5footway.inn Project Chinatown 2
US$308
US$224
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$527
US$367
MarinaBaySands
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$168
  • Restaurant
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
US$493
US$326
  • Pool
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$191
Official Site
US$125
US$98
US$168
US$145
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspagoda streetcoffee machinefree breakfastmrt stationthe location is perfecthot waternice stayclarke quayhostelchinatowntoiletbackpackerswifidormcleanlinesscomputerssockets
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was staying here for a night and I feel satisfied with the service as well as the room, breakfast, coffee break and also the bathroom. The staffs are very friendly and I really thank them because some of help the gave. Thank you 5footway!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thyasayu
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I once stayed at the 5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1 @ Pagoda St. and all the good experiences brought me stay again in this chain hostel. I initially wanted to book the private room with double bed, but there was none in the Project 1, so I book the room in Project 2.

Being in the same area, the location is perfect. Near to bus stops and MRT (though Project 1 is much closer being in the Chinatown MRT entrance area). Easy to find foods. Easy to get last-minute souvenirs.

Personally I think the Project 1 has more homey feeling then Project 2.

I got an upgrade for my private room (got a room with window facing to the alley! A BIG thanks!). There were few stains on sheets, but the room was clean in overall. AC was super cold. Comfy beds and pillows. Fast wifi.

The shared bathroom:
1. there are around 7 or 8 tiny cubicles in the female bathrooms, some are equipped with a shower and a sink, some with toilet and a sink, some only the shower.
2. much smaller than the bathrooms in Project 1.
3. not perfectly clean, esp. during peak hours (I can't blame the hostel).
4. pretty crowded at night, because only some rooms with shower in it.

The staff who handled my bags when I dropped it there before check-in time was an ignorant guy with his smartphone, but the one who checked-in me later was another super friendly guy!

I think the management should consider some rules for those noisy guests. It was pretty annoying trying to sleep with cheerful screams from nearby room. (Plus there was a road construction project in front of the hostel, but they stopped around midnight).

Choose the 5footway.inn Chinatown project 1 in Pagoda street if you can, but this 2nd project is also acceptable.

Room Tip: Ask room with window if possible.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I like the clean white design here, make it simple yet convenience, esp the bathrooms, though at peak hours some may leave it at bad condition. Been staying here for 4 times in the past 2 years and absolutely will come back.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 18 March 2014

This is not my first time staying in hostel during travelling so I believe I've set a proper expectation on this, but I still feel disappointed.

The room is not bad, sleeping quality I would say OK, what I feel disappointed was the management. I understand this is not a normal hotel, but there should be at least some basic control. During middle of night (about 1am) there were 1-2 families (they know each other, probably Chinese or Malaysian because I hear Mandarin), they allow their children to shout, to run, adults were talking loudly outside, even after I warned them. I've been staying hostel in other region, at least these kind of annoying scenario is controlled by hostel staff, but there isn't any here, and about 7am next day they started become crazy again, so I decided to check out early before getting paranoid.

And this hostel is not really cheap compared with some very low end hotel, I couldn't convince myself to share room with others like this next time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great hostel! Good location, fast wifi, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and friendly staff who really do their best to help you out. i really highly reccoomendeed this place. I will surely be back for sure! a tip is to book with them online for cheaper amd better rates !this hostel is one of the better hostels in Singapore!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo