotel is okay. Receptionist was kindly and able to speak three languages (Malay, English and Chinese). Bed sheets were kinda dirty with some stains and the pillows were definitely uncomfortable but overall it's fairplay. Windows are good with views while tv having some proper channels.

I feel irritated also when going outside the hotel alone in the morning when one of unknown prostitute tried to call me few times. Basically I ignored them because I came there for vacation. After that I called my sister to accompany me outside. Maybe if that time I couldn't manage my temper perhaps I'll call security to reprimand that prostitute. From many hotels near 101, I found out only this hotel having too many prostitutes in front of hotels.

I suggest this hotel for families or group of tours or with friends. Those prostitutes try to call or even seduce lonely men even those ladies have been ignored.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank stvePHNgb
Reviewed 26 July 2012

all basic amenities for traveler are available in the room. . the Hotel is decent but the place is indecent.Nice location for night life and plenty of restaurant. Easy to access to all area in Singapore .

However, the cleanliness was not pleasant and the room was very old with poor maintenance. It is the price that will pull me back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business