“Generally ok”

Ranked #165 of 314 Hotels in Singapore
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Generally ok”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This new hotel is very close to China Town and within easy walking distance of the CBD and Clarke Quay. The rooms aren't particularly large and space in the bathroom is limited (there wasn't much counter space to put our wash bags). They provide a rather good amenities kit (hair brush, tooth brush, shaving kit, sewing kit etc) which is handy if you forget to bring your stuff with you. There is tea/coffee making facilities though only 3 in 1 Nescafe is available so no option for a black coffee.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the higher floors for the views at night. Be prepared for the noisy birds at...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeJu2000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bologna, Italia
Reviewed 3 March 2013

a friend lives in S'pore booked this hotel, it was a challenge but Seacare was good enough. I am a traveller for business and i am quite expert of the hotels; the room are cleaned and comfortable, the wireless free helps the people travel for business as well as who need to say hello at home. I have already fit into the Gym room, it is too small, no more than 3 people at the same time.
the breakfast at Niji it is very poor despite the two woman are so friendly. Price and quality are definetely good.

Room Tip: it is very nice to get the room at the 16th floor, despite the Sky Lounge it is not opened,
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DavideMelini
Manila, Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I stayed in Seacare Hotel on January 29 to January 31, 2013. The service starting from the reception area was excellent. The room I stayed was very clean and well maintained. Bathroom is very clean with very good water supply. Club 52 was superb with very good sound systems.

I will highly recommend to my family, friends and business associates to use Seacare Hotel when ever they will be visiting Singapore.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Solomon C
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2013

In a new building, this hotel is modern with a gym and a terrace on the 10th floor (though there's not much view). The rooftop lounge isn't accessible to guests, sadly. The room itself is clean, new and again, modern. But the twin room we stayed in was small as there's not much space to place two mid-size luggage. The wall between the bedroom and bathroom is a piece of glass. Luckily there's a curtain to roll down and there's a hanging string to pull out in the shower to hang clothes if you need to wash them or just hang towers. The stay itself was fine for me in terms of the room, the quietness at night and the courteous staff. The location is a bit far from the closest MRT--Chinatown station. You can also hail a cab walking downhill a bit to the main road at night. Many eateries and a big hawker food center is nearby on the way to the MRT. The room rate was acceptable for the room design and value as Singapore is getting more expensive to visit / live in.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 13th floor facing the project housing. We could still see other tall buildings f...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank WillTravelForStories
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 November 2012

The first problem with this hotel, and that i face, is that even the taxi drivers don't know it so you need to know at least the name of the avenue where it is and a reference of your choice (a park, another avenue, etc.).
The second problem was the staff who was very friendly but some of them are completely lost even when i called to confirm if they cancelled the amount for the warranty on my credit card, a girl after 5 minutes of looking for me on the system told me: "You know what I will put you on hold because I can't find you" and immediately put me on hold. I called again and I told her: "Lady, this is a long distance call so you cannot put me on hold for the time you want! at least take my number and you call me or put on the phone someone who can help me" at the end the manager took the call and was extremely efficient, found me on the system in less than 5 seconds and gave me the explanation i needed. So I think the problem is the new staff who is on diapers in the business.
The third problem was that i book a room for me and my couple and they gave us a room with two beds! I told the guy: "I booked a double bed because is for a couple so, can you change the bed type?" his answer was: "No sir, is the only room we have but YOU CAN PUT BOTH BEDS TOGETHER" I was like "WHAT!..." so you want ME to move the whole room at 3 or 4am, if I wasn't so tried and sleepy I will complain so much that all the guest will wake up at once (was at 3 or 4 am), anyway I understand that the staff is new so I'm sure that with the time they will improve.

The room was clean and silent, always hot water, and friendly people. A little small corridors and rooms for my taste but ok.

Will be excellent to get some kind of added value like upgrades, welcome drinks or anything! because the hotel and its location is not actually "wow".

Room Tip: Take a smartphone with Google Maps on it and the GPS enabled and you will find your self enjoying Si...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Seacare is located next to China Town and within an 15min walk to Clarke Quay. The hotel is brand new and is decorated beautifully throughout. As we were out all day exploring and only slept and showered there, the room size was more than adequate for us. The hotel staff were lovely and were very accommodating during a room change. We only had a few minutes walk to the centre of China Town for morning dim sum and evening dinners, which was really convenient as that was our preferred location whilst there. The hotel was fantastic value for money as Singapore accommodation can be a bit pricey, so we would definitely stay there again. We didn't eat or drink at the hotel so am unable to comment on the restaurant and bar but it looked nice, and we will try it next time.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LaLaLyn
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

A new hotel and everything looks very fresh. Friendly reception staff welcomed us and our luggage was brought to the room without a hint of requiring a tip. Room is compact, lacking enough storage space, but has safety box (a minor problem with this was fixed very promptyly), good quality tea and a coffee making machine. Bathroom well equipped with amenities, with a good shower. My room, at the back, was quiet with no traffic noise.

Location is not yet well known to taxis and is 10-15 minute walk from Chinatown MRT, 30-40 minute walk from Boat Quay and 10 minutes from the lesser known Robertson Quay.

Room Tip: Room at the back was quiet, but limited view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple