Lock in the lowest price from these sites
neehyan
Penang Island, Malaysia

Great For Solo Traveler

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Nov 2012
I decided to book this hostel for 3 night stay after reading review from tripadvisor. The hostel capsule able to provide sufficient privacy with individual roller blind and also individual tv with headphone. Please be prepared 25SG for the hostel deposit even I had made full payment online. Regarding the reception staff, overall is ok but I found one particular guy wear glasses which is more helpfull and friendly for assistance (One of the guess lost her wallet at the internet PC station and he tried to help by review back the CCTV in attempt to look for any clue who took the wallet). I had no waiting problem with the toilet and bathroom usage but I would suggest the hostel owner to install an exhaust fan at the bathroom as it may get pretty hot and stuffy after high usage. The wifi is provided free but you may also use their provided 2 PC for internet access. Another plus point is that the kitchen provide 24hrs breakfast and also free self service laundry. Overall, I would say great for solo traveler and i will stay at Woke Hostel again if I travel solo to Singapore again.
Date of stay: October 2012
Room Tip: Try to ask for lower deck and avoid the door entrance.
Trip type: Travelled solo
    £91
    £92
0.8 miles from Woke Home Capsule Hostel
View more hotels in Singapore
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Decided to give capsules a whirl, am a bit past the dorm room thing these days, but only because of the complete lack of privacy, dont mind sharing bathrooms etc. Paid $20 SGD for the night through booking.com, which includes an all day breakfast of cornflakes toast and condiments, coffee and cordial, plus free wifi throughout the building and washing mashines with powder. There were 3 capsule dorms on my floor which each had about 18 capsules, and one bathroom with 3 showers, 3 basins and 3 toilets. Didn't feel crowded as everyone is on a different clock, and the showers are fantastic!

The capsules themselves had plenty of room, I could lie my backpack in there next to the mattress (it's a bit of a beast so it didn't fit in the locker provided) plus your own tv, a fold down little table top for laptop etc, a lamp, a mirror and a power point. Comfy mattress and pillow, nice clean sheet and poillowcase provided and a little blanket. There is a cane roll down blind at the end so you can seal yourself in, nice and private, really great to have your own little space that no-one can see into.

The building itself does not make a good first impression, nor does reception as it's in need of a bit of re-furb, but you get over that pretty quickly. Its based over several levels on South Bridge Road - which is a fantastic location to walk everywhere including Clarke and Boat Quay, Chinatown and to just hop on the MRT - and the floors with the capsule dorms can only be accessed with an electronic card, so pretty secure from non-guests.

Would definitely stay again :-)

Room tip: Ask for a capsule which is at the end - away from the door to the room - and not facing another capsuoe. These are the most private.
3  Thank LaydeeLala
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I really like how they provide all the facilities and make the good offer with its not-so-high price.. I also like how they try to keep our privacy safe even in their mixed dorm.. Clean, comfort, complete. This hostel meets all my needs! Surely will come back here.. :D

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Dinar M
Reviewed 19 October 2012

Read about this type of place in Japan, but never thought I'd stay in one! It's actually pretty good as far as hostels go in that you get your self contained pod. Surprisingly wasn't too cramped. Good that each pod has its own power point, light, privacy screen and tv (only few channels with very poor reception). Free wifi is good, and free washer dryer and detergent a nice touch. Could do with more storage space though. You'll need to travel light. Great location near river with eating options close by. Highly recommend for the budget traveller.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

Hostel is located 5 min walk from Clarke Quay station. The pod adds a lot of privacy has power points, tv, mini fan. Area is air conditioned. There are 3 showers and 3 toilets mixed for the hostel, the toilet can be a little cramped. Breakfast is supplied free of charge 24 hours, and washing machines and powder is also free. Staff can be a bit fussy over minor changes such as the need to update your copy of the receipt etc. Wifi is free, and two computer provided for internet access. I would stay here again. Avoid bed 507 in the girls dorm as it as the exit sign shining into your pod. There are 24 bed in the door. Mattress is a little thin. Lockers are provided but they don't fit your entire back pack, but will fit quite a lot of other stuff.

Room tip: Avoid top bunk pod 507 as it has the exit sign shining into it.
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Just back from my 3 nights stay at capsule hotel located at Clarke Quay. SGD 25 for one night & it is very near to Clarke Quay MRT station & the bus station is just at the ground floor. The location is just great, it is very near to Orchard road, Sentosa Island, City Hall(Merlion) & Marina bay. For such a strategic location, I would say that it is cheap & worth it. You can go for a drink near central point at night.

The service was great, I switched on the TV in the midnight & found out that it was spoiled, there was only white colour image on the screen. I went to complain that my TV is not working & the guy promise that they will fix it tomorrow as because the other guy who knows how to fix it had ended his shift. The next morning, I went out to some places & was wondering maybe the guy had forgotten to fix it & I will not get to watch any program for another night. Out of my expectation, it was fixed & working well when I am back. thumbs up for the service.

This hostel provides 24 hours "breakfast" with some margarine, jam, juices, milk, biscuit, bread & some cereal. One thing I really love about this capsule hostel is I feel more privacy than normal hostel because you are enclose in a square shape "capsule" rather than having others watching all your movements in the hostel.

Yet, there is one thing I don't like about this hostel is the "capsule" is double deck. As because I got the upper deck. Therefore, whenever I want to go out or go to the toilet or any other action, I need to climb up & down, which I think is very very troublesome.I recommend you to request to stay at the lower deck rather than upper deck, it is much more easier & save a lot of time & trouble. Overall, it is good & I would love to have a stay again in this hostel when I go to Singapore.

• Trip type: Travelled with family