“feel like at home !”

Beary Best! by a Beary Good Hostel!
Reviewed 6 May 2014

im travel alone but im feel like at home.I stay in female room it safety and good location.you can walk just 5 minute to maxwell food center or 3 mins to mrt!! If i go to singapore again i will stay at this hostel again :)

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

my first time to singapore , I arrived around 10 am in the morning I cant check in at 10 but we can storage our luggage at the room.the location just 5 minutes from MRT chinatown exit E. the staff is helpfull and kind.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was my first time living in the hostel.
I arrived at the hostel around 5 pm, and the lady at the counter showed me the room and the facilities around. My room was on the 2nd floor and it was mixed bed room. The room so small, and very smelly like no ventilation air from outside. And that time only 1 male sleeping on the bed corner. I couldn't imagine what it's like if the room is fully occupied as the room was sooooo small.
When I took a shower on the ladies bath room on the 2nd floor, the lamp was only at the outside of the bathroom so when I locked up the bathroom I was hardly see my things as it was quite dark.
After walking around and back to the hostel, I informed the boy at the counter that my room is smelly and asked whether I can change the room, if I have to add more money it's won't be a problem.
The boy was so helpful, he changed my room to the other mixed bed room on the 3rd floor. The smell of the room much much much better. I have seen there is a window inside this room, that's why it was not too smelly.
When I want about to sleep, I went to the ladies bathroom on the 3rd floor and seen so many crocroaches on the floor. I guess the floor was dried and no one use it for a long time, and I had no idea where's these croacroches came from.
I slept quite good at that night, the AC run well.
In the morning when I was taking a shower, the crocroaches was all gone. I don't know why.

The breakfast was very simple, only toast, cereal, jams, coffee and tea.

My conclusion is...you'll get what you paid.
And my suggestion for this hostel is.....every morning try to open all the windows in the room for better ventilation air.

The location is super good, near to chinatown mrt and easy to find local food.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

A very safety place with enhanced security lock whenever you wanted to enter the hostel, even if you wanted to enter the dorm! Bears everywhere with contrast colourful walls could make you feel warm and cosy. Very near to the Chinatown MRT and centrally located. However, it was rather disappointed to the service of the staff at the counter (daytime). Not really very friendly and helpful. I put my toiletries in the shower room but it was lost after few hours, when I asked the staff about it (not even at the counter), she just said that maybe other tenants mistook it. Not even wanted to bother about it. But the staff at the night time was much better and more helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Beary Best

My husband booked Beary Best for our visiting relatives of 12 people during December holiday for 3 nights. He spoke to the owner, Lisa, and she was polite and helpful. Location wise, it's ideal. The rooms were rather small and facilities lacking. But for the price paid, it was acceptable.

But the encounters with Nadia, the receptionist, were a turn off. They checked in at 11:00 AM. She was overwhelmed that 10 guests came early and needed to leave their luggage while waiting for their room to be ready at 2:00PM. She never smiled, was abrupt, and even said “Oh you guys have plenty of time. Why don’t you go and kill it”, as though, chasing us out of the hostel.

Arrangements were then made with her for 18 ‘discounted’ Legoland tickets. The next morning, before, they went sightseeing, it was confirmed with Nadia that the tickets will be paid and collected that night as the bus trip to Legoland, Johor will leave very early in the morning the next day. When we inquired about the tickets that night, we were told that it will be only available the next morning, earliest at 10:00AM. To clarify matters, my husband spoke to Nadia by phone and instead of being apologetic, she was argumentative and verbally abusive shouting “F” words. He told her that kind of attitude was not appropriate and he will tell Lisa about it. She replied, ”I don’t care you ‘F… S...” Realizing it was useless talking to her, we finally decided to just buy our tickets at Legoland.

She does not fit to be on the front desk to even welcome guests. Such rude behavior tarnished Beary Best Hostel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ceto8
Reviewed 21 April 2014

A very nice hostel, centrally located, walking distance to Marina Bay. Many eating places nearby, handy to Orchard Road for shopping. Walking distance to Clark Quay. Only metres from Chinatown MRT. Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast the normal free, 24 hr coffee/tea, wifi good :-)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

A really nice place to stay for a night or two,just in the heart of Chinatown,walking distance to beautiful Marina Bay.Cheap and with breakfast.Bathrooms are so so,a little messy.I will not complain on other customers behavior,because you never know...I can only complain on Stuff.Girls were really nice,but in the night there were 2 Guys in a front desk.They were talking a lot,quite loudly.Unfortunatelly in the night as well.I woke up at 4.30,because they were preparing breakfast O.o I went to the toilet and saw this,but after coming back to my bad,it was quiet.