“a new hotel and new management”
Review of The Seacare Hotel

The Seacare Hotel
Ranked #169 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 17 September 2013

right i knew from taxi drivers that it's a new hotel
the breakfast is average to poor as said before by other reviewers
the restaurant on the first basement
but the staff is very friendly and helpful
clean rooms and good service
But even if they said free wifi ; there is no wifi working in the rooms
only in the hotel lobby there is
as the concierges told us in the floors the signal is poor cause the wifi machines are in the alleys and not in the rooms
so dear readers note that there is no free wifi in the rooms but there is only in the hotel lobby
they must do something for that
the location is very near to chinatown and so it's near the MRT Chinatown
but as it is very humid , if you are in singapore for business better to move by taxi in order to arrive not sweating
the rooms are a little bit small
and right no place for 2 luggages
and also a small detail there is no brush in the bathrooms
they were very kind to offer us 2 small water bottles in the room daily
but a negative thing : they didn't accept to delay our check out when we asked them to make it till 4 due to a delay with our plane , but they give us 2 more hours only so we stayed till 2 PM

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank vromvrom

Reviewed 27 August 2013

The check in is very fast and efficient . Samuel is very helpful and professional . Rooms are small but modern and clean . Reception always smell nice . It is a 10 mins walk to ChinaTown MRT where you have many food courts and shopping too . The bus stop too is very near . There is a food court opposite to hotel in but the food court next to MTR is cleaner . It is better to walk a bit and get a wider food choice ( including nice restaurants )

The beds are very nice and we slept very nicely as there was no noise though the hotel was booked .

I would go back again ,

Room Tip: Take room as high as possible
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank nancyN980
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband got me a room on Agoda at the Seacare as I was transiting for a couple of days from North Sulawasi and was looking forward to a hot shower and a good nights rest. The place looks decent enough and is only a couple years old so it's holding up. Overall though it was not a great experience.

The room smelled like urine- not subtle urine either. A whole lot of urine.
The walls weren't soundproofed so all noise can be heard in the hallways.
My key stopped working my second day, which should have clued me on things to come.
My room was not serviced.
The complimentary soaps all smelled like dime store men's cologne.
The shower temperature fluctuated greatly.

My second night I was trying to get some sleep as I had to leave at 3.30am for my flight, when at 11.15pm I started to get harassing phone calls from the front desk. They accused me of not booking 2 nights and overstaying. They told me I would have to pay the hotel rate and not the Agoda rate because I had decided to stay. I told them I was looking at the email confirmation that clearly stated that 2 nights were reserved and paid for. I gave them the booking number AGAIN. They said I was wrong and would have to pay the hotel rate which was over $100 more than what my husband had paid on Agoda. They told me the only way to believe me was to come down and show them the email. They were unnecessarily nasty about it and kept insisting I would have to pay.
After I came down and showed them the email on my phone they gave me a flippant apology. Really horrible customer service.

All I wanted was a good nights rest and a hot shower. Apparently that was too much to ask from The Seacare.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank MLSNOLA3
Reviewed 7 August 2013

For locals, this hotel does not offer complimentary parking. For foreigners, this hotel is quite a walk to the MRT Station. The rooms are compact but just a little space for everything. However it is very clean with hot showers. TV and writing desk could be a little bigger. I would say a stay for more than 3 days would be a little claustrophobic. I do not quite recommend this place unless you enjoy partying which Clark Quay is walking distance away and are watching your budget.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed at Seacare in Jan'13 and the hotel is quite new. Room is nice and the service is decent. You will find it hard to get a taxi in the morning though. There is a large flat near by which if you are keen on cheap local food, you can find it there. I think it is a bit confused to walk from MRT - China town and you have to walk pass those flat which the water from the cloth hanging outside might drop on your head. I don't find it decent to walk pass those building and especially at night.

However, you can walk to Clark Quay for food which is not far. Overall, location is okay and room & service are nice.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank thisisfriday22
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Hotel is quite new and we stayed at superior room which was nice and very clean, well equipmend: large, nice bed and big pillows, tv, minibar, coffee and tee making facilities and bathroom included toothbrush, shower gel, shampoo, hair dryer etc. Free wifi which worked well.

Location of this hotel was good, within walking distance (10 min) from clarke quay and chinatown. Chinatown MRT was nearby, so it was easy to reach all main areas and attractions. Also getting taxi was easy and quite cheap to go everywhere.

Hotel service was ok, having a room earlier than check-in time was not a problem. The staff were friendly when we asked some advices but you have to ask. They let us leave our baggage there after checking out while we went shopping before our flight. Only big minus for that the skylounge was closed although they are marketing that is part of their services. Only open for private bookings.

As a conclusion we (young couple) think that this hotel was a good value for the money if you are looking for a nice and peaceful accommodation with good location and affordable price.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Janikay
Reviewed 16 May 2013

First of all , check-in and check-out was smooth and fast. Friendly staff. We requested for higher level rooms and we get it but didn't get the same level as our friends. The room was comfortable but it's quite small maybe because we get a corner room near the housekeeping room. We can here them in the morning because its just beside our room. Nice view from our room .The bed & pillow was comfortable, room is clean. We went to the rooftop terrace at night to chill but how we wish if there's some fans because it's quite hot when there's not wind. After All , it was cosy with big & comfortable sofa. But the view, you can only see flats around you. When to club 52 but there's a lot of chinese old man hanging there so we decided not to chill in there.
Don't know how the food taste like because we didn't order any food from the hotel restaurant.Lastly , the wifi, we tried to connect using our iphone but couldn't except for ipad . Too lazy to check with the receptionist.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends