Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Michellelhy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Cheap & nice, but no upper deck again please

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Oct 2012
Just back from my 3 nights stay at capsule hotel located at Clarke Quay. SGD 25 for one night & it is very near to Clarke Quay MRT station & the bus station is just at the ground floor. The location is just great, it is very near to Orchard road, Sentosa Island, City Hall(Merlion) & Marina bay. For such a strategic location, I would say that it is cheap & worth it. You can go for a drink near central point at night.

The service was great, I switched on the TV in the midnight & found out that it was spoiled, there was only white colour image on the screen. I went to complain that my TV is not working & the guy promise that they will fix it tomorrow as because the other guy who knows how to fix it had ended his shift. The next morning, I went out to some places & was wondering maybe the guy had forgotten to fix it & I will not get to watch any program for another night. Out of my expectation, it was fixed & working well when I am back. thumbs up for the service.

This hostel provides 24 hours "breakfast" with some margarine, jam, juices, milk, biscuit, bread & some cereal. One thing I really love about this capsule hostel is I feel more privacy than normal hostel because you are enclose in a square shape "capsule" rather than having others watching all your movements in the hostel.

Yet, there is one thing I don't like about this hostel is the "capsule" is double deck. As because I got the upper deck. Therefore, whenever I want to go out or go to the toilet or any other action, I need to climb up & down, which I think is very very troublesome.I recommend you to request to stay at the lower deck rather than upper deck, it is much more easier & save a lot of time & trouble. Overall, it is good & I would love to have a stay again in this hostel when I go to Singapore.
Date of stay: October 2012
    £630
    £559
0.8 miles from Woke Home Capsule Hostel
View more hotels in Singapore
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I am just back from a 2 night stay and I have mixed feelings about this hostel.
I was not too impressed by the cleanliness of the bathroom, showers and for a property that is quite recent (opened less than a year ago) I am concerned how it might look like 6 months, one year from now?
Also the staff was not super friendly, actually one of the guys at reception was sitting there most of the time with his smartphone head-seat on?
To end on a better note ... location is good, as said before, close to Chinatown, walking distance to Clarke Quay and even to Raffle Place, Marina Bay
And probably the most important ... it's a very cheap accommodation for a rather overpriced city as Singapore

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This is a really good idea! We stayed for 2 nights and loved having our own pods. The bathrooms were a bit small though for so many pods, luckily the hostel was not full! Really friendly atmosphere and lovely staff.

Location was great, near to Chinatown for cheap eats, near the train station to get around and near Clarke Quay for drinks.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This unusual 'place to sleep' looks a bit scary, if you looking at its description, but actually it's surprisingly comfortable and cozy.
Yes, it's looks like a sci-fi movie interior, but, actually, it's *much* better than "normal" dorm in guesthouse, where 200lbs guy on upper bed dangerously shake you all night and drunk girl at next bed snoring into your ear. "Capsule" is enough room for quite and cozy sleeping (if you're not a badly claustrophobic person) with a privacy.
A powerplug inside the box, personal light, TV with headset (no premier league games or loud F1 race in a room anymore) and free wifi makes this place very pleasant.
Free 24-hr 'breakfast' in lobby and free washing machine is a bonus (important for me)/

This place located near a city center, 300m from Clarke Quay and 800m from Raffles Place.
Very clean and well maintained place for good value.
sleeping floor not available from strangers from outside (elevator will be securely unlocked for this storeys only with your "electronic guest pass").

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank romx
Reviewed 29 July 2012

first time ever staying in a capsule, great location located only a couple of hundred meters from Clake Quay MRT train station, about 100 meters to a street of local food and restaurants. Hostel is located outside a bus stop which is handy. Capsules are clean and comfortable complete with Free Wifi, power point, laptop table, flat screen tv, mirror, bed side lamp.... would stay here again

Room tip: ** NO pool of fitness center.. **
Date of stay: June 2012
3  Thank Kmurtrav
Reviewed 16 July 2012

great hotel location where walking distance to Clarke Quay/City Hall MRT. Lots of eating places around. Great value with services provided such as WIFI, free breakfast, mini TV screen. around the clock :). Stay for a night, bathrooms are clean. Access card and capsule gives you sense of privacy. overall, its a lovely to stay if you are not a big size guy :). (sometimes hit my elbow, legs sticking out of capsule... )

Date of stay: July 2012